Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    the wifi hardware is poor on ps3's, I HAVE to run a wire or I get all sorts of issues playing online, not just on gt6. although saying that my ps3 is pretty old. she gets very hot very fast and the hdmi cable connection needs to have a matchbox under it to work.....
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Just got off the phone with Telsra again with a very helpful rep. Was looking in my router settings to set up dmz but managed to fk something up and lost my connection all together. Got it back up and running and UPnP is now working on the PS3 (it wasn't before). Fingers crossed it makes a difference. Oh and my router does not have any dmz settings.
  3. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    just wondering about tyres. I realise that quali is on race hards, but can we start the race on RM's and then change onto RH's? I'm sure this has been covered elsewhere, but couldnt find the info
  4. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    From what Stu was saying last night we qually on RH and start race on RH.
  5. sparklehead83

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    I presumed that was the case, but just want to make sure. would like to start on meds to give a little more grip (faster warming) earlier in the race, then try and defend my position
  6. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    That's a good strategy. i forgot to change my tyres over before race3 the other night and made a good getaway.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    What this guy said.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will have a lobby open tonight guys to do a little more testing.

Should be around 8:30 - 9 Sydney time.
  9. WAC

PSN ID
    Cheers Stu, will try and get on.
    I wouldn't mind seeing if my connection has the ability to hold under load?
  10. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Seeya there
    stucar17 likes this.
  11. WAC

PSN ID
    From the GTPlanet forum.
    Thought this had some merit - no more donuts before the race starts!?

"I do the same thing. I don't press anything while it's loading or saving, as I have the same fear of data loss/corruption. Same thing when online, when the counter gets to the red, to start the race, stop the car and don't press anything. Especially wheel users, it causes black screens and a buggy race. This game really hates inputs while loading/saving anything"
    Stumbles and stucar17 like this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sounds good guys...

been checking my connection everyday and has stayed at NAT type 2 ever since i redid the connection.

It seemed ok last night, even though there was only 5 in the room.
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    ATTENTION ROOZ RACERS!!

After much debate, head scratching and even some inappropriate jelly wrestling between Stu and Cyber, we have come to a decision on tyres. We are sorry this is coming so close to season kick off, but it can't be helped.

Sadly for those of you who have been madly practising , we will be making a change, but only because the game has changed on us. The Racing Mediums have been scratched. The only tyre to be used in the "Normal" and "Enduro" rounds will be RACING HARDS. Also in these rounds there will be NO MANDATORY PIT STOP and tyre wear/fuel will be set to "Normal".

The "Sprint" round will remain with the Racing Mediums and tyre wear/fuel will be set to fast.

Other settings to note for ALL rounds:
    Penalties = Weak
    Visual Damage = Off
    Mechanical Damage = Weak

We will do more testing at Bathurst as that race draws near, but given the flow of updates it seem futile to look too far ahead. On the topic of updates, we hope that futher updates may fix these online issues. If, I mean, when PD fix these problems we will review the race set ups and try and get pit stops back into League racing asap.

Finally, we have all noticed the glitchy rubbish that goes with GT6's clever Qualifying feature. Until this settles down we will run the rooms like we did in GT5 - Practice, 10 minute Qual, then the Captain starts the race. Please look through the COC and check the Qual rules, but basically give yourself room, get off the racing line if you're not on a hot lap and show respect to your fellow racers. As with GT5, we ask that everyone sit quietly on or beside the track during the countdown. We got out of the habit in the last few seasons, but GT has never enjoyed dealing with controller inputs when loading.

Now, get out on the track and do some practice. 4 more sleeps!!!
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I'll see if I can get on mate, I'm getting absolutely destroyed with homework at the moment, but I'll do my best to get that done before 9.
  15. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

ill be around tonight for a prac
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Will be on again tonight guys. Hopefully catch you then.
  17. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Now that I have got the hang of getting photos from the PS to the web, heres my colour combo pics :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    stucar17 and WAC like this.
  18. WAC

PSN ID
    Bathurst 12hr is a fantastic prelude to tonights opening round of season 14 (wish it was straight into our enduro race!)
    t_b_williams likes this.
  19. cjmonkey610

cjmonkey610 Rookie

grrr.. digging trenches with a pickaxe all morning to level a massive tampoline, I now have some lovely ouchy blisters.. im out for round one guys, but im in for next week. my hands just cant take any more today.. have a good one!
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    no worries CJ

I will try to get my room open at about 7:45.

As mentiones previosly, i will have Prac on as qual after a reset. It means that anyone that gets dumped can still get back in.

I will have the mics on, BUT WE WONT USE THEM have heard that it increases the bandwidth so might stop a little glitching? Will also have damage OFF, so if someone does get a lag hit, you are less disadvantaged than you might be.

Remember that there are a few guys who have had slight issues and it seems to be random who it effects the most, so please remeber that if you are involved in an incident.

Good luck all, hope it all works well and we have a good race.
    Stu
    WAC and JonoStan96 like this.