Gran Turismo 7 Season 5(0) Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Viperzed, Apr 21, 2023.

1. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    OP Updated with lap counts
  2. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Lucky PD implemented the radar feature. Takes a lot of the randomness out, if nobody sees the rain on the radar until halfway through the lap, i doubt anyone would've pitted for wets the lap before
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  3. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

I was out cutting laps with ozglenn when this came through. I think it was hard to pick how bad it was when I first saw it show up. I wondered if it was going to be a quick passing rain or not, but either a lap or half a lap later (I forget) we were drenched with no sign of it easing and the car was sliding all over the place. Not 100% sure I could've avoided being stuck out on slicks unless I took a really super early chance at the first sight of it and pitted.

I guess it'll make for a very interesting race should something like that happen. If it's random we could be up for anything...
    Dash_Vanguard likes this.
  4. T-GT_Racing

T-GT_Racing Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    T-GT_Racing
    It'll definitely be interesting come Nurb. Don't want to miss that pitstop!
  5. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I too am still learning when it comes to the radar system. When doing some testing with @Noodles87 @Rangeraus and @xlxy90 it came over rather quickly and we made the gamble to stay out an extra lap and my god did it not work. Lesson learnt that night.
    Mirkz2010 and Dash_Vanguard like this.
  6. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    Imma use your learning, and make it my own.
  7. Aiko_Mac

Aiko_Mac Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiko_mac
    I practiced on all tyres and the wear being on x5 is too high, we should have it on x3.
  8. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Appreciate you testing, would you mind diving into why it is too high? I tested with 3 other drivers with multiple different settings earlier this week and we were happy with what we found on 5x.
  9. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    Don't forget as a controller user your tyres will wear at a greater rate than wheel users. A disadvantage you unfortunately.
  10. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I did some running the other night at Autopolis (wheel user) and could comfortably make it to half distance on a set of RM.
    RS would be difficult, nigh on impossible, to make it work on one stop, so you'd be forced to either try and conserve on a one stop with RS then RM, or make two stops and run RS over three stints.
    Some tyre whisperers may be able to coax more life out of them, but that was my experience.
    Viperzed likes this.
  11. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

You've got much better control of your tyres than me!
    I found my front left was getting hammered quite quickly (almost as fast as RS).
  12. HighStakes123

HighStakes123 Rookie

no you didnt
  13. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    :roflmao::roflmao:
  14. Beats143

Beats143 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Beats143
    To explain. Try smaller inputs.
  15. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Again, if he is on controller (which it's my understanding that he is) he has no choice. I'd also like the wear lowered as I use a G29 in a field of drivers with high end wheels, however I can see how 5x wear will be good for the level of strategy we are trying to achieve. Can't please everyone :whistling:
  16. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    the answer is out there neo
    UrsineSaturn9 likes this.
  17. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    I am looking at dropping it to maybe 4x post Autopolis but will monitor how all divs go!
    T-GT_Racing likes this.
  18. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    Would hate to see some of you driving in the real world. if it rains slow down and drive to the conditions, quite simple really cant expect to do the same lap times when its raining.
    As for game tyre ware settings, they are what they are and we all have to drive to it . if you chew your tyres well maybe look at the way you dive and not blame the settings. We all have to cope with the same settings so suck it up and move on. See you on track.
  19. Rangeraus

Rangeraus Team Driver Gold Member

The random weather should be an interesting variable in a lot of these tracks too
    Noodles87 and Viperzed like this.
  20. Viperzed

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    A reminder to all divs that your lobby should be set to qualifying mode to allow drivers to change tires before the race begins. This session should be set with Tire wear OFF, and Fuel wear as per the race setting. Thanks!
    T-GT_Racing likes this.