Gran Turismo 7 Regulation Settings Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sunday Night' started by Viperzed, Jul 5, 2023.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Yes sir!
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    The slow first lap makes the race time too long, I think you could knock a lap off each round.
  3. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Cool, that's what we did
    Viperzed likes this.
  4. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Slow lap is up to the pole sitter, in Div 1 we had a 45:42 race time, wouldn't want to take much more off that for us. We definitely didn't race around our formation lap either.
  5. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Evening all!

In the latest teaser of the newest update for GT7, we were treated to the sight of the 2000 Honda NSX JGTC!
    [​IMG]
    Another absolute icon in GT history, and another car that will no doubt be well received when it is re introduced next month. With plenty of time to our next season, and with all of us around to purchase the car......

Would there be interest in running next season in this famed GT500 spec car??
  6. Savage_Duck_75

Savage_Duck_75 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Savage_Duck_75
    Yes
  7. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Slip streaming in qualifying, yes or no?

There have been a couple of surprisingly fast pole times thus far due to some serendipitous slip streaming. That's great for those that can take advantage of it but for the rest of us it's an uneven playing field.

I'd like us to consider leaving a gap during qualifying. In another league I have recently joined, their pre race briefing to drivers is let the car in front get a head until the info banner above the car disappears, then proceed with your quali. For the driver out first (typically the room host who gets pit bay 1, unless of course your wait till others have gone), you're essentially on a hot lap from the start to ensure a gap behind can be created.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  8. ADZA_85

ADZA_85 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ADZA_85

Its tricky, and often something i have also thought about.

What i like about having no specific rule in place, is that it gives opportunity to pick up a tenth or 2 for someone who may be off the pace, and secure a good position. It brings another layer of tactics into it. I personally make sure i don't slip stream anyone, if your close behind me i pull off to the side and get some fresh air around me.
    If you are giving someone the slip, its to there advantage and your disadvantage.

Ultimately, i think you just have to play a strategy in qualifying that suits you best, and take any opportunities as they arise..
  9. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Not necessarily something that can be policed well, and even so, there's a certain amount of strategy to picking up a tow in quali, some may choose to do it but take more pain in ditty air through corners, where others prefer to just push through with no tow.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    It doesn't always work, last season at Tokyo the gain I got from a tow in sector one was more than lost being held up through the twisty bits. At Daytona I lucked onto the tail of a very fast driver that I was just able to hold onto through the twisty bits and was given a big boost all along the staight bits. Last Sunday I wasn't close enough to get one and ended up about 1.7 off pole.
  11. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    No harder than policing running a season with no BoP and trusting everyone to comply.
  12. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Touche, But ultimately not something I'd like to snip in the bud
  13. Ozglenn

Ozglenn Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    ozglenn0513
    This car is AWESOME around Nordschleife (hint,hint)
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  14. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Isn't it just!! The other option for me now is the GTSR. Car on Comfort Softs is wicked fun, can hold a slide and is just classic low power door banging fun
  15. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    For those wanting to test the cars ahead of time, the NSX can be driven on any racing tire, it has tremendous grip and all the traction in the world. The GTSR is best driven on the Comfort Soft for that trademark slide, while the Sports Hard provides a bit more of a planted feel, a bit dull if anything.
  16. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    1.5m for the NSX.
    128K for the GTSR.
    Viperzed likes this.
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Looking like a tight turn around for next season, I had proposed both the new Honda NSX JGTC as well as the Skyline GTSR for next season, Did anyone else have any suggestions for what we could use?

Personally as much as I love those two cars, I'm marginally concerned we'd lose a few people who haven't bought them from UCD or Legends.
  18. Easyprey007

Easyprey007 Professional

PSN ID
    Easyprey007
    I personally would like to see div 4 go and reintroduce Div 4a and 4b.
  19. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Hey guys, bit of a step away from the Skyline and NSX, but I don't want to force people away again with an exclusive car. How would we feel about this?

[​IMG]

Less power than our beloved Roadster TC, but just as nimble, and importantly, just as good to race! Physics changes drop on Thursday, but how would we feel about this if it's solid?
  20. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Which car is it? standard roadster or a special?