Division 3 season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Bikini wax jas ??
  2. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Thanks Rumbles, I will try to remember to smile!
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

:lol:

Looking forward to tonight big time guys, should be some great racing.

As long I can keep it clean :p
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, Tchakgt has posted in the official entry thread that he has FR blue for tonight.

Can you make sure he gets in rumbles and Fig...

Thanks

stu
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Will do, I have him FR'd so he can join thru me if need be :)
  6. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    8.30 confirmed or what?
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I believe so :)
  8. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    cool will get on about 8 an get some laps in :)
  9. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Wow, awesome race guys. Congrats to Turbo, got Pole, took off with myself and Figjam in close pursuit, but once we started dicing for position, Turbo disappeared into the distance.

After swapping places with Figjam a few times, I decided to pit a lap earlier than everyone else, and the undercut worked brilliantly... Had a nice gap back to FJ in 3rd and I was trailing Turbo by about 7 seconds... Only thing was, the gap to Turbo stayed at about 7 seconds for the next 20 laps...lmao.

Great racing by all, fun times.... Why did I ever stop racing in this brilliant league???

:)

[​IMG]
  10. Dougz32

Dougz32 Rookie

Congrats Turbo. Knew you could do it haha :p

Suprisingly a very spread out field though.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Turbo wasn't even sown as won (not listed in the grid) on mine it had stumbles as first, xsirdave 8th, myself 9th, and TchakGT as 10th.

And during the race I was in pits and Tchak pitted after me, after we got back out on the course he miraculously appeared in front of me and as I tracked him down over the course of the lap it showed him pitted again and I got my place back :/

Did you pit twice Tchak?

Don't know what the glitch was as I haven't had any issues yet with things like this touch wood :)

The Race:
    I jumped start and got penalty :( and then had some silly spins/prangs, a compilation of small mistakes all leading to my position.

But it was funny when I got lapped I was able to keep up with whoever lapped me for a couple of laps at least or up until I made a mistake, but guys still seemed to pull away on the staight and my car is run in :mad:

But the last 3 laps were the best for me, Xsirdave and myself had a fun battle for what I thought was 8th but actually 9th and we had some god close racing :) Thanks mate.

And Congats to Turbo, Stumbles, and Gary.
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

At the start, I was holding my own.. Then the inevitable errors crept in and lo-and-behold I finished in 7th. And for whatsoever reason I could not replicate my 1:09/1:10 from the practice room :(

Off the line I was in 7th & up to 6th by the first corner and still held 5th out of the first corner. Kept the same position until Lap 7 where I made an error in to the sand/wall and homebrew/Miki pounced.. 2 spots lost. The rest of the race was a foregone conclusion sadly... Seriously I should have done top 5 but alas :(

Grats to Disturboed, Stumbles & Gary for the podium :)
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Thanks guys, fantastic round for me, for once all the stars aligned and it was just about perfect!

This was my first full race distance race win, so I'm stoked about that (my previous 2 round victories were in sprint rounds).

I managed to grab pole with a rather scrappy 1:09.9 which was no where near my fastest times.

Jumped the gun ever so slightly at the start and got a 0.2 second penalty which was just short enough luckily for the car not to come off boost, so I still managed to get off the line ok and cover myself leading into turn one. Stumbles was right on my clacker though and I had to make the black 86 as wide as I could. Cold tyres were slippery and was concentrating on not overcooking the first lap. Kept in first successfully, but Stumbles was right there, only a couple of tenths behind. He was right in my slipstream on the straight, but just not enough to get past me.

Gary caught and passed him a few laps in and was still close to me (less than a second in it), and again that slipstream would close him right in, but I could generally pull away in S2. I looked at my tyres and the damn things were still cool, I had been driving too conservative which is why I couldn't pull away, so I turned up the wick and managed to start pulling a gap on Gary. Stumbles regained himself and caught Gary then they were involved in their epic struggle which allowed me to extend the gap to about 8 seconds by lap 20. I pitted at the end of this lap.

