GT7 Season 3 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Oct 13, 2022.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    League rules and regs : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/racing-rules-regulations.70/
    Good Racecraft guide : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/the-good-racecraft-guide-rooz-racing-ettiquette.419/
    Protest procedure : http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/procedure-for-post-race-complaints-or-protests.193/

Start Date : Meet n Greet 16/10
    Car : Volkswagen GTI Supersport VGT
    (BOP on/Tuning Prohibited will auto-bop the car)
    Tuning: Prohibited
    Tyre Wear : x3
    Tyres Available : Racing Hards
    Tyres REQUIRED : N/A
    Fuel Depletion : x2
    Initial Fuel : 100%
    Qualifying regs : 10 mins (Practice Mode)
    Start Time : Qualifying 8:20 AEDST Race Start 8:30 AEDST (Round 3 starts 30mins earlier)

Track list (event date)
    Round 1: Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse - Custom Weather Random
    - Dawn 8x Variable Time - 24 Laps - 23/10
    Round 2: Sardegna A - S04 Weather
    - Afternoon Equal Conditions - 27 Laps - 30/10
    Round 3: Nürburgring 24h - Custom Weather Random (Slot 1 weather S06)
    - Afternoon 11x Variable Time - 10 Laps - 6/11 (Enduro Round)
    Round 4: Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya GP No Chicane - Custom Weather Random
    - Early Morning 6x Variable Time - 26 Laps - 13/11
    Round 5: Watkins Glen Short Course - Custom Weather Random
    - Dawn 6x Variable Time - 2x 20 Laps - 20/11 (Sprint Round)
    Round 6: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca - Custom Weather Random
    - Afternoon 3x Variable Time - 32 Laps - 27/11
    Round 7: Suzuka Circuit - Custom Weather Random
    - Sunrise 8x Variable Time - 22 Laps - 4/12 (Retro Round)

Room Settings:
    Room Mode: Practice/Race
    Room Privacy: Friends Only
    Room Name: RaceOnOz S# Div# Rnd#
    Race Type: Race for Real
    Max Number of Participants: 16
    Track: See Above
    Number of laps: See Above
    Weather Selection Method: See Above
    Preset Weather: See Above
    Time of the Day: See Above
    Variable Time Speed Rate: See Above
    Surface Water at Start: 0% (Unless set differently with weather - above)
    Start Type: Grid Start with False Start Check
    Grid Order: Fastest First
    BoP/Tuning Forbidden: On
    Tuning: Prohibited
    Boost: Off
    Slipstream Strength: Real
    Visible Damage: Off
    Mechanical Damage: Light
    Tyre wear rate: x3
    Fuel Consumption Rate: x2
    Refuelling Speed: 10 Litre/sec
    Initial Fuel: Default
    Grip Reduction Off Track: Real
    Race Finish Delay: 180 sec
    Nitro/Overtaking System Usage Time Multiplier: Default
    Filter By Category: N/A
    PP Limit: (No need to set as bop is on and will auto set the hp/kg of the car)
    Max Power Output: (No need to set as bop is on and will auto set the hp/kg of the car)
    Minimum Weight: (No need to set as bop is on and will auto set the hp/kg of the car)
    Tyre Type: Racing
    Useable Tyres: Racing Hards
    Required Tyres: N/A
    Nitro: Cannot be Fitted
    Kart Usage: Off
    Shortcut Penalty: None
    Wall Collision Penalty: None
    Correct Vehicle Course After Wall Collision: Off
    Car Collision Penalty: Off
    Pit Lane Line Cutting Penalty: On
    Ghosting During Race: None
    Flag Rules: On
    Countersteering Assistance: Prohibited
    Active Stability Management: Prohibited
    Driving Line Assist: No Limit
    Traction Control: No Limit
    ABS: No Limit
    Auto-Drive: Prohibited

Room Host : @Dybo
    Back Up Host : @Mirkz2010 @btwong
    Room Captain/s : @Dybo @Mirkz2010
    Drivers List: Can change post MnG
    1. @Mirkz2010
    2. @Tony4Fingerz
    3. @fezza
    4. @Thefat11
    5. @scottb721
    6. @btwong
    7. @Dybo
    8. @SirDids72
    9. @BigNorm106
    10. @Easyprey007 (reserve)
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    Mirkz2010 likes this.
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Hosts/Captains volunteers please?
    Dybo likes this.
  3. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Happy to back up Host.
    (not sure if PS4 has issues with hosting or not so don't want to be primary just in case).
  4. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    thx, hopefully @Dybo can continue the awesome job he does hosting this season
    Dybo and Easyprey007 like this.
  5. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    Happy to be the PS5 backup.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  6. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    OP updated
    x3 Tyre wear
    x2 Fuel wear
    10L/s refuel rate
    Dybo likes this.
  7. Thefat111

Thefat111 Rookie

PSN ID
    Thefat11
    I can't join tonight. I'm going to a concert for the first time in 15 years.
    The Darkness!
    Ian Cannan and Steve Neilson like this.
  8. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    Awesomeness :cool:
  9. btwong

btwong Rookie

PSN ID
    btwong10
    Do you believe in a thing called love?
    Steve Neilson likes this.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Meet n greet tonight will be a chance to test connections between players, and also if hosts are reliable connection-wise.
    Please also check your pace to the rest of your division and after tonight suggest any drivers you think should go up or down a division
    5 lap races at each circuit should suffice (and 1 lap for Nürburgring)

We are also in need of a team captain for ICR. If you are interested please let me know. Even if you are interested but not confident, I and the other team captains will assist you through the whole process.
    Dybo likes this.
  11. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    Yeah no worries
    Easyprey007 and Hatfield like this.
  12. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Good job @Dybo with hosting and for all who attending. Racing was clean for the most part, though I think there may have been a couple of knocks/taps that sent people flying without correction so we need to stay vigilant with that.

