Division 3 season 8

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jun 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Thanks for the race guys. I had a brilliant night. Did some practice about 30 mins before Moon came online, and then realized I had not set tyres and fuel burn. Managed a 1:09.3xx, but couldn't get near it after setting the track up properly.

Jumped into the Host's room, had a couple more laps, then qualifying started. I was on a quick lap and screwed up the last turn onto the straight. Had to go around twice more to get a full speed entry onto the straight... And it was worth it. My first pole for the season.... SWEET!!!!

Got a good start off the grid and held first into the hairpin, but Turbo was right on my a$$, and Gary right on Turbo's. I'm pretty gentle into the hairpin, so what I gained in sectors 2 and 3, I lost in Sector 1, but with Gary and Turbo arguing over the same bit of real-estate, I managed to pull away and wound up with another Victory in my comeback season. Grabbing the fastest lap is just the icing on the cake. I quite like that track, thanks to the guys who selected it :)

[​IMG]

Fastest laps....

1:09.946.......Stumbles01 (and Pole Position... SWEEET!!!)
    1:10.028.......mmm_homebrew
    1:10.189.......Disturboed
    1:10.199.......garyw61
    1:10.536.......X-3vi1m00n
    1:11.228.......daninline6
    1:11.375.......jas002
    1:11.780.......xsirdave
    1:13.011.......Rumbleshorts
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Wow Stumbles....utter domination mate!
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

wow, I was sure I had faster than that :(
  4. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I'll check again tonight Rumbles, I am getting old and wouldn't be the first mistake I've made in my reporting this season.

Going to be a tough race next week, tight corners and nasty chicane, at least the beautiful beaches should bring out all the babe's :).
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ooooh the babes, depending on where I'm running, I may just park it at the swimming pool, hop over the barriers and relax on my yacht, actually, ima do that anyway :lol:
  6. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    1:13.011 is what I've got too.
  7. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Cheers moon, at least I haven't lost all my marbles yet. :)
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Bugger :(

Then again not a real surprise. Using the pedals went a bit ordinary.
  9. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I remember Kimi doing that one year when he drove for Maclaren. :lol:
  10. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Great race again this week. Congrats Stumbles, nice driving. Had some great battles with Turbo at various points, but too many small mistakes got me in the end, and I couldnt chase him down. Great fun. Brew had a lot of pace at start of race too, and qualified well.
  12. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Far out Squeaky that looks saw man, just a question how was the hole after you ploud through it :lol: :p
    Just as well you did on the way to DAN's, if did coming back you would have spilt ya drink HIC-CUP!!!
  13. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Another good result this week, gratz to Stumbles on his trifecta this round (I did it at this track in reverse in round 1 too!!).

Didn't get much practice as I have been getting this week, a little bit of complacency snuck in, plus I smashed my knee into the wall on Thursday night when changing a light bulb and the chair i was standing on fell over! Oh the LOLZ! Made it hard to do the accelerator pedal, especially with my crappy setup. No where near as bad as Rumbles effort though!

Quali started and I was doing PB's but geez some of the guys had the pace like Stumbles, gary and even homebrew who was right up there! Was running 4th right up until the dying moments of the session when I did another PB and grabbed second but was still .4 off stumbles pole time.

Tried to get another good start and take the inside line on the hairpin, but I jumped it by a bees dick again, so fell in behind stumbles before the turn. First lap is always interesting on the cold tyres, but managed to keep it on the asphalt and keep the pressure on. Had a good run out of the final turn and got a good draft and could have quite easily passed Stumbles, but I thought hmmmm, 37 laps to go and tyres still not 100% up to temp, don't want to risk running too deep and understeer, so I backed off and just followed him around, again on his bumper applying the pressure.

After 5-6 laps, the gap started to grow out to a couple of seconds as Stumbles consistent quicker lap times pulled him away. Gary was all over me and we had a great battle. He passed me at least twice, once on the main straight with the draft (there's no point in even trying to defend that), and the very next lap I got him at Turn 1 around the OUTSIDE! I was impressed with myself, the cat on the other hand, couldn't care less. He got me again when I understeered out of the tunnel into the wall and I followed him into pit lane at the end of lap 19.