I was baulked slightly leaving my pit by moon coming down pit lane, and then again when he slowed to enter his pit (damn pitlane autodrive!! LOL). Gary had entered the pit the same time I did, and at this time I wasn't aware Stumbles had pitted a lap earlier. Coming out of the pits, I worked out I had lost about 1.5 seconds of my gap to 2nd spot (which was now Stumbles).

Head down, it was time to finish this race. With relatively clean air (I had already lapped a couple of guys), I pushed a bit harder in the early part of the stint to warm the tyres up and it worked with me ripping out my fastest non-draft assisted lap of 1.09.0 on lap 26 or something. The gap increased back up to 7 seconds and hovered within that range for the subsequent laps.

Great work from Stumbles on his 2nd spot, somehow I think he will be seeing the top step sooner than he thinks! And also to Gary, consistent as always, it was great racing.
  14. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Well Done Turbo, Stumbles and Figjam...
    @SqeakyJocks nice pics m8
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, had a blast last night thanks fellas. The battles I had with Stumbles was exactly what I was expecting after I heard that he was going to be racing in this division. We did lose a bit of time on Turbo while we were battling, but not too much, and besides it was great fun! Excellent driving there Stumbles. It's always good when 2 drivers have a respect for each other like that, I don't think we touched once? The different lines we took in to turn 2 made it a bit interesting a couple of times though!

I must admit that I had my heart in my mouth a little bit coming up on the first lapped car, with memories of the glitch last season where you could collide with the ghosting car (plus I had Stumbles fair up my quoit). I chose not to drive through it, and it was just enough for Stumbles to get up next to me. We swapped positions for probably 4 or 5 laps after that, until he got me on the undercut at lap 19.

Turbo was just too quick and consistent on the night though, congrats mate, well done. Well done for the pole position too.

Looking forward to some more close, fast racing this season!
  16. TchakGT

TchakGT New Recruit

Hi Clevohead, I just pitted once about 23rd lap and sometimes I saw your car transparent, maybe was lag that caused that.
    I saw the entire roster listed, all 11

ps: I'm just wondering who dropped oil in the track, I'll change my car colour to John Deree's green :p.
  17. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I gotta grab some food for the rugrat, then I'll jump on and watch the replay and get the fastest laps. Looks like Turbo's gunna grab that too, I only managed a 1:09.3xx, will post the times up soon.

Gary, that was brilliant racing and you're right, not one touch/bump... Awesome. I jumped in the pits early, to try and get some clean air (was too stressful passing you, then you passing me back the next lap) and hopefully bag a couple of good laps while you were still on old rubber.

My clean air didn't eventuate though, I came out right behind Rumbles and Miki, but even my cold tyres had more grip than their old tryes, and managed to get past both pretty quickly... I Think Miki gave me a lot of room going into the last turn and then he made his pit-stop. Managed to get Rumbles at the end of the straight.

:)
  18. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ok, fastest laps...

disturboed ----------- 1:09.015 (Congrats Turbo... too good).
    Stumbles01 ---------- 1:09.304
    Garyw61 ------------- 1:09.598
    mmm_homebrew --- 1:09.833
    X-3vi1m00n --------- 1:10.074
    TchakGT ------------- 1:10.282
    Rumbleshorts ------- 1:10.507
    ROOZ_Miki ---------- 1:10.591
    daninline6 ----------- 1:10.902
    xsirdave ------------- 1:11.277
    Clevohead ---------- 1:11.899 (on lap 38.. Nice effort on old tyres)

Watching through the replay, I didn't make the apex on turn 2 until about lap 24...lol. I see what you meant Gary, about the different lines we were taking into there :)
  19. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Thanks Stumbles, was running consistent 12s when I wasn't stuffing up, and that time was while xsirdave and I were in battle for 9th :)
  20. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just worked out, my car's not fully "run-in" either. BHP went up 4 HP after that race... What's everyones HP sitting on??
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.