Gran Turismo 7 Season 4 Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Feb 1, 2023.

1. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    At least you're making the tire allocation clear this time, last race I swear people ignored the tire rule.
  2. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Last round was RS and wets. Wets are only required if it rains
  3. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    There is no "tire rule" so to speak. Tire allocation is simply what you're ALLOWED to run. There will be rounds later on with required tires, it will be clear for those rounds that they are mandatory too.
  4. Matthyus

Matthyus GTLOZ Results Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Round 2 Results
    Qual
    [​IMG]
    Race Results & FL's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hatfield and leeboy910 like this.
  5. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm glad that one is out of the way, I usually do ok at RBR mini but with some weird sh*t with my right rear tire glowing blue after about 16 laps I knew to have a chance of not crashing many times at turn 3 I should pit twice. To compound things further I got myself turned around on the straight between turn 1 and 2 on lap one putting me 17 seconds behind by turn 2. Managed to keep it mostly on track, a couple of wiggles and an early spin near pit entrance to enjoy some good battles with the other tailenders and a couple of guys a lap ahead to finally get home 8th, just one place back from where I started which was a pleasant surprise. I hope there are no more tracks that penalize me for good tire life.
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  6. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Well that went differently than expected. I truly didn't expect to win this let alone be on the podium with the pace from last week joined with BT and Hat.
    Very happy to take the clean sweep.
    With that said some odd stuff happened tonight.
    I got a 3s penalty when someone was coming back on track...
    The other is driving etiquette under blue flags.
    It's not something I'm very familiar with, as it's rare for a close division to have lapped drivers.
    With that said, the general rule is for the lapped or driver under blue flags to move off the driving line and allow the leading driver through.

This is outlined in the racing rules.
    RACING RULES & REGULATIONS

I will not call anyone out nor protest any altercation.
    Just hoping to provide a learning environment for all, including myself.
    I'm aware that blue flags can appear like 1/2 a lap away, so I might add that the leading driver can announce to the blue flagged driver they are close, giving the blue flagged racer notice to find a good space to move off the racing line.

Looking forward to the Enduro round.... At a track we've not raced at..
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  7. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    What a weird race. Was happy with my quali - 2nd. Then in the race, was holding 2nd place up until about the 22nd-ish lap, where i spun out on turn 3... i knew i pushed too hard, so stuck with it. Fought back to about 4th/5th, and noticed the leaders all pitted on the 26th lap. Decided to stay out until the 29th, thinking i would have fresher tires at the end, and maybe sneak a few extra places...
    But this next set of tires was absolute :):):):)e... i was driving to preserve my tires to last longer, but by the 12th lap on these new ones - only about 20% red - they just started slipping out everywhere. i reckon the pit crew put on my qualifying tires.. My left tire had a good 60% white left in them, but they where as crappy as my first set on their 28th lap with 90% red. Spun a couple more times... had to ease into the 3rd corner every lap. Limped to the flag a lap down.

What i do find strange is, that when i was practicing during the week, i was going comfortably to the 28th lap on worn tires and still doing respectable times... but it seems like the race setup was different. That totally screwed my strategy. O well.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I was surprised how well the tyres held on. I got to the end of lap 26 fairly easily. Turn 3 was actually quite fun for me, sliding the little Suzuki through there.
    I was a bit annoyed that I got thrown back two corners after once going wide at the final turn. I got flashed back a second time when I barely had a wheel off the track which hurt.
    I still had a great time though. VR makes the racing 100 times more enjoyable!!
    Ozglenn and Kieran_B33 like this.
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    As some have known, I have been having issues with my back on top of my already present skin issues, and then to add to that I got the flu from my son yesterday so I hadn't turned a lap.
    Qualifying became my practice session and the rear was just stepping out everywhere. @Matthyus mentioned that throttle modulation was how he was dealing with it and so I tried that in the race and it was the trick I needed.
    I was similar or slower to most around most of the track, but T3 I was consistently catching guys through there. I agree with @leeboy910 that turn became very fun to slide the car through. However, it wasn't without its moments of clench!

Well done @Matthyus on an almost faultless drive (drive with more care during yellow flags ;) ) and hard luck to @Bluemoon who should've had second but was baulked by lapped traffic which allowed me to catch up at the end.

A note on the final turn reset. Div 1 guys were replay watching this exact scenario and it seems the game does this if you run wide at the final 2 turns one after the other only.
  10. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I practiced a lot and found that after about lap 17 I had to tippy toe through turn 3 at about 20 km less than normal and even then would lose it at least a couple of times. The car would just do a lazy slide off to the left, correction attempts would just throw me off the track on the other side. i would have been a hazard to others so decided the best option for me was to two stop and avoid doing more than 18 laps a stint.
  11. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    My bad for not giving way by pulling off the racing line, I’m aware of my mistake. But in the coming race on Tsukuba circuit this situation may happen again, so we just need to be mindful of the lead lap cars.
    Viperzed and Matthyus like this.
  12. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    absolutely, if you are in a position where you may be lapped, keep an eye on the blue flag marshalls as I think they come out earlier than the HUD notification.
    Being lapped can actually increase your pace in certain situations while you slip stream the leader as they go through and you can see some of their lines etc
  13. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Same thing happened to me in the 2nd set of tyres. I pitted on lap 17, fresh set, dash of fuel and off I went. But at about the 8 to 9 lap mark on the new set, lost the rear 4 laps is a row at turn 3. The left front would have been at most 10% worn!

Yet, like @btwong was able to get to lap 25 or so in practice without issue with no issues with subsequent sets of tyres. I even did some custom races to test different strategies and didn't see the issue at all.

After 4 spins in a row I parked up in the pits and went and had a cuppa and piece of rocky road that my wife makes.
    Ozglenn and Matthyus like this.
  14. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Yes, that's what I observed of the two drivers in front of me that got reset - they were wide between the 2nd and last turns and after the last turn.
  15. Kieran_B33

Kieran_B33 Professional

PSN ID
    TacticalHomework
    @Matthyus will the fastest lap charts make a comeback now? :)
    Matthyus likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I had the opposite problem. Due to some early problems I was 30 seconds behind by the time I pitted on lap 19. Due to the shortness of the track I came out a lap down among the 5th 6th 7th battle and on my new tires they were holding me up. I had to pick my way carefully and back out of a number of oportunities.
  17. Matthyus

PSN ID
    Johnnoclint
    Absolutely!!
    Hoping to revamp them a bit too :)
    Trying to work out how to do angled cells in Excel, to make it look a bit modern.
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  18. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I'm sorry that you got turned around, though you were pushing in while rejoining after leaving the track.

The winds did change slightly in the later half of the race and that caused more issues for me in Turns 3/4 after lap 40.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I'm sorry that you got turned around, though you were pushing in while rejoining after leaving the track.
    The winds did change slightly in the later half of the race and that caused more issues for me in Turns 3/4 after lap 40.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know it wasn't intentional. I thought I was clear but the little overlap was all it took to turn me into fence , all good. I've got my fingers crossed to try and keep out of trouble for the remaining races.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  20. UrsineSaturn9

UrsineSaturn9 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    UrsineSaturn9
    Just hold the camera crooked when you take a photo of the screen ;)