GT7 Season 3 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    We will be turning damage to off for this season
  2. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    Not a Fan, and don't agree, leave the damage on. but agree with the comment that we should have ghosting and that would prevent a bit of the tangle that happen due to another incident. but saying that the game is too sensitive but by the sound of it so are the drivers. To me, if this happens yes it's frustrating but it's a racing incident and many real drivers have not had the success they deserve just because of other drivers' poor judgment. Sim racing has more drivers with poor judgment as it doesn't cost real money to hurt a car or personal injury.
    With ACC damage you need to pit to get it fixed. and it makes drivers a bit more accountable and drive more sensible in races. this is true for the P1 moto group i ran in last year as well full damage on in GTsport, At least with this, you get on your way again at full pace without the pit stop after the repairs time out.
    Dybo likes this.
  3. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    I agree, however this isn't ACC. I just did a heavy damage Bathurst 1000 in GT500 cars last weekend, and as @Viperzed can attest it was constant pain. Faint contact with the wall would give damage, oftentimes you literally wouldn't hear or feel the car even hit the wall. It's too sensitive, and for what Sunday league is it isn't fit for purpose in its current state. If the coming update reverts the damage to a more lenient model then I will be the first to advocate for damage to be turned back on.
    Kieran_B33, Dybo and leeboy910 like this.
  4. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    Same. I can live with damage if I've made a proper error and hit a wall or whatever.
    A slight graze on a wall should not be penalised with bent steering for 20 seconds or whatever it is. Most road and/or race cars can handle a slight whiff on a wall, even something as fragile as an F1 car.
    I also think we should have the ghosting.

You said it yourself, just not in so many words. This is sim racing, not real life racing.
    We're here for the fun factor with a bit of realism thrown in, not to face the frustrations that real racing provides.
    That's my view anyway.
    Kieran_B33 and Dybo like this.
  5. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

I think you're missing the point. This is a discussion around Div 3 specifically (we honestly could care less about what the higher divs do and whether you keep damage model or not). For many of us in this division we don't spend hours practicing during the week. Some members just commit to show up on race night, cut some laps and enjoy some friendly competition and banter along the way.

Div 1 + 2 might be different here in that regard in that it's more competitive/serious and that's fine. What I think what Dybo is getting at though is that the lowest Div here has always (at least this year with GT7) been primarily for the fun and social aspect of it. Having it ruined because of the way the game is currently set up doesn't make it fun which means as the season goes on there's less and less incentive to show up (see Div 1 drop offs for example) because you think it might just turn into another crap night.

Rooz is a fairly small community in the grand scheme of things already without having it split into the various racing games/platforms/divisions, so I think having people have some fun particularly in the lower/lowest division/s (especially if they're just getting their feet wet in sim racing) is the way to go to keep them around and engaged.
    We all want to go fast and be crowned the winner, but some of us want to have fun along the way doing it.
    Dybo likes this.
  6. boneslightning

boneslightning Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    BritzLightning55
    Actually nailed the point i was intending but sorry i did not say that i thought. the no damage would be good in the lower div.
    After starting in div 5 with Rooz i do understand the direction you are coming from. i can just see the higher ranked faster drivers taking advantage of this no damage on race night.
    Kieran_B33, Dybo and Mirkz2010 like this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I'd already discussed this with some div 1 drivers and the main issue for me is that if someone is lagging slightly back and forth like we've seen, then they can cause damage for you just through lagging and you're then even more disadvantaged with the damage model the way it is
    Dybo likes this.
  8. Tony4Fingerz

Tony4Fingerz Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    TonyFourFingerz
    I’ll go with the majority, but personally I’d prefer damage on… even heavy damage so a pit is needed to repair. It makes you a lot more careful etc
    I know the damage currently isn’t great when you just have to look at the curb and ya stealing goes!
    I really hope a lack of damage doesn’t result in reckless driving.
    Dybo and Mirkz2010 like this.
  9. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Yeah, might be different for the higher ranks as it does get into a lot closer racing and so on and those drivers are usually more in tune with the games they play and what can and can't be gotten away with.

