Division 5 Season 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 4, 2014.

1. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I was surprised at the handling of the MACCA in the race compared to general practice in rooms i have opened and others that i have been in. It was the first time that i had been in a room opened by JAKO155...not sure if that had anything to do with it but i was worried going into the race that i would be going off and playing catch up but other than a couple twitchy moments i was relatively tidy
  2. bjh1012

bjh1012 Bruce Hale Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    The Macca is a strange beast it can be a good car one race & next race same day same track & it will bite you big time:)
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Unfortunately I never got to practise as much as I would've liked to.
    As expected my qualy time wasn't that great, was towards the bottom of the grid.
    Had a pretty decent getaway and managed to squeeze myself in between the 2 guys in front, but then the guy on my right started moving left and left me with nowhere to go but into the side of whoever was on my right. Did what I could to avoid taking more people out and I think most of us got through the first corner relatively unscathed.
    Sorry... I forgot to save the replay so I'm not sure who was who.

The race itself wasn't one of my best. Managed to keep the battle for third until about lap 10?
    From then on I was getting pretty sore and making a lot of mistakes which dropped me almost to the back of the grid.
    I tried to keep my head clear and minimise mistakes, but like Capa, fatigue started kicking in and copper almost managed to creep up onto my tail at the end of the race.

Congrats to BJ and the rest of the podium.
    Gonna have to step it up a bit to reign in Bruce it seems.
    Peter Wise likes this.
  4. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Oh before I forget, last race at the starting line we weren't being forced to apply brakes up to the lights turning green. I'm terrible at getting a good start but for the rest of the season should this feature be turned on?
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Yes, that's right. Forgot to mention it afterwards, but it should have been set to False Starts.
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Didn't get a lot of time to qualy (had to get kids to bed). Managed to get through the first corner without crashing or taking anyone out, however the 2nd corner got me unstuck, applied the throttle a bit early and lost the rear end, managed to catch it and start chasing everyone in front of me. I managed to stick with a couple of guys for a couple of laps then I just kept running wide or spinning off. When I did manage to get a few consistent laps in I was losing about 3 secs per lap from the leader (BJ was fast). Anyway tried getting into a rhythm raced myself pretty much for 30 laps (my fastest lap was on 30) until I started catching ranok and then capatown spun so I managed to grab 8th position. I saved the replay so I can hopefully get some tips. If anyone wants it sing out
    bjh1012 likes this.
  7. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Hey Copper...all I can suggest is turn laps or jump into a room with the guys in div 1 or 2 sit on their bonnet and learn....they don't mind helping the guys in the lower divs
    Anon666 likes this.
  8. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Thanks vardz. I plan on doing that as I need to get some practice in before the next race, Hopefully get a chance to get on tomorrow nite for a few laps
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    GUYS,

New entry has confirmed for this season. Can you please add to your friend list.

PSN is: mickdundee308 (CJC racing)

Also, has anyone heard from ToranaSS ?? Was keen as, but havent seen him for a few days... VARDZ, any idea ?

Cheers
    Stu
  10. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    INTER
    Internet provider issues...still keen to run
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks mate. Cheers.
  12. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    I think he may said he may miss a race or to but could be wrong was once last year
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    What time are you guys pulling at Laguna?
    i only just broke into the 19's. Can hit 20's fairly consistently, but I haven't been able to hold more than 5 laps together. :(
  14. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    Same mate ok if you can get a few laps in a row but if you go off :(:(:oops:
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    consistent 19 will be pretty good pace. Fast guys are doing 16s, div 2 17s.
    bjh1012 likes this.
  16. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Same, just into 19's and okay with 20's. I think I'm fine with 5 laps, but multiples of 5...nope lol
    Also haven't done it online so the human factor/mechanics will play its part come Sunday. Hmm I wonder what my best lap last week was like compared to single time trial mode. Possibly a few seconds difference o_O I'll be happy to keep low 20's come Sunday but could easily find myself in the mids.
  17. bjh1012

PSN ID
    bjh1012
    i would say if you can keep 19's to 20's you will be right mate to me is a harder track then last week
  18. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Yeah agree with the track being hard than fuji. Spent some time bonnet surfing a couple of the boys doing 16's....scary
    Peter Wise likes this.
  19. CastrosfriendChe

CastrosfriendChe Rookie

PSN ID
    CastrosfriendChe
    Damn, just got into the high 17's, doing 19's frequent enough now. Goes to show what a bit of practice can do. Was doing 21's online with a room full of idiots. I think my downfall will be tyre wear and overall stamina.
    bjh1012 and SuiCid3 like this.
  20. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Well done mate. Lots of laps is where the speed is at !