Division 3 season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Correct me if I'm wrong fellow Div3 drivers, but I don't believe we invited you Div1 blokes in here to be wankin' all over the place :p
  2. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yes E, thankyou very much....

And Gary, no pressure!! LOL

If you're doing consistent 39's now I'd expect you to be a front runner come Sunday!
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

:( Doing 1:44 at best: Admittedly I had a bottle of bourbon in mah bellay so 100% sober I may do better ;)
  4. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Had an accidental 1.39.9 but 40's are the norm for me. Had a great time tonight listening to the banter. Really wish the network was capable of always having mic's, that would make racing nights so much better. (E's a crazy dude, with clever impersonations). :)
  5. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    :lol: :lol: :lol: Priceless Clevo, love your style m8.
  6. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Someone has to keep braggers in check :)
  7. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    get out of the thread e
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good luck tonight guys.

Just a little reminder to all drivers.

Please respect the other drivers and the league by not cutting the chicane at the end of the back straight. Penalties are on, so cutting too fine will result in a game penalty anyway, but constant cutting to gain a clear advantage WILL result in a drive through penalty (25 secs) added to your final race time.

Hope there is some great racing tonight.

Cheers
    Stu
  9. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Looking like i will not be home in time tonight. If 8:30 hits and i am still not there, start without me.
    If i dont make it, good luck all.
  10. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Fastest Laps and finishing positions @ Nurburgring GP/D

1.38.600 Disturboed
    1.39.032 Daninline
    1.39.200 Gary
    1.40.397 Homebrew
    1.40.873 Miki
    1.40.951 Jas
    1.41.782 Evilmoon
    1.44.674 Clevohead
    1.56.404 ShuvitSideways

Finishing positions.
    1...Gary (pole)
    2...Disturboed
    3...Daninline
    4...Homebrew
    5...Evilmoon
    6...Miki
    7...Jas
    8...Clevohead
    9...ShuvitSideways DNF
    10.XsirDave DNF

DNS: TchakGT, Stumbles & Rumbles.
  11. Clevohead

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Shuvit and I had some contact on the first lap, he apologised in chat, should I have acknowledged there and then? I kept racing.

I may have had some fault too, so sorry Shuvit :(

Bad luck on getting booted to.
  12. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

Yeah, it's a real shame he has not been able to convert his real pace to results. He'd be nearly a podium most rounds. :)
  13. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Well done to the Podium getter's. Way to go Gary, keeping the "turbo" in check, well done.

Sorry I was absent, after spending all weekend away fishing, had to spend some quality time with the family. Looking at those lap times, I would've struggled anyway, think I managed 1 lap in the high 40's in my practice the other night.
  14. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Another bloody fantastic round of racing in the 86!

Had been doing quite a bit of practice over the week as I wasn't 100% confident with this track to begin with, but I picked up a few pointers from some of the Div 1 guys (E, aussie, blue etc) which really did help and I managed to stick to my goal of being approximately one second or so off the Div 1 pace.

Come race night, I was having a few issues trying to get connected to the room properly, it seems to always take me at least 2 goes to get in fully. First time I always end up not being able to see half the room, so i try again and usually it's all gravy from there, but last night just seemed to take forever, and the 10-15 minutes I had planned before qualifying to get into the groove evaporated into nothing as I was finally able to join as the track was being reset for quali!

Got out onto the track and went about laying down some times. I was one of the last out, so some times had started to pop up before I finished and on my first timed lap I beat the time by over 1 second with a 39.7 i think it was. Next lap was looking good, very good in fact, on track for a very low 39 when i goofed the final turn by running fractionally wide and only lowering the time by 2 tenths. Again, next lap taking a few hundreths of that time. So my time stood at 1.39.5 and I was relatively confident of pole. But there was still several minutes of quali left. Then, BOOM, out of nowhere, Gary throws down a 1.39.3 to grab the pole. I tried to grab one more lap, but couldn't pull it together and better my time.

Come the race start and I got a good jump off the line pulling level with Gary down the straight. I took Turn 1 way to tight and slow so Gary was able to come back around the outside of me and take the inside into Turn 2. Dan was menacing close behind. As we settled into the lap, it was Gary leading, me in 2nd & Dan in third.

Start of lap 2 I caught and passed Gary at the end of the straight into Turn 1. He returned the favour with a little tap on me bum at the shortcut, but I held on and kept going. The top 3 had started to pull away from the rest of the pack a little already. I tried to start pulling a gap on Dan (who had by this time had taken Gary for 2nd), but he responded with equal or faster lap times. He was piling on the pressure. He did this for several laps and I wasn't really able to break free until about lap 8 and from there until my pitstop at the end of lap 14, I just concentrated on building a gap, which I got up to about 6 seconds.

After the pitstop, my next 2 laps were absolute shockers sliding all around on the cold tyres. Homebrew slipped by me as I had to quickly check out the grass in one bit. This allowed Gary to catch me up. I managed to pass Brew who was doing the no-stop a lap or 2 later, and then disaster struck! Dropping a wheel into the sand on the final turn, causing me to spin onto the straight and facing almost 180 degrees the wrong way. Scrambling to find 1st gear, I finally managed to get going again, but in 3rd spot and a good 8 seconds off the lead. By this stage, I think it was 10 laps to go! RIGHT! Head down, and lets catch Gary!

I pushed like nothing else and was closing the gap at a rate in excess of a second per lap. In the process I did consecutive 1.38.6 laps which is the fastest I had ever been. I caught Gary with about 4 laps remaining and completed a pass, but later that same lap I ran wide and he slipped back by me.

By this time, I had pretty much scrubbed the front tyres to death with pushing so hard, and I just didn't have enough left to get back past him. It was tense as the gap was very small and I was hoping he would maybe feel the pressure and make a little mistake but he kept his cool and drove fantastically to pull off the win! I came in second and Dan bringing up the podium.

It was a good race once again, now we head back to Grand Valley. Bring it!
  15. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yeah, nice write-up Turbo, and a great race.

Sorry again for the bum tap on lap 2 Turbo. Slowing down to let you back in front enabled Dan to catch right up and it must have spurred him on, because he put in some fast laps after that!

A pity about the spin on the last corner Turbo, was the only reason I won I think.
  16. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Don't sell yourself short Gary, you had the pace there thats for sure.

You were very close to me before I had the spin due to my poor laps straight after the pitstop, so if I didn't spin we would have had one hell of a race!
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, i am really pressed for time at the moment so was hoping that divisions can sort themselves for an earlier start and longer race for the enduro NEXT WEEK at Cote.

Am going to lengthen the race to 1 hr 20 mins so can you please confirm you are on the same page for start times....

I will work out the race length tonight........

I would suggest (as in the calendar thread) a qual at 8:10 (1 lap dash) with race start at 8:15.

Rumbles / Miki can you confirm with your guys please.

Cheers
    Stu
  18. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I'm happy with a race start of 8:15pm AEST.
  19. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

As long as I don't forget, i will send out a msg on PSN to everyone in the div today.

Sent to all runners apart from Blue & Turbo seeing as you have replied :)
  20. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Yea 8.15 race start is ok with me, but no earlier.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.