I agree that I'd generally prefer the damage to be on, however in it's current state it's just too aggressive. We run a 'light' damage model for the races yet if you even slightly rub a wall or something you can drive away with the wonky steering as you mentioned, which isn't reflective of reality in my opinion. If you gave it a good nudge, sure I agree, penalise it with the busted steering but a slight rub should never do that.
    I'd be completely for putting the damage back in place if people started to abuse it during races by being more reckless but I certainly think it's worth giving it a go without it on (at least until PD fix/adjust the damage model).
    Dybo and CaptainRisky21 like this.
  10. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    I am with majority as well. I don’t mind the damage on, as i think it does make u a more careful driver and will make you better for it. BUT considering this leaguer is about having a good fun race on a Sunday night - with no rammers and dickheads - fun thumps an extra bit of realism for the sake of everyone enjoying themselves.

my $0.02
    Dybo likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP updated with:
    required tyre N/A
    damage off
    track lap counts
    swapped sardegna and watkins as sprint round
    Dybo likes this.
  12. Viperzed

Viperzed GT7 League Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Viperzed
    Round 1: Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse - Custom Weather Random
    - Dawn 8x Variable Time - 24 Laps - 23/10

[​IMG]

WELCOME to Season 3 for Gran Turismo 7!!
    As always please take a couple minutes to read the following so you have an understanding of what is expected on race night.
    If you have any questions, or want clarification on any of the rules or regulations please ask!

ROOM OPEN :
    Room captains may have practice rooms open beforehand but should have the official room up by 8pm AEST. Please be on time, or let the room captain or div thread know if you may be late. If all agree, the room may wait for you, Within reason. Please remember we have drivers from NZ, and later starts mean a much later night for them.

SIGHT ISSUES:
    Before qualifying, exit to lobby and spend 30 seconds in spectate mode, scroll through the list of drivers on track and make sure that you can see their car. If you can't see somebody (and they are confirmed as being on track), exit the lobby, re-join, and check again.Type the number of cars you can see in the lobby chat and cross check with other drivers to ensure clarity.

QUALIFYING : 8:20 pm AEDT for 10 mins.
    Feel free to run practice laps prior to qualifying, The host will trigger a 'Room Reset' closer to the commencement of Qualifying.
    Once 10 mins of session time has elapsed, finish the lap you are on and stop the car off the circuit somewhere near the start of the lap.

PITS ARE OPEN DURING QUALIFYING

RACE START TIME : 8:30 AEDT

LAG ISSUES / ROOM RESTARTS :
    This is up to the room host/captains. If there is a Disconnection (or cars stuck on grid) at race start, it is sporting to try to get them back in, which may mean a new room to be set up. I would suggest only having 1 restart if required due to DSC, due to having to set up the room from scratch and also having to set timed laps in order to set the grid. Please be as reasonable as you can with this....

TURN 1 LAP 1 :
    The old saying goes, you can’t win the race on lap 1, but you can definitely lose it. Please be mindful of other drivers on lap 1 coming into turn 1, and for that matter, the entire race. It can be very demoralizing to hot lap on your own for 45 minutes as I'm sure many of you are aware.

TRACK LIMITS :
    As we are running with 'track limit penalties" OFF, we will run with our usual Raceonoz track limit regulations. This means you MUST have at least 2 wheels on the ripple strip OR white line that defines the track limit. If you do make a mistake and have to run outside the limits, be aware that you are not allowed to gain any advantage, position or time wise. Track Limits protests may be launched by any active driver in the race.

Track Limits will be monitored at Turns 1-4 and 13-15.

Is to be avoided at all times..... If you make contact with someone and gain an advantage, YOU ARE EXPECTED to give the spot back. Occasionally, Gran Turismo track limits may teleport a disadvantaged driver backwards on circuit to ‘reset’ them, if this occurs at the hand of another driver, IT IS EXPECTED that the driver at fault will wait and redress the position.
    Side by side 'rubbing' is racing is allowed and promoted within reason, but all drivers are expected to give racing room. For clarity surrounding racing room, please feel free to PM @Viperzed
    Show each other RESPECT! It is difficult enough to drive the car at the limit on your own, without someone squeezing you within a millimeter of the grass.
    So be patient and show respect to your fellow drivers.
    If you are redressing contact, please do so out of the way of other cars, off the racing line, or if there isn't much room, off track.

PIT ENTRY/EXIT LINES :
    Pit Line Penalties are ON so you will be penalised in game if you cut any part of the entry or exit lines. Please be aware of cars entering T3.

BLUE FLAGS :
    Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS :
    This season the steward will be @Viperzed. If you have reason to protest, please SAVE YOUR REPLAY, and then let him know via a PM.
    DO NOT BLOW UP IN THE FORUM OR IN THE ROOM CHAT. There have been multiple incidents where the replays from drivers have been different, so its true that sometimes things are not as black and white as they may seem. You have until MIDNIGHT, Monday night to register your protest via PM. Stewards may ask for video evidence from both drivers or room captains to make any decision.

