Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Yeah, you were very fast there in practise :/
    t_b_williams likes this.
  2. SiK180_tR

SiK180_tR New Recruit

PSN ID
    SIK180_tR
    Is 8pm sydney time 7pm or 9pm in QLD?either way i'll be there,just hope i wont be plagued with bad luck like last night:confused:
  3. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    NSW/VIC/ACT/TAS - 8pm (AEDT)
    WA - 5pm
    NT - 6.30pm
    QLD - 7pm
    SA - 7.30pm
    ;)
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    dont stress too much guys about being there right on 8. The way my kids and missus work there is a chance i will be a little late anyway, even though i will set the room up by 8.

once we get it all sorted, we can adjust our race lobby start time to suit us all if we need to. We dont need to start all divs at the same time.
  5. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    NZ - 10pm
  6. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Spoke to Telstra today and they said there is nothing they can do for me to clean up the lag that has crept back into my connection. My line is fine apparently. ran a speed test this afternoon and got 18.8 mbps on the laptop and 14.x on the PS3. So my internet connection seems ok. I can only assume it has something to do with my wifi (but the signal strength was good??) or just bloody PSN issues.
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    weird......
  8. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

my expierence with ps3 and wifi is whenever someone uses wifi in the house both ps3's gets disconected and has drop out issues untill they stop using wifi. dont know if that helps.
  9. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    my psn goes funny when i use wifi. I always just run a wire for online play (especially rooz meets) and try and turn off all the other 'devices' in the house p.c's, tablets, smart phones etc. it's part of my sunday night routine now
  10. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Yeah I do try to limit the Ipad's being used, but with the Ps3 on the only TV in the house, it is hard to tell the missus to just do nothing for a few hours.... Will have to look into running ethernet. will be long and will have trouble hiding it as I'm in a rental.
  11. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I feel your pain. I got hold of a cheap ass t.v off ebay pretty much just for this. and just run a wire when needed.. also rental apartment and missus to keep occupied
    t_b_williams likes this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    my connection goes wierd when the missus jumps on her mac. If i try to log in while its on i get the "cant log in" mesage. As soon as she turns it off is all good again
  13. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Internet went haywire and now I'm being forced to watch a movie with the family, because you know, I've only told them 100 fkn times that Sunday night is ROOZ night and by racing tonight would give me a better chance if winning some sweet prizes, but who cares right? :mad:
    It's probably better I don't race tonight considering I'm lag punting people when I'm not even bloody moving, it's pretty disgraceful. I'd rather have fun in the midfield with a smooth connection than win every race by lag punting everyone off the track.
    smokinscotty and t_b_williams like this.
  14. fRZn

fRZn Team Driver

PSN ID
    fRZnAU
    Speed tests usually give a fair indication of what your connection will be like with light use. Light use being video streaming, downloads and general browsing. If you're with telstra and they have supplied you with a modem/router I highly recommend you ditch it. The hardware in that pile of turd (mostly the Thomson-Alcatel), and cannot handle heavy simultaneous upload/download steams (>5KB/s up/10KB/s down). You could be on a 100Mb/s fibre optic connection and it wouldn't make one drop of difference with this piece of junk and its low quality mirco-processor and components. I haven't much experience with other ISP supplied modem/routers but a general rule of thumb is bring your own in.
    sparklehead83 likes this.
  15. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    :oops: Yes I do run one of those. Telstra supplied Technicolor (never heard of them) router. Everything else is great. Good speed good wifi signal everythin is set up right. Will have to look at replacing the router and/or running a long ethernet cable for when I'm racing online.
  16. JonoStan96

PSN ID
    Thanks for feedback, and yes I admit, I'm with Telstra. Due to the parents insisting on it being run through phone line forcing me to use ADSL. My previous setup would only have a pitiful speed of 2.5mbps, but the router and booster I had kept the speed up. With the new setup, it has a maximum speed of 15mbps, however the range is poor, and my booster is out of range in my room. Unlike the old router which had no problem at all, it was the :):):):)ty modem.

I do think this is also a PD related issue, as my connections on Call of Duty, GTA, F1 and other games have improved massively, I can host, and I now have a Type 2 NAT as opposed to the dreaded Type 3. I'll take your word for Telstra's :):):):)ty software. My router from 2009 does a better job than a "router" inside a 2014 modem. Taking into account finance, I can't afford to blow another $200 bucks trying to solve internet issues which, aside from me lag punting people, aren't existent. (I'll copy this to the lag issue thread, it belongs there.)
  17. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    I'm also running technicolor Telstra supplied modem router.
    No issues in other GTA5 online or PC FPS, and IRacing.
    Can't imagine the router is the issue, but I have a couple of old ones laying around I could try. I run a t hub etc, does anyone know if it would be plug and play? Or will I have to re configure my gateway???
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    It was a :):):):)fight tonight guys.

Not sure what to say. T-B s room was no better than mine.

All I ask is we persevere and be mindful of it untill we get a fix. As frustrating as it is don't blow up at someone for something they have little to no control over.

I will see if I can find someone to help me maximize my connection as well, though I won't get any better speed than about 3mbps I might be able to make it more stable.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  19. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Maybe a preset time award to people who suffer a punt, like how you add a drive through after the race as a penalty.

Say a 15 sec award per punt is taken from the total race time, as long as all finishers save the replays, it all shows up on replay. I know it's not normal, but at least people who cop it can keep racing and still be in with a shot.

if its beyond a fix, perhaps we can adjust to accomodate it. like how we use medium compound to fix the tyre glitch.

I know 15 sec might not be right. if it happens on a straight you might lose 5 or 10, but if it puts you in the sand it could take 20 to 30 seconds to rejoin/ get back up to speed. Might be worth a shot?
  20. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Hmmm, that was interesting to say the least.
    If we can get the lag sorted it is going to be a great season as our division has some perfectly matched competition.
    Race 1 - Firewind you got lag punted at the chicane, not divebombed.
    Race 2 i let Stu & Cob through because following TB was like playing 'russian roulette' - sure enough Stu was punted into the sand 1/2 a lap later.
    Race 3 - I did not realise i started that race with RM's on (quess that's why i got away duh! sorry). Chuck chased me down and in the heat of battle i lost sight of the pit entry. what was weird was when i finally got in the pits the pitbox to select tyres had "Pulldowns" as the option/ WTF?
    i had no choice but to select it which crashed my system. oh dear
    Still had fun last night thou.