Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    not gonna be able to make it tonight, i have had a dodgy HDMI port on my ps3 for a while now which needed a wiggle to work (thankfully held up in all my other races this season), but now its fully knackered. anyone know if it's fixable and if so can recommend someone in the melbourne cbd? I might take it apart my self tonight for a laugh...
  2. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Not going to be able to make it have good race all
  3. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well, what an anti climax .

I didn't qualify at all after getting hit by TB 3 times in 2 laps even though he was half a track away. Overdrivve got in to the room, so I parked it and thought, long race, will start at the rear and come through.

Start comes, TB is as the back as well for some reason ( was sure you were up further than that) and then I fumble my way around for the first few laps. A few guys have a few moments and am up to 6th, with TB behind me, he gets the draft, so I let him go.

On about lap 9 Nat and TB get together (I think) so I get past and TB disconnects, then get my head down to chase the cars on front, come to the end of mountain straight and see 3 cars slowing to the left, happy days, then bang, disconnected.

At the time I thought the whole lobby must have been DSC, just by the way the three in front slowed, but it would seem it was part of the glitch on my screen.

Stupid game.
  4. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Bad luck Stu.
  5. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorry about the STUPID F@*^$&!G lag in qually Stu. Am going to throw this 'new' router in the bin and get out the other one I was using previously.

As to my start position, yeah, I did actually qualify third, but in my confusion while typing a good luck msg just before the race started I managed to kick myself back to the pits, ala round 1.

Nat and I didn't come together. ( I didn't come at all, don't know about Nat:confused::p:rolleyes:) Just like was discussed pre race, my game froze just before the dipper. game reset, which forced a system reset.

Bugger. Was happy sitting 3rd in the standing, but after this, I can see myself falling way down the list.

Congrats to Cob for taking the win over Jono and Fire. Natman Fastest lap.

Order (if I remember correctly)
    Cob 1:11.8xx? pole
    N64 1:11.7xx
    Firewind ????
    natman 1:11.6xx
    TTR_Joe????

t_b_, Stu, Overdrivve - not sure who goes where with me and stu dsc'ing around the same time, I think I went first then Stu. Overdrivve had parked up already at this stage, but did run some more laps later in the race.(was watching) So don't know exactly who had more laps under their belt.
    emmo46 likes this.
  6. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    I actually ran about 17 laps straight then parked it. I did take off again later but only ran 1 lap, so I finished at the start of the 19th lap.

It probably seemed like I parked it earlier because i was going so slow lol
  7. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorry, my bad. Mixed up what I saw when I was racing and watching.
    So that puts OD in front of Stu and I easily.
  8. OverDrivve

OverDrivve Rookie

PSN ID
    OverDrivve
    All good!
    Bad luck with your DSC's. It always sucks seeing it happen, hopefully there's an end to the madness soon.
    stucar17 likes this.
  9. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

yay better late then never finally got a good clean race well nearly t.b got close and lag punted me and i got a penalty but nothing big enough to ruin my race for third. had a heaps good battle with joe for the first half and kept it consistant for third yay.
    WAC, stucar17 and OverDrivve like this.
  10. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Thanks for an interesting season - can't say i enjoyed all of it but glad i stayed with it.
    Well done to Jono for the overall championship.
    Great drive from Cob last night.
    Wish i could have kept up with you Firewind but i clipped the tyre bundle at the end of the armco coming onto conrod and it stopped me dead, Nat had no where to go but to tbone me and it ended any challenge i might have put together.
    The difference in speed after pitting was just appailing and i stayed out as long as i dared, lap36 i think?

The lag this season has obviously been the real downer and i almost choked when Stu disconnected and the room was handed over
    to N64 who kept warping back in front of me every time i entered the 'cutting' ( he was several Km's in front!!?).
    Real pleasure driving with you guy's but i may not make it back for season 2 (will review this closer to the time)
    Take care all.
    J90 out.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    That was a thoroughly enjoyable end to what has been a fantastic season for me. Congrats to Cob on scoring that elusive victory and keeping his head (Mc)Cool. ;)

Was quite surprised to get 2nd on the grid actually, I was in 5th and half a second down on Cob's pole lap, but I somehow recovered 4 tenths in the final sector.

