GT5 ROOZ CELEBRATORY 2nd bday, 10th season Event

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by beannie84, Feb 2, 2013.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Thanks mate, I still have some homework to do though, buying the ones outside of that. Cheers
  2. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    2 easy mate, cool as..
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Really? I thought I still remember using the G37 from the recommended garage, I started in s4 in the McLaren, will be good to finally try and get a handle on that car, that was my div3 backmarker season lol
  4. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    X4rotorsploxX S.Leonheart (GT6)
    So with regards to the Super GT GTR. Are we running any 5 of the models? Or is it one specific. I wasn't around for that season, wish I was though!!!!.

And looks like I have to buy some Chev's :8
  5. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    i think you are right mate.. you should listen to me i'm affected by lead :lol:
  6. aussie_man21

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    no mate only the Calsonic, yellowhat & XANAVI (i think thats how its spelt)
    these 3 cars had better PP and handling..

Just pick 1 of those and you should be set..
  7. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Ah thanks for clarifying mate. Will buy a Calsonic then I should be getting closer to having all Super GT cars, except those smelly Lexii
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

dont forget if you are only just buying the cars, then you will have to run them in quite a bit.
    im not sure how we go about this as there are a few who may have only been here one or two seasons and they will still have a few cars to run in, which is multiplied by 300kms (thats the run-in distance right?).
    unless we limit the PP to stock, so that way people wont have to worry about running in too many cars, bit of a bother for so many quick races.
  9. X4rotorsploxX

X4rotorsploxX Rookie

PSN ID
    Mm thanks Zampli. My FD rx7 only ended up with 301 Hp for the race. I'll probably end up just getting lazy and running in the cars I will enjoy ;p
  10. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I wouldn't be too worried about missing the last few hp though, you probably lose 1-2 tenth at best, and as long as you change your oil before the race it should close the hp gap as you run.
  11. zampli

zampli Team Driver

but its more than a few hp if comparing from near stock to fully run in. its worth quite a lot of time as well (relatively speaking in tenths, maybe a second at best), i think it would be better if we did run it at stock PP so people dont have to worry, otherwise its quite a few cars to run in if you dont have them all.
  12. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    The first oil change is the majority of the power gain the last 5% is the run in.

So if you go:

Buy Car > do oil change > run in as much as possible 300kms being the perfect amount > then 2nd oil change, you got most if not all the power gain.

At grand valley i was only 4 tenths off my best on a 460pp recomended rx7, with just the first oil change it would of been 2 at best tbh.
  13. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    wish there was such a thing in iracing as 'running it in' then atleast i may have an excuse for lack of pace... D'oh oh alas there isnt but atleast i was only 1sec off neishy this week and level pegging with bones LOL
  14. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Well, have spent whatever money I had buying all those cars needed for the event + cart for Clevo's series (minus the ones available in the suggested garage). Not too concerned on the small loss of PP as I'm not as quick to get every sec out of the car. Will try to drive them all to get a feel and enjoy the races.
  15. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    Same as the Nascar thing, sorry for being so slow on this, can you please count me in
    Cheers
  16. beannie84

beannie84 Rookie

PSN ID
    beannie84
    i dont think keeping it to recommended garage is ideal - i'd like to use everyones own car (run in or not) so we can personalise them with paint / wheels etc.

tuning will be prohibited of course.

eg - as per s10 car, all the cars i bought are white.

obviously it would be better to run the cars in, but remember this is just a 20min fun sprint series with no prize at the end :) it's a bit of historic fun :)

P.S. none of mine are run in, i may decide to do a couple but for a 20min race, i'd have to race it for about an hour or more. it's a lot of preparation :)
  17. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    +1
  18. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    i'm in for this one guys :) sorry for the late reply
  19. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
  20. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Looking at the track list I would swap the GT-86 round from Madrid to gver and in the g37 round swap Suzuka for monza, I only say this because the grand valley round in the 86 was one of the best races ever ! And the madrid round wasn't that good due to it being berry difficult to pass. And with the g37 it is a car that is very under steery and Suzuka punishes cars with under steer due to the long corners. Just my 2c .