Division 2 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, an earlier start and longer race for the enduro at Cote NEXT WEEK.

Am going to lengthen the race to 1 hr 20 mins so can you please confirm you are on the same page for start times....

I will work out the race length tonight........

I would suggest (as in the calendar thread) a qual at 8:10 (1 lap dash) with race start at 8:15.

can you confirm with me if this is a major issue please. I will PM everyone as well through PSN so we all know whats doing

Cheers
    Stu
  2. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Results round 5.

Pole natman 1:09:021

1. Natman
    2. Dougz
    3. Zamps
    4. Cob
    5. Stu
    6. Never
    7. Veno
    8. Aza

Fastest lap zamps 1:08:930
  3. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

That would of got him pole in div 1 too. Fastest lap about the same, div 1 fastest 1:08.917 i think
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well Done natman, Dougz and zamps. . Sorry I didn't get the room opened earlier, didn't get home from work today till after 7 so was rushing just to make it.

Looked like a great battle up front guys. Well done.

A few boys away so was only a grid of 8 which was a shame. Flood and barra away, not sure what happened to Jairo, nuggett or sidfire ????

Anyway, I qualied 6th I think about a second off my pb. My race plan was pretty simple.........don't crash !!!! I had a small moment on about lap 3 and it was just enough to lose the draft of the leading pack so I had a pretty lonely race till never caught up and we had a small battle from about lap 19, through the pit stop and then for the next 6 or 7 laps. I was hoping he would drag me up to cob so we could fight over 4th but he had a moment coming onto the straight and cob slowly disappeared into the distance.

Hopefully will get to do some practice this week.

Don't forget earlier start for next weeks enduro. 8:10 qual, 1 lap dash, race start at 8:15.

Will try to get all the fastest laps and ladder updated tomorrow.

Stu.
  5. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Congrats on the win Natman. Was such an awesome race.
    Was pretty much battling the whole race. Intense battle with Zampli in the closing laps aswell. Just got home infront of him.

Was a good turn around after not really enjoying last weeks race.

Bring on the enduro.
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Damn Natman, those are some sick times mate, see you in div 1 again next season!
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

psssttt.....someone gave me an extra point on the ladder lol, i should be at 86.

Tough race last night, got close to Natmans 1.09.2xx, but then he blew it away by going into the 1.09.0xx.

Race started alright, lost a position early on to dougz (quickest starter out of anyone ive noticed), but pack stayed tight with natman, dougz, cob and i. First 10 laps was some of the best racing i've had, cant remember a single bump. Got a little edgey between lap 10 and 14, but it stayed alright.

Favourite bit of race for me was when cob took me going up the hill then i got the better run and went down inside down the hill.

Lap 19, and i was going to pit, natman out in front a bit with dougz a couple of seconds behind. I went into pits, never realised you had to slow down and spat me out behind dougz. Incredibly frustrating for the cause and was quite a bit behind dougz.

When nat pitted, normal order resumed and he was a bit in front of dougz. I had to hunt dougz down and did so, then stuffed it again later on. Got him back again, then it was very close till the end and i hoped to get the draft but probably got out of his draft too early and lost by about .013 i think from memory.
    Great race, championship very close now with only 4 between dougz and i. Excited for monaco, hope to grab pole and get away early, not as processional as f1 racing in monaco hopefully hehe.
  8. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks Zamps I will fix up... that's a good reminder to all to double check your points ;)
  9. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Steady on Snake !
    Not sure if 2 solid races & a freak of a qual lap quite get me there, I remember getting flogged regularly in Div.1 !

I somehow found 3+ tenths in Qualifying, haven't run a lap that good before or since, call it a miracle of concentration & practicing.. .

Awesome race, again - didn't think the Mini-Burger-Ring race could be topped for pressure, but 18 laps straight of braking duels & pos. swapping proved me wrong!

It was too even to call until the pit-stops, 'grats all for being super quick & even cleaner. Super stuff that.
    I had a lucky/quick pitstop a lap after D&Z, and Zamps copping a pit-reset on top was enough to break the tow post-stops.
    Dougz was gaining regularly for a few laps, had it down to just over 1.5sec I think, then started battling with a recovering Zamps, which slowed them both down enough for me to keep & occasionally stretch the lead.

If 40+ laps of Monaco is anywhere NEAR that intense, I fully expect my head to pop!
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Natman, i have ordered a swab.....Killed us in the last 2 races and had nightmares last night after you told me you got in the 44s at cote.....

Im buggered if i know how the hell im .8 down to the first sector split. I have both nuts out and feel like im wringing the 86s neck but not getting any love.......

got down to a mid 45 but i think that may be it, ran constant 46s but reckon i might need to book in to Aussies driving school !!! Brace yourself Aussie !!
  11. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    BRACE myself you say Stu, is it going to hurt that much??? :| :eek: :lol: i'll help if i can Stu but there some lines i just will not cross and if i have to BRACE myself ummmmmm yeah :lol:
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I try going faster but it seems to end in tears :lol:
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    You've gotta slow it down Stu, caress it, sliding it in and out quickly just isn't the way, it takes finesse to get the most out of the Yota mate, you can't just manhandle it, Aussie will certainly be able to show you a thing or two, but I assure you, no bracing shall be required, nor tears be shed (tears of joy perhaps), while your at it, he may even teach you a thing or two about racing!
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    your right Snake, going too hard just makes the rubber light up like a xmas tree.
    Red glowing rubber isnt good, you get way too much push mid corner !!

Ill try going slower with the help of Aussie and see if it gets me the result i need !!!

Its been a while since ive had a result :lol:
  15. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Need commitment a-plenty here, the courage to throw it at the heart of the apex from a mile out, & trust that you'll miss that barrier.
    It's not just you Stu, the '86 has an even narrower sweet-spot at Monaco, 'coz the corners are so slow.. . . :-(

I trail the brakes (around a quarter to 1/3rd pedal) most of the way into the apex, to keep the weight on the fronts.
    It's tricky though, too much steer or brake & the fronts break traction, washing off-line & RUINING EVERYTHING !

EVERYTHING IS RUINED D@MNIT, EVERYTHING ! ! AAAAHHRRGGGHH ! ! !

Can't wait for something friendlier to drive in Season 9 ;-)
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

woohoo got PB down to a 1.43.8xx:D almost same as aussies PB last night so am pretty pumped for this race. always loved monaco, done most of my laps in the F2007 here. but with only one qually lap, will have to make sure the tyres are warmed up enough for at least a low 44 hopefully....
  17. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Nice work Zamps. Now take the racing softs off and put sports softs on!
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    43 is a damn quick time zamps.

Unfortunately for me it will be a case of follow the leader.........

44.6 last night.......been trying all day to try and work out how i did that..
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dont forget slightly earlier start tonight guys.

8:10 qual, 1 lap dash and the 8:15 start.

Stu
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.