Car is actually a bit of fun to drive, really wasn't expecting much and wasn't overly looking forward to having to race it. Glad I was wrong. Not so sure of the Racing Hards though, feel like it could use some Mediums at least. Also not too sure of the tyre wear and whether this is high enough ?
    Anyone else got some thoughts ?
    Dybo likes this.
  13. CaptainRisky21

CaptainRisky21 World Champion Gold Member

PSN ID
    CaptainRisky21
    From what i saw/felt, mediums would be like driving on rails, yes they'd probably help rid the car of the chronic understeer it has on hards but you wouldn't be able to spin the wheels at all.

Tyre wear was alright i thought, by the end of our Nürburgring lap the fronts were showing a fair bit of wear
    Dybo likes this.
  14. T F Eccles

T F Eccles Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    tfeccles
    I've done a few practice races at Trial Mtn Rev, 7 to 8 lappers using our settings. At the end of the 7 laps you've got just under 50% fuel remaining and the fronts are ~25% worn. Lapping in the 1:53, 1:54 range would be about 22, 23 laps for a race. You might stretch the tyres the full distance but not the fuel, so at least a pit will be required at which point you may choose to change tyres.
    Dybo and boneslightning like this.
  15. Dybo

Dybo Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    GQPatrolWagon
    Hey guys
    As some of you will know, I don't spend a huge (any?) time practicing and generally just turn up on a Sunday night. I've always been in the bottom division, which has been fine by me as I'm only there for a bit of fun. Unfortunately, the recent changes to the mechanical damage are making this game less fun for me - so much so that I fear I won't last too long unless something changes.

Last night was a good example. We were on Sardegna A, a track I know reasonably well. I was going ok, I think in third or fourth out of six or seven (can't remember how many were left at that point). I was closely following Fezza and had a bit of speed on him going through the esses towards the end of the lap. He went wide and crashed into the barrier, bouncing back onto the track and into my line (possibly straightening him up). Next thing I'm in the fence on the other side of the track with as much damage as you can have (front, rear and engine). My wheel spun in my hands and I'm frantically trying to get reverse to back away from the fence, but instead was pulling the wrong lever and going up in gears. In the meantime, everyone else has come past and disappeared into the distance. By the time I've turned around and peddled along waiting for the engine damage to disappear I'm 25 seconds behind second last and the race was completely ruined for me. Yes, Fezza could have waited for me, but if he didn't have engine damage from hitting the armco he would still have been able to pass again and then disappear into the distance. Not that i'm having a go at Fezza, it was only a practice race, I'm more upset with the game. The penalty for damage is too much.

Too bad so sad, I know. But this was not the first time that this has happened (not with Fezza, just generally) and it is really annoying me. While I don't expect to win, I'd like the opportunity to compete at least until I stuff it up by myself.

So, what would I like to see happen? I guess I would like our division to turn off mechanical damage. We generally have clean racing, contact is usually only by mistake rather than deliberate (which I think that the damage mode is trying to prevent). I would also like to turn on weak ghosting. Not sure what other people think, but I would hope that this would bring back some of the fun for me. Love to hear your thoughts.
    Mirkz2010, Peersy and Matthyus like this.
  16. Steve Neilson

Steve Neilson Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Steve_73_GOOF
    yes, but it's only a feeling.......
  17. Peersy

Peersy Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    peersy_23
    Sorry to hear about that mate, I totally understand and support this idea.
    I can't see any reason not to adjust to your ideas for the lower div.
    Try for round 1 I say, if it becomes an advantage for others, then i'm sure we can address the situation.
    Dybo likes this.
  18. Mirkz2010

Mirkz2010 Rookie

Sorry to hear about that race (can't recall if I was there for that particular one, but I know there was a similar issue earlier in the night in the first few races).

As we and other discussed over party chat early on the night I'm with you in that we do this for fun. It's good to catch up with everyone every week and belt around the track. The damage model is certainly excessive in it's current form and I agree that we should give it a crack with mechanical damaged turned off.
    Usually if one of us go off we lose enough time just trying to get back onto the track let alone copping a 30 second penalty waiting for the damn engine/wheels to come back online properly.

Happy to run the season with modified settings to better suit everyone in the division and make it a more enjoyable experience for all, should everyone(majority?) agree.
    Dybo likes this.
  19. Aiden_1120

Aiden_1120 Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Aiden_1120 (A.OCallaghan)
    I just say we get rid of damage altogether in one of the races I bump-drafted someone, I didn't hit them hard at all but as soon as I made contact with the bump draft I got steering damage and bumper damage and I just couldn't drive in the following corners
    Dybo and Kieran_B33 like this.
  20. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'd be happy with damage off. Ruined a couple of races for me last season and I don't think anyone within our ranks would use a lack of damage to their advantage to wall ride or anything like that.
    It's pretty silly when a slight whiff of a wall completely destroys the steering and then magically repairs itself. It's just a fabricated penalty designed to stop people wall riding in my opinion.
    If we wanted actual mechanical damage, it wouldn't be able to repair itself and would require a pit stop at least!
    Dybo, Kieran_B33 and Aiden_1120 like this.