My pit crew worked their asses off and I was released and managed to drive past him just before he got dropped, so that was cool. Stumbles had pretty much cleared off by this point, but I wanted to try and maintain a reasonable gap in case he made a mistake. Gary and I continued to battle at various points, but the gap to Position 1 just kept growing.

All of a sudden i realised there was like 2 laps to go, and the gap was about 21 seconds or something. Gary was still threatening to take second spot, but then fell off right near the end and a few seconds adrift. Crossing the line in second spot, the better driver had won the race. Stumbles outdrove everyone that round, can't blame mistakes or accidents on that whitewash!! LOL

Enduro next week, oh noes!
  14. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Ah crap, just realised that as it stands right now, on adjusted points, Stumbles and I are equal! Dun dun daaaaaaaaaaaaa!
  15. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Hmmmm, should make the next 2 races quite interesting. Could come down to a fast lap or Pole position, or we both screw up and gary takes a couple of wins and steals the championship. :)
  16. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Remember guys, early start tonight.

Hmmm, 1 stop or 2 tonight... The tyres will last for a one stopper, but will it slow you down too much???
  17. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    8:10 qual guys, 1 lap dash qual, 8:15 race start.

Good luck all
  18. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I won't be attending tonight, good luck guys.
  19. disturboed

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Well, Stumbles proves to be too good once again, getting the trifecta of pole, fastest lap & first place.

Started the race in 3rd spot after the one lap dash.

Got a cracking start and drove straight past Stumbles who had done a Whincup on the start line and pulled up alongside Dan (started in 2nd) who had moved over to the outside of the track, so I took the inside line into Turn 1. We were side by side right up to the top of the hill and I took the outside of the left hander and by the downhill section i was firmly in 1st spot. I only managed to pull maybe a 2-3 second gap in a few laps, but for me the car felt so "wrong" and I couldn't string together some good laps. It felt so understeery, so much different to any of the practice sessions, and I couldn't extend the gap, but lost it a few times, only to gain bits of it back if Dan or stumbles made an error.

The slipping and sliding was taking an early toll on my tyres and I was off the pace, Stumbles got by me on the main straight and basically proceeded to take off from there. By the first pit stop a few laps later, he was 6 seconds in front. Dan was going for the one-stopper and plowed on. The car felt much better with the new tyres, but I was still a bit scrappy, not really reaching my full pace potential. The gap started to grow once again to Stumbles and by stop 2 on lap 30, it was out to 15 seconds.

3rd stint was good, and I started taking chunks out of the gap with every lap, but throw it away the next with a wall scrape or hit here and there. Lap 37 or so, fatigue had set in and it was hard to maintain concentration, and the gap to Stumbles blew out to 25 seconds by the end of the race.

Well done to him, perfect driving yet again. I essentially have to take the trifecta next week to have any hope of taking this championship, not an easy task, especially at a track I find hard to master.

And good job to Dan again on the 3rd spot, well done mate.
  20. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    A great long race. Had a great fight with gary for the first stint, until gary made a mistake and let me through. Spent the rest of the race making sure gary didn't get through :). Unfortunately for gary, the 2nd stop didn't go so well for him, parking his car at the wall at the pit entrance.
    Didn't manage to catch dan, who one-stopped, as I made too many mistakes during my 3rd stint.

Here's the results:
    Code:
                         Race time  Best lap
    01. Stumbles01     1:21:14.325  1:45.046  (pole) (fastest lap)
    02. disturboed         +25.781  1:45.503
    03. daninline6       +1:22.154  1:46.603
    04. X-3vi1m00n       +1:30.665  1:47.147
    05. garyw61          +1:46.964  1:47.012
    06. mmm_homebrew     +2:21.127  1:47.284
    07. Rumbleshorts     +2:44.839  1:48.200
    08. sirdave                DNF  1:50.133
    09. jas002                 DNF  1:49.980
    10. Clevohead              DNF  1:52.804

Fastest lap
    1:45.046 Stumbles01
    1:45.503 disturboed