SAVE YOUR REPLAY :
    If the room host can ask all drivers to save their replay would be good before exiting the room.....once they exit out and the option goes, it cant be retrieved!

PARKING UP :
    If you are unable to continue to race, please enter the pits and leave your game paused without selecting tyres so that your car stays parked in the pits. Parking up off track activates yellow flags in the sector, and even though penalties are off, we have reports of penalties occurring for passes happening near the parked car. Quitting off track results in a sometimes race ending lag spike and may be punished in extreme scenarios.

ATTENDANCE:
    Could all drivers please inform Room Captains or make a post on the division thread if they do not intend on racing on Sunday night, Room Captains/ Lobby Hosts are advised not to wait for anyone who has not communicated their intentions. If you do not post in your room thread or psn chat that you cannot attend, a spot may not be held for you for the following weeks race.

TRACK SPECIFIC - Trial Mountain Reverse

An awkward track to manage, Trial Mountail Reverse provides some good overtaking opportunities however few corners to comfortably go side by side through. Care must be taken in a battle to ensure you leave room for the other car, ESPECIALLY ON CORNER EXIT. Please be mindful of track limits especially in the final sector, they are easily exploitable prior to the final corner and if reported, will be dealt with harshly.
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    Dybo likes this.
  13. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    Update: looks like the damage model has been made more lenient. If anyone can do some testing i reckon it can go back to light damage
    Dybo, btwong and Kieran_B33 like this.
  14. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    agree
  15. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey guys, sorry to bomb the thread...
    Anyone who ordered apparel, the shop front is now up for you to place your order....
    Please check your order post and ONLY ORDER WHAT YOU INTENDED FROM THAT INITIAL ORDER !
    You can check your order in the threads OP where i have listed names and the size you nominated.
    https://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?forums/apparel.59/
    Any problems please let me know.

ALSO, SELBY have generously donated a $500 gift card as a prize for all drivers eligible at seasons end. As always, we will have a cross platform draw at the end of the year to determine the winner
    Have a great season guys
    [​IMG]
    Dybo, Tony4Fingerz and Mirkz2010 like this.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Updated OP
    Mechanical Damage: Light
    The latest update reduced this back to what it was originally
    Also make sure to get the update done before tomorrow night
    Tony4Fingerz, btwong and Dybo like this.
  17. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    Round 1 thoughts.
    Sorry, I wasn't chatting. I couldn't find the party to join. Might need to be reinvited to it next time.
    Was really happy with my qualifying time. Got a 1:54.?? which was faster than any of my practice laps. I think I qualified 5th or 6th maybe, which is good for me. Unfortunately, I got knocked into a wall on turn 2 of the race which sent me to 9th from memory.
    The annoying thing about that was, I got hit from behind because I obviously braked more than expected. That's because I was trying to not hit the dude infront of me,
    Had a fun battle with a couple of guys and got back into 6th I think and then hit a wall, back to 9th. Got up to 8th again.
    I would've held 8th, maybe got 7th but my fuel was 1 lap short. I found that strange because on full tanks, my last one didn't last as long as earlier.

On the whole, I like the car. I didn't spin out once on TC-0. I was in complete control of my car except for getting stuffed up at the start and hitting a wall later. I did feel good about my speed though. I was catching up to guys and actually passed a couple. I'm not used to passing, I'm usually getting passed. lol
    I was really happy with how much I didn't hit guys I was passing, there were many moments I had to slow down to wait for a better spot.
    Matthyus and Steve Neilson like this.
  18. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I might've cried. Seeing one of my favourite bands play songs I've been listening to for 20 years was overwhelming.
  19. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Strangely enough, you weren't showing as moving to most of the drivers I don't think.
    At least quite a few of us in party chat saw your car as stationary sitting on the line for half the race. Was really weird.

Wasn't really impressed with last night's race myself.
    My times were a bit all over the shop, had a big spin early on onto the final straight due to trying to push too hard to make up time after being nudged off the racing line a few corners before. Wasn't able to find a groove for a few laps after, made up a couple places over the course of the race. Had another one or two slight offs later on trying to find faster lines to catch Fezza which undid the progress I was slowly making.
    FL for me ended up happening 2nd last lap I think, but only low 1:54s. SirDids and btwong had some blistering pace, I think I saw Dids in the 1:51's ?
    Matthyus likes this.
  20. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

I've added you into the party, let me know if you've any issues.
    Thefat111 and Matthyus like this.