Division 2 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Folks I'll be bursting through the front door at 8:20 or so.
    Don't start without me!

And no postponing, I can't make next Sunday.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok nat, will be starting race no later than 8:35 though........even if you start rear of grid shouldnt be a prob round here
  3. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Congrats Veno. looking forward to the arrival of our daughter pretty soon, count down is 7 weeks :) lot of dads around this place it seems.

Another great season in the books. wasnt quite quick enough this go around, tend to struggle with the sports cars, but had quality competition and quality racing. Thank you to all.
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    results race 7

Pole Cob 1:52:142

race
    1. Stu
    2. Zampli
    3. Cob
    4. Natman
    5. Dutch
    6. Aza (DNF)

fastest Laps
    1:51:412 zampli
    1:51:665 natman
    1:51:795 cob
    1:52:201 stu
    1:52:317 dutch
    1:54:118 aza

Was a very enjoyable race tonight guys.

again kudos to all of you who battled close, but hard and fair. Few little bumps but nothing of note.

Nat, sorry for missing my brake marker and throwing it up the inside of the sharp left at the end of the back straight on lap 5. Had a clench moment but was glad you saw me coming !!!

With only 6 starters was a little quiet on track, but the 6 of us had some good battles never the less.

Was good to get a win, i think 5 winners in 7 rounds which is testament to how close a lot of us are, even if my win was helped by penalties to most of you..........

Anyway, will do the point scores tomorrow....

WELL DONE ZAMPS ON THE CHAMPIONSHIP. GREAT RESULT MATE AND WELL DESERVED

not quite sure how the rest of us finish but i imaging it will be close for the podium spots.

thanks to everyone who raced. Hope to see you all back for season 9, in what looks like something with a little more grunt. I just hope the racing is as good as it has been this season

Cheers
    Stu
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Gee championship very close for 2nd I think, I end up on 119. Dougz stays on 92, stu goes to 93 and cob on 90, then natman closely following with 86 points. So stu gets the promotion as well! Like I said, 2nd place in championship was up for grabs tonight and in the end, stu just gets there by point lol. Great season guys, will do race report tomorrow when not so tired.
  6. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Haha wow. Was close. In a way im kind of happy to stay in div 2, although it would be good to try to run with the top guys.
    Well done Zamps. Too quick all season. Give em hell in div 1 haha.

Big thanks to Stu for hosting all season.

If next season is atleast half as good as this one. We're still in for a ripper.
  7. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Yeah, great season and well hosted stu, right from round 1 the racing was pretty intense but fair with no real angst to speak of.
    I just realised if I had finished any better than 3rd in last nights race I would have been equal 2nd in the championship and possibly would have to go up a division, (which I don't think I'm quick enough for, consistent - maybe, hard to pass - sometimes, fast - not really) although stu would have 2nd in the chamionship on countback as he actually won a race and I finished no better than 3rd (which I did a lot).
    So it doesn't matter anyway as I got another 3rd last night and finished 4th in the championship overall (I think) and get to stay in div 2 where generally the speed and ability is quite even throughout the whole division and anyone is capable of bagging a win.

Once again outstanding series guys and thank you all,

Cheers
  8. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks guys, was a good season, as i said last night, pity through circumstance that we didnt have more on the grid. Hopefully Veno, Barra, flood, Nuggett and aza are available again, add to that Sid and Jairo hopefully come back in a different type of car and we have a full grid again.......

My race was pretty uneventful, even though we had some great side by side racing and changing of position. Qualied 2nd by .1 off cob, but knew we were all pretty close and baring any huge mishaps we would all be in the mix with the draft.

On the first corner cob ran wide and it was zamps in the the lead, by the end of lap 2 i think i was in the lead and then for the next 5 or 6 laps myself, cob and natman all went tit for tat, swapping the lead and fighting.....on about lap 8 i had a small lose coming onto the straight and lost 3 secs to cob and nat, but then battled with zamps and dutch till the stops......after nat and i stopped 1 lap later than the others we were all nose to tail, but with the combination of the draft and penalties i managed to get the lead out to about 3 secs with 2 laps to go. Lap 24 was a shocker for me, zamps got the draft, on the final lap and took the lead into 1, but ran wide into 2 and copped a penalty. I took things a little easy in the last sector again and he got a bit too close but not enough to take away my luck win........

Was a good race, would have been a cracker with a full grid i reckon.........so many of us on the same pace would have seen about 6 or 7 of us in a pack......

So for the 3rd season in 4 i get 2nd in div 2........Must be time for me to go and have a crack in div 1 even though i dont think i have the pace. Will see how the divisions pan out with numbers and who is driving in div 1.....

Thanks for your support and dont forget to put your intentions for season 9 here ASAP :

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1403

Cheers
    Stu
  9. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I added it up the same, but nat got some extra points on the league ladder though?

Cheers
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    sorry cob, just re-checked it and you are right...86 is it.
  11. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Another Cracking race with dicing aplenty, like Stu said, a few bumps & missed braking markers (me included) but nothing to get upset about.

I had a solid first stint, kept it on an even keel, but got 2 penalties on my 2nd lap out of the pits, which really broke my stride.
    Never quite got my mojo back after that, save for 1 hotlap trying to close the gap back to the leaders.

Thanks for hosting this season Stu, the effort is much appreciated mate.
    I'd offer to host, but my bush ADSL just doesn't cut the mustard.

Let the testing for Season 9 begin ! !
  12. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Congrats for the championship wining drive this season Zampli, good job on 2nd Stue and Dougs for the third spot. Looks like it was a good fight to the end for you guys.
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Thanks bonus, the ladder doesnt do justice to how difficult and close this season has been. Although at the end, I was 26 points ahead of 2nd, it really didn't feel that big to be honest!!! Shame Nugget got the connection problems, was looking forward to a championship battle with him as we had been doing a lot of the pre-season testing together. Natman certainly filled that void with his two wins in succession after his holiday.
    All in well, great season, thanks for the battles Dougz, Nugget, Natman, Stu, Cob and to anyone else I've missed. Felt lucky to still be in Div2 this season with a shocker last season, finishing right down the bottom of the ladder. Last thing I wanted was to go back through Div3 again so was good to stay here. Will certainly miss it, felt like the perfect div for me, sad to spend a short time here but looking forward to the challenge of Div1 and hopefully having some good battles around mid-pack or maybe around the front :p. Again thanks for the great season, good car as well.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.