Season 10 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 24, 2016.

1. holdenman05

holdenman05 Team Driver

PSN ID
    holdenman05
    im so far off the pace so far this week its rediculous, but to get 8th was gold, prob be the same next week as i dont know sierra curcuit at all, well done to the podiums, especially @Motorsports560 on yet another season opener/how the hell did he do that moment
    Motors560 likes this.
  2. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Yeah please upload replay data, I thought you'd DC'd along with half the grid after the finish.

Warmed up just at the right time for qualy as I found my groove late into the session for a PB and first Div1 pole :cool:. Couldn't quite turn that into a comfortable lead though as I spent the majority of the race driving slow defensive lines trying to keep @warrior2167 behind. Had a few scrappy moments where both he and @StigsTC snuck into the lead but always managed to get my act together instantly to retake the lead within a lap or so. Had a bit of range anxiety kick in as I just made it to pit lane on fumes and was temporarily relieved to rejoin just in front a battling @Motorsports560 and warrior. But I took a bit too long to get comfortable on the medium compound tyres and a small moment on the next lap was all it took to lose momentum and the lead with 4 laps to go. Fortunately I found myself with a bit of breathing space to warrior in the dying minutes, so refocused on closing down and applying pressure onto mospo who eventually ran slightly wide at the last turn, which was more than enough invitation for me to slip it down the inside for the drag race to the finish :ninja:.
    Well done to warrior on another great race-long battle and to mospo560 on a great debut result! That said now that you're in Div 1, I think it'd be good if you could be more situationally aware with your surroundings and provide the bare minimum amount of racing room, as well as not cutting corners/exceeding track limits as often as I noticed in those final few laps.
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  3. lets_party-1611

lets_party-1611 Rookie

PSN ID
    Lets_party-1611
    thanks for the good racing last night and for all that raced in div 1 .... I took it easy I thought except for my 10 dollar hdmi cable that made the screen go black and I ran off the road in 3 rd place.. always next time .. thought every one was very patience and understanding at the start with getting every one with the same amount of cars to start the race.. every one give yourself a high five for the whole field able to work together to start raceit took nearly 20 mins well done.. now the race well its going to be a hard one when yor using a road car that's from the 70 s and stock suspension on sport softs and medium and at monza its going to be difficult ..there is no way you can regulate missing kerbs and not on the track properly .. there is no way any one in the field would have not done a clean lap unless you were happy to lap in the high 51 s or there abouts ..no matter what happened last night it was always going to have tears and love lost between races ...when your using standard suspension on sports tyres and a old car you will have lots of understeer and some hard side by side racing .. that said im not on any ones side or know or seen what incidents occurred..but if you wanted a hard track to get that car around fast..that being said I think we have all had a feel now for the car and know that racing and the car well only get easier to drive and race against each other because we have just gotten past our hardest track to race the Ferrari on.. any way sorry for the long message just thought I would get it on the forum just from what I have read so far on it ..I have not proof read it either so hope it reads ok any way thanks heaps for you letting me be in your series look forward to next race and will be practising everyday if any one would like to join .... love racing love competition until next time bye bye
  4. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Protests pending
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Easyprey007 and Crunch like this.
  7. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Sorry to pile on-top of your misery at the 2nd chicane @apex2691 but that wasn't a pass attempt, looked like you broke early, maybe I had 5km/h extra onboard, result was looking like the mother of all Liberace's so I jinked to the inside. Looked like a lag-punt finished the job. Soz.
  8. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Any ideas for qualifying at sierra?

We could run the qualifier option...
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    We done that last in the MX5 season at the Ring, well worth it since it'll be a 20min session if you run it the usual way.
  10. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    I'm a fan of the race alone option on that qualifier, as getting baulked is pretty rubbish in a one shot qualy where your line order isn't in your control.
    Final corner start is one of the more useful options when you have those long tracks.
  11. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

Given how long it takes to get the room stable, the qually option sounds best, otherwise we might not start the race till 10pm
  12. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    With this setting, how are we supposed to pick our compound before race start?
  13. natmanscoop

Can you double back into the pits, or isn't there time?
    Maybe we just take the hit and have to race what we Qualify on, for the sake of time.
  14. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    I had come from 11th after the earlier misery you refer to. I passed 10th, and was gathering you 9th in at approx 1 - 2 secs a lap, I passed you easily as you made an error 100m in front of me, and I preceded on. I saw you in mirror approaching chicanes (half lap later) well behind me, next I know I am shunted off track to last again. You braked after the shadow, bumped me, went off track to complete corner because you braked too late, then bumped me again whilst i was trying to gather control again on your entry back on track (back to 13th). Race replay mirrors my version. Apology accepted if you acknowledge what actually occurred.
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
  15. natmanscoop

PM sent, again - sorry.
  16. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    After discussion with a few of you in each division, we will be running normal qualifying which means you will get 1 timed lap.
    The race distance is shorter than normal (time wise) anyway so it should work out to a similar night.
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Protests complete. No penalties applied. Results stand.
  18. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Definitely the best battle i've had on Raceonoz no doubt. However watching this back over again i was all over the place that last lap. Missed apex's in the middle sector and around the 1 minute mark i had no idea i squeezed bob and warrior that much i knew i blocked them slightly but i didn't think to that extent and that last corner uggggh so badly done. Anyway it was certainly a learning curve racing like that with 2 of the best.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  19. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    You didn't miss apex2691...:oops:
  20. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    :D. very good.