Division 2 Season 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 6, 2014.

1. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Pulldowns? Ok, this game is officially broken beyond belief.
  2. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Yeah i was like stunned for a second thinking what to do - "ok do i have a plan B?..err NO!!" - then crash!
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  3. sparklehead83

sparklehead83 Team Driver

PSN ID
    sparklehead83
    like this?? it seems PD cannot do 'online play' someone there needs the sack i reckon....
    SiK180_tR likes this.
  4. WAC

PSN ID
    lol that is spooky!
    Same pitbox but a different finish for me(no dead man!) - my screen split into two and looked like some abstract
  5. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, thanks guys.....it was frustrating.

I think we will try Firewind lobby this week sometime, maybe wednesday and see what happens

One thing interesting, when we finished i was fiddling around with settings etc, and checked my PS3 connection. I noticed that for some reason it had my NAT type as "unknown" but my bandwidth was high.

I reset the router, and did a reboot of my PS3, re-connecting the internet connection. Straight back to NAT type 2, with High bandwidth. Im not sure if that will change anything (it should but im buggereg if i know when it changed), but i think we should try it again tonight and see if its any better. If guys entering my room can check the strength level of the room would be good. (the 5 little bars on the bottom right you see when you look in the rooms screen) Last night both myself and T_B had 0 (zero) bars, although i think cob said he saw my room with 3 bars at some stage. (again buggered if i know why its different to others)

@ as far as issues when we race we will work something out. There are a few options.
    we could....
    1. persevere, and hope that the next update makes things more stable. We are all aware that there are issues and "try"to work around it.
    2. Split the lobby in two, run 2 smaller lobbies and then combine the race times for everyone to get an overall result. (not very racy)
    3. if someone gets booted take their slowest time and average it over the length of the race, but very messy and lots of grey areas. Probably not much difference from giving them last place in the room as we normally do, considered a mechanical failure !

Anyway, will see what happens this week, i assume we all have firewinds psn, so we can go into his room and see how stable it is.
  6. smokinscotty

smokinscotty Rookie

PSN ID
    smokinscotty
    Ill be on tonight for further testing. Perhaps with a different modem router.
    Any thoughts on the idea of a 15 second deduction on total race time for victims of lag puntings???
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    The only issue is, there are so many grey areas....would be very hard to police consistently throughout the season....and a nightmare if there are a few of them each race.

Small lag punt, big one, accident touch with no damage, one with major damage and a big off with it.....so many variables
  8. WAC

PSN ID
    Agreed Stu....me personally,i would just take it on the chin and look forward to the next race.
    (and remember not to follow "that guy" to closely next time!)
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    im worried there might be a few of us though Joe.....
  10. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

yeah i know i got punted all good. didnt think there were dive bombers in here :) yeah i got the tyre pulldown thing then crashed. wow why do they release games that arnt finished :( yeah if ya wanna try me hosting a room im all good im avaliable all nights too. t b's room was bad very bad.
  11. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I think the wireless hardware in the PS3 is poor.
    I did a speedtest on my PC (wired) and got 91Mbps.
    Same on my mobile (Wi-Fi) and got 72Mbps.
    Did one on the PS3 (Wi-Fi) and got 21.2Mbps! The PS3 is only a few metres away from the router.

I've not had any issues with lag or anything since getting FTTH, but I think the PS3 is probably a more likely cause than anything else, especially on Wi-Fi.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  12. WAC

PSN ID
    91Mbps!! very nice! :)
    It must be something strange cause TB said he had a 15mbps connection which is way better than mine at 6mbps and i'm further away!?
  13. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I might be a reach but given what has been happening (especially the dead man, wtf) is it possible that PD's systems/servers have been hacked. I did suffer a little lag in the early days playing GT5 when using my last router, also a telstra unit. But when I got the new one it cleared up. Its only since getting on GT6 that it has become an issue.

As I said I will try to get a long cable and see if that helps, but I dont see it changing anything as all my speeds and signal were good.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  14. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Also If Lee does run fiber maybe he is our best option as host??????
  15. SiK180_tR

SiK180_tR New Recruit

PSN ID
    SIK180_tR
    Yes,i too crashed out of t_b's room with the pulldown glitch,that was a new and strange one for meo_O but all in all,it was still fun.
    My trouble is i got the pace,but fluff it up everytime i see a corner :rolleyes: Maybe i should be a drag racer haha
  16. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    If I was in Div 2 I'd be more than happy to, but I'm Div 1 (I have no idea how I got there either)...I just like to see what is happening across all divisions! :)
  17. t_b_williams

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Opps:oops: Rookie mistake. So used to racing with you mate.
  18. leeboy910

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'll be back in Div 2 next season LOL
  19. WAC

PSN ID

The part that worries me is when you start putting all the corners together!
    SiK180_tR likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I know, it's the same for me, and I just don't get it.