Gran Turismo 7 Regulation Settings Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2023.

1. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Or just go back to two races, a separate 5 min plus one lap qualy for both and to spice it up, different tyre compounds for each race...or make the sprint on a weather enabled track and have different weather for each race.
  2. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

Just on this - If the aim is to better promote the GT league, then there should be a way to have a better balance of the usage of the official RaceOnOz channels (i.e. Twitter/YouTube/other platforms). These channels are run by the ACC guys and used pretty much exclusively for ACC. The Twitter page hasn't been updated in 18 months and that's where you'll find a lot of GT community on social media, which is a bit of a missed opportunity. We're otherwise relying on DMs and individual drivers posting one or two things on Twitter to advertise it, if there is an official stream at all (that's for another time...).

It's totally fine for both 'sides' of Rooz to do their own thing to improve and run their championships effectively, but if left unchecked there's not going to be much of a binding RaceOnOz identity at all. We already don't use the same social media channels, don't use the same website for results, don't use the same website/app for communications... not sure what's next.

As far as I know, RaceOnOz started in 2010/11 with its Gran Turismo league and is one of the oldest continuously running league of its kind, and has/had some of the best GT drivers in the region/world competing in it. But you would really have to go digging to find this information out, as RaceOnOz itself doesn't even advertise this on most of its channels.

I don't know how expensive it is to update a forum but yes that would be nice as well.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    Noodles87, Matthyus, Viperzed and 2 others like this.
  3. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    We need a social media person. Dibs not it.
    T-GT_Racing and Rangeraus like this.
  4. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I'm absolutely on the hunt for someone passionate in social media to run our Twitter, but also get some stuff going on Facebook and Instagram. To integrate it with whatever live stream we may have is key.
  5. Noodles87

Noodles87 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Noodles8771
    I know I sound like a broken record but it would be great to promote the ROOZ GT scene on the ROOZ Discord server & YT channel. Discord server has around 400 members & the YT channel has around 670 subscribers. We need to take advantage of those numbers. Having the channels in their discord server for GT would be good. You might even get some ACC PS5 drivers join the Sunday League. Promoting the league and mostly importantly the racing and drivers on Twitter is a must. Out of all the leagues I've done on GT, ROOZ is the best for sure in terms of racing, communication, organisation & more. If possible I would love to help out.
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2024
    Kieran_B33 and Humblebeegee like this.
  6. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    Is there a way to integrate my YouTube’s for div 3 into the ROOZ personal one? Or I need some sort special permission which I would be apprehensive about.
    Use of Discord it a big help in communicating for anything in general
    Humblebeegee likes this.
  7. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Let's also not forget that we have a GT Academy winner amongst our regular competitors...
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Don't make his head any bigger than it already is :roflmao::roflmao:
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  9. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just went onto the ROOZ discord and couldn't find a #gt7-chat channel :/ surely that's a starting point?
  10. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I'd like to see a stewards report make a return outlining protests and decisions.
  11. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    In the future, if a road car is used there should be multiple tyre compounds available so it opens up more strategy options and make the tyre wear higher to promote pitting as well.
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Thoughts on a manually done double file rolling start this season? Would just take a small amount of organisation to ensure it is prepared correctly, as well as a thorough briefing.
  13. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    video explaining set up done in div 1 preQ room would be good too
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yeah I'd be pretty thorough in explaining how to organise it.
  15. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I'd be keen to trial it. Hopefully we'd be somewhat better than the some of the dodgy in-game rolling starts.
  16. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    This