Season 10 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Tonight was very frustrating however i refuse to place the blame onto a single individual i mainly blame this :):):):)ty game and its :):):):)ty connections i even had problems getting into the room initially.
    After going through 3 rooms and heaps of people coming in and out of the rooms we eventually qualified i ended up 6th i think i couldn't see certain people on the track.
    Started the race 9th #logic and the start of the race was like watching everybody inside a bumper car arena half the field crashed in the first 2 corners.
    I then came onto the back of Apex and i kept thinking to myself "If you bump this bastard i'll be protested for sure" so i drove so slow behind him and then bang my connection died not feeling to bad though everyone else had the same issues.

I also have no issue stating after tonight this will be my final series of gt6. It's something i've though about since the start of the season that i've played this game since late 2013 constantly as my racing "sim" and i want to try something different so most likely i'll upgrade to ps4 and give f1 2016 and project cars a go but i will return for gt sport where i hope a lot of these little issues are sorted out.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  2. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Project cars is currently $26 on the PS4 store.....o_O
  3. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    If you could race wheel to wheel in pCARS without being ever fearful of that contact bug resulting in weird as heck behaviour (and usually two drivers leaving the track) it would be significantly better off.
    Save us Assetto Corsa?
    JonoStan96 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    In division 2, we started qualifying at 820 after checking that all drivers could see each other. Adronaught joined while we were qualifying and he was informed (as we were still on out lap) to hurry and get his lap in)

Basically, sight of all other drivers needs to be sorted out before anything else. You can always postpone a round, or start a race if there is only 1 or 2 sight issues (like 2 drivers not being able to see each other, or only 1 driver missing another if they are normally at different pace levels)

@warrior2167 as the room captain, what is happening with last night? results stand or postpone until after round 7?

Also, can anyone else host if @Crunch is away?
  5. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    After slowing to avoid hitting others in first few corners motor moved up behind and along side me, I was expecting a divebomb like last race. I took outside lane into corner came out ahead and motor stacked on next corner trying to keep up with me. Did you stack because you were going too slow or too fast? You exited after stacking, check replay if you have forgotten. I did not put protest in against you last race motor, stewards did, drop the bone.
    P.S. I have a father still, so not a bastard.:giggle:
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Watto64 likes this.
  6. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    To be honest I have to say that the results will not count and the race should be postponed.

The room was ready to go at 8:40 but crunch froze in the race settings screen. 2nd room was also stuffed, running way over time time now, we had to start with what we had in the 3rd room and hope for the best.

My patience with GT6 has hit an all time low, honestly I don't wan't to do a season 11.
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  7. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Someone please take hosting duties off my hands, so that I can just relax during these races.
    I disagree, respectfully. Everything I'm saying needs to be labelled as 'respectful', because everyone here is a fair dinkum top bloke and wonderful people and I know this.

I disagree, because otherwise this issue doesn't get taken seriously. A lot of commentary was going to get thrown around, probably talking about how Crunch is a terrible host, and I've been trying to do my best. I've identified to the forum from my experience where I think the issue is coming from, and that's that.

---
    Please, if someone has a better internet speed than I do, just take the hosting duties. I solely just want to help out the ROOZ community.

[​IMG]

So long as the ROOZ philosophy is to make sure every car can see each other, which I think is a virtuous and correct way of going about it, there should be a great onus to make sure your net can stack up when we can't get functioning races going. People can remain indignant if we eventually get races going, but it's reached a tipping point here with this. Rooms are being held hostage by people with extreme packet loss, most likely caused by using WiFi.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So that will be the official call. Race will be re-run on 11/9
    Crunch likes this.
  9. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
    @Crunch
    I can try even though my speeds are much much worse. No one thinks your a 'bad' host. You're not doing anything wrong and are being let down by the game. The other option we could try as @its-benny-racer stated is to try a fixed connection.
  10. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Crunch
    @Bluemoon runs a fixed room for division 3 and I think he has similar speeds to you crunch.
  11. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Hey Moto - you whacked me first but I am guessing both you and Apex could not see me on track because apex also bumped me...Bryan, sorry for the touch in turn 1 & 2 - but I backed off out of turn 2 to redress.....
  12. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

Ni
    Nice try champ....I see two track limit white lines in your screenshot...love your competitive streak Bryan..for the record you can still take this corner flat out whilst staying within ROOZ track limit guidelines....
  13. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I never even crossed that line with my outside wheels, maybe that is why I'm in division 3.:eek:
  14. BMWF30328

BMWF30328 Rookie

ye
    Race started Hat but basically within the first 7-8 corners 3-5 people had bailed because people could not see others...It was 9:10 pm roughly by this stage so bailing due to the late start combined with room issues was most likely the reason...I qualified 3rd but got shunted by Apex and Moto in first few corners but I have to think it was because they did not see me on track. It screwed my race but I persevered until 9:30 but by that stage it appeared on my screen there were only 5 entrants...so I bailed too as I was annoyed that my race again got decided by events beyond my control,,accidentally or otherwise...
  15. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    No I couldn't see you BMW, didn't "feel you" either. I kept racing only because I felt like a drive after all the frustration caused by the lobby, which is no longer serviced, can anyone remember the last update for GT6?
  16. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Based on all recent accounts, it usually takes 20 minutes or more to get a room stable for qually. So given that the aim is to start qually at 8:20, people need to be there and begin to work towards a stable room at 8pm.

Joining on or just before 8:20 pretty much ensures we won't be starting on time. I would propose that in order to qualify, everyone must be in room before 8pm. Right on 8pm everyone stops practice and we begin working to get the room stable for qually.
    Apex_64 and incey like this.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    What we can do for the re-run is skip qualifying and line up in the qualifying order from last night.
    Could someone post that here please?
    Others who did not qualify can start rear of grid in championship order
  18. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Last update was September 30, 2015, when thr Course maker was added.
    Apex_64 likes this.
  19. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I didn't even end up getting a qualifying lap in as I had someone (still on their out lap) spin in front of me so I ended up in the weeds. I don't really mind starting at the back, but I understand that a few others also didn't get in a timed lap so I'm not sure how we would separate them.
  20. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    ok well if that's the case qualifying should still work as normal...