Division 2 Season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    results round 6

Pole Natman 1.44.921

1. Zampli
    2. Natman
    3. Cob
    4. stu
    5. dougz
    6. neverenough
    7. Dutch
    8. aza DNF

fastest laps

1:43:944 natman
    1:43:986 neverenough
    1:44:053 zampli
    1:44:669 Stu
    1:44:687 Dougz
    1:44:711 cob
    1:44:765 dutch
    1:46:353 aza

Shame we had a relative small grid. Azza got booted and dutch did a gasket and parked it in the shed......

Well done to zamps on the win. He and natman had a good battle up front and cob drove a good race to snare the final podium spot

Last round next week, fuji is a much more flowing track, should be a good race too.....

Will update the table soon as possible.
  2. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Well done Zampli, you were just too fast & consistent for me this week.

I was a bit ragged for the first 4-5 laps, hit the wall too many times letting you get that 6 second lead.
    After that I settled down & just looked after my tyres, so I could start making tenths at the end of the stint.
    I had it down to 2 seconds near the end of the 2nd stint, but tagged the wall again, then ran 1 lap too long, losing another second.

Still super close, 3 second gap at the flag after 45 Laps. Bring on the Fuji Drafting battle ! !
  3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Here's the problem:
    Father's Day is this weekend, so many (or at least some) will be away, or travelling over the weekend.
    (I will)
    Some will struggle to make it back in time for the regular start of 8:15ish.

HOWEVER
    It's also the return of F1, at SPA, the most awesome circuit still in F1 use, which I don't want to miss any of.

Any ideas on how to maximise attendance for the season finale' ?
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ummmm......short answer is no i dont have any ideas!!

Start at 8:15 will be ok for the start of the F1. Race start is 10, so we will get the second half of the pre race show.

Is there anyone that cant make it at all from the grid we had last week????

(i didnt even realize it will be fathers day........they had better spoil me !!)
  5. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah we won't miss any of F1, and we never really start on time either haha
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    There is always a first zamps. ;)
  7. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Damn i love racing around monaco, won here a few seasons ago, but it just wasnt on for me this weekend. had been working all weekend out in the garden, my feet were buggered, my knees were buggered, i was just buggered. So the enduro was always gonna end in tears. Im surprised i lasted as long as i did before the discomfort completly won over me.

Got into practice in the afternoon and though i was good for a mid 44 at best and was pretty happy with that compared to the 43's by the div 1 guys. looked like it was reasonably comparable to you guys as well, and a rather bad qualy lap still put me in 5th or 6th.

Had a great first stint keeping up with cob and getting away from stu and set my fastest lap in this stint. But unfortuately it was not a 10 lap race. The ache set in, i was understeering everywhere and my lap times were averageing around the 47-48's. Figured maybe a 4 stop strategy would give me the fresh tires to pick up the pace a little given that i had a bit of a lead over doug and never. But the new tires just would work for me, my times were terrible and i couldnt concentrate on the racing. Just wasnt feeling it tonite.

So apologies for not being able to contribute to the full race, well done all for finishing well.
  8. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

So umm.. im out this week guys. My internet is now capped. went over the limit. Its now slow as :):):):). Was just in a room with a few of the guys. as soon as something has to load it craps itself. so yeh, goodluck everyone haha.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Damn unlucky dougz, hopefully see you in div1 next season (depending on how this race goes lol)
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Dougz.......bugger mate. Need to get off the movie sites !! :lol: :p

Need to talk to col and see if he can get you hooked up with an optus unlimited download plan......Pretty cheap and with 500 gig download you will never run out. !
  11. Venosuala

Venosuala New Recruit

Chaps apologies for the no show last week. I have a good excuse though in that our second kid arrived. Two boys so lock up your daughters! I'd say I'm going to be an unlikely starter tonight again barring a miracle but who knows. Any routine we had is currently out the window. Good luck tonight!
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Congrats Veno!
  13. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    CONGRATS VENO!!!! two boys hey well done mate. my youngest is 10 months old now and WOW its full on specially with 3 other kids in the house run like ram raid!!! :p
    well done again mate get all the sleep you can your going to need it.
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Congrats veno, but save the good luck for tomorrow night haha, race isnt until then (only saturday now:p)
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    great news Veno, congratulations.

As the boys said, get some sleep mate......
  16. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Not sure if im ready to move up.. We'll see..
  17. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

You're ready mate...
  18. xNeVeR_eNoUgHx

xNeVeR_eNoUgHx Brett

Hey Stu, unfortunately I can't make it tonight due to a family commitment. Thanks heaps for organising and hosting this season!
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Like I said, depends on how race goes....stu, cob or natman can all take 2nd if your not racing tonight
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries never, we might just see how many show and if not many because of fathers day might reschedule to next week. With you out that might only leave us with 6. Will put it to the guys when we all get in the room.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.