My start was uncharacteristically poor, and I was swamped at turn 1. Running side by side with JoeI was :):):):) scared of a lag punt that would ruin us. I broke a bit too late for Griffin's (or is it Griffith's?) bend, but it gave me the inside line for The Cutting, and that was all she wrote. For the next 38 laps it was a head to head battle with me and Cob for the lead. On lap 5 I gave Cob a slight lag punt at Murray's. He must have thought I was trying to gain an advantage, as I was squeezed against the pit wall and had to take avoiding action.

The battle raged on, but we were still pulling rapidly away from the rest of the field. On (I think) lap 6, the infamous Bathurst sound glitch struck and I had no sound for the rest of the race! It was extremely disorientating, and Cob pulled out a 3 second game while I was getting used to driving without sound. It made changing gears an absolute nightmare.

But the gap shrunk eventually, and I had managed to get past at the Chase, but I outbroke myself and gifted Cob the lead back. Towards the end of the stint, we jostled for position numerous times after periods of gap maintaining. Unfortunately, on lap 32, the lap I intended to pit on, the lag gremlins struck, and Cob was cannoned into the wall at the Chase. I waited for him of course, and due to our 40 second gap to F1R3, it made no difference.

The pit phase was unique, as the car felt completely different. Cob pitted a lap later and we came out of Hell Corner side by side! The advantage was with me, but 2 laps later, I broke too late at The Cutting, which put Cob side by side with me. Neither of us was giving an inch, but I was wedged into the outside wall at the top of Sulman Park, giving him a buffer.

Hunting time once again. The gap closed down, but on lap 37, I put a wheel onto the grass at turn 2, snap oversteer, game over. Well almost. I still fought, and narrowed the gap down to 3 seconds by the races end. Cob drove superbly, and deserved victory. I had the pace to win, but Cob made no mistakes, whereas I did. Congrats to Natman for taking another fastest lap as well.

It's been a real pleasure to drive this car on some of the best circuits in the game. And against some of the fiercest competitors here in ROOZ. I'm humbled to come away on top, as I've come close before but never reached the goal. Here's hoping that I do a better job in Div 1 than I did last time. Now, to secure the #1 before Warrior does....

Cheers and many thanks, Jono
    WAC likes this.
  12. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    I really hope you find the time and motivation to come back at some point. It's always been good racing with you in a room. And if you leave it'll damage our Kiwi numbers!! Without you I think we'll be left with only 2, sober BJ and drunk BJ!!!
    SuiCid3, WAC, stucar17 and 1 other person like this.
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Does anyone have lap times and pole?
  14. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Pole went to Cob.
    Was a DSC myself so couldn't save anything. The numbers above are just from memory after rejoining the room and watching the rest of the race. Should have taken a photo on my phone sorry mate. I know Jono saved the replay though, he should be able to help you out.
    I need them also, in case bathurst wins the ROC poll.
  15. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Lap Times:
    Natmanscoop 2:11.643
    N64TheStig007 2:11.693
    CobMcCool 2:11.875
    F1R3W1ND 2:12.024
    t_b_wiliams 2:12.336
    stuart170773 2:12.797
    TTR_joe90 2:12.914
    OverDrivve: 2:14.898
  16. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Well done to all competitors, specifically the mod team, you put in a hell of a lot of effort to set up a fantastic first season for GT6. Had a lot of fun and will definitely be coming back for more.

Sorry for the late notice last night, I pulled a muscle in my neck and couldn't move without being in extreme pain.
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Scotch would have helped frzn, just ask BJ, he doesnt feel a thing !!!!!
    fRZn likes this.
  18. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    What a difference a season makes, eh Nat? :D
    image.jpg
    razor4797 likes this.
  19. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Massive thanks to all in Div2 and to all the mods that put heaps of time setting all this up.
    Really enjoyed my first season with Rooz, and got better results than Id hoped for. Even if consistency let me down, I know Ive got the speed and the race craft to mix it with you quick guys!
    Cant wait for next season!
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield