Season 10 - Division 1- Powered by TURTLE BEACH

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  2. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    Can the mods confirm if the track limit consists of the white line to the left of the yellow chevrons in this picture? It is located between the 18th and 19th km.
    [​IMG]
    NAACS likes this.
  3. NAACS

NAACS Professional

PSN ID
    NAACS
    This needs confirming and advising across all divisions.
  4. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    i thought it would be obvious
    Crunch likes this.
  5. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

More than 2 wheels over the white line = :mad:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  6. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I think there is 3 or 4 of those around the track
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Qualifying for Sierra:
    Once room gets reset for qualifying, you will have 22 mins on the room clock to complete your out and hot laps
    Once 22mins is crossed, captains should take note of the qualifying positions and then organise for the selection of start tyre
    (ie if someone wants to start on mediums, all leave track and re-enter for manual lineup)
    Drivers who complete a hotlap after 22mins will not have it counted

Track Limits:
    [​IMG]
    @Bryan_F provided the above picture which shows extra run-off on the side of the track which occurs in a few areas.
    You can only go as far as 2 wheels on the white line (with the other 2 past it)
    Apex_64, warrior2167 and REVO_Bryan like this.
  8. AUSnicko9

AUSnicko9 Professional

PSN ID
    aussie_nicko
    Woah looked like a crazy last lap well done on the win Bob!
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  9. Apex_64

Apex_64 Professional

PSN ID
    apex_64
    Thanks for verification as tricky one because you don't actually cross a white line to get out there, or come back.
    What this picture also displays is two clearly defined racing lanes.
    This should enable pressure filled close side by side racing with minimal contact, having lanes as guidance.
    This also provides an obvious inside lane for drivers who have made large error or have come off track and lost speed.
    This will allow others to pass, in the outside lane, and hopefully avoid them being affected unfairly by another drivers error.
    These are only suggestions, but at least others will know my intentions, and can pass me in outside lane when I stack.
    P.S. Good Luck to all for tonight.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Hatfield, holdenman05 and JonoStan96 like this.
  10. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    I'm skating on incredibly thin ice with this, and I already have a reputation to speak my mind on issues, but I'm taking my gloves off now.

I take issue with this just because, as host, this is making me personally look bad or incompetent, when I know concretely that it is not my connection that is doing this. I was very hesitant to take on hosting duties, because I knew that it comes with ENORMOUS responsibility, and the buck stops here with me when these issues arise.

I've raced in so many different races, and consistently, the person with the most garbage connection I've ever come across is BMW. Consistently, he was the person people had the most issues with in Div2 and now. This was the case tonight, last week, and more than a year ago.

As soon as the race was started tonight, he was skating laterally over the track on my screen, and I wish I had recorded it.

This is not inspiring me to care much about this season, and next week I have a networking conference that I'd like to go to. I was going to stay home, but I think I should go after these developments.

I'm very happy to attend all races at any time that I am able to.

But with the utmost respect and knowledge that a person's connection has nothing to do with their character, BMW has got to resolve this. He must get a wired connection, port forward, DMZ, get a new router, or ANYTHING to help us out.

EDIT: I'm also very happy to continue hosting. I'm also happy to continue racing under a different philosophy, whereby, the fact that some people cannot be seen does not hold the entire room hostage. Currently, BMW has held every room I've ever witnessed hostage.
    REVO_Bryan likes this.
  11. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  12. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yes he may have poor net but its not needed to publicly shame him on the forum, I am sure there are plenty of tech savy blokes in Rooz who could guide him instead of this. @autech91 I think can help or has a forum somewhere if i am not mistaken?
    autech91 and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    How to prevent lag and DC's - The definitive guide
    Some tips for Sunday Night network issues.

Very frustrating night network-wise for the second straight week. It doesn't matter how good the host's connection is, the room is only as good as its weakest link. I'd suggest all new members take a look at the links above.

I expect the round to be postponed to the end of the season.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Crunch likes this.
  14. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    With our now well documented issues getting a room that works for everyone, my only suggestion would be to open the room a bit earlier so we can de-kink the first lobby with more time in hand, with drivers also showing up earlier with the intent of sorting issues, rather than just showing up on 8:20 expecting it to work. We can't ask just Crunch to show up early if we don't also, so as a division we need to aim to be ready to go earlier so we can fix any issues we might have.
    I don't mind if we re-do, I'm screwed if we do but I don't deserve 5th so not fussed either way.
  15. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Did the race start despite sight issues etc?
  16. B-Spec Bob

B-Spec Bob Team Driver

PSN ID
    B-spec-_-Bob
    Yes, we had 12 starters in total.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    did the room seriously only open at 8:20?
  18. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    Jono - No, room opened at about 8:10 or so. But it wasn't full until 8:20. (So we could only start resolving issues by the time we were supposed to be starting).
    Hat - Yes race started, at about 9:30pm (An hour late) with at least 1 person already abandoning the race, massive visibility related pile up at turn 1, retirements followed from there.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  19. its-benny-racer

Yes, we really need to be opening at 7:45, stop practice and begin getting room stable at 8. I'd rather get stable and start qually early than to be 9:30 before we even start the race.
    StigsTC likes this.
  20. its-benny-racer

I am willing to offer any advice on technical matters.
    Previous statements are correct, room owner connection makes little difference unless the room is on fixed owner.
    With the standard mode we use, in order for you to see others on the track a connection needs to be established directly with them (all of them). When you can't see 1 of them, that means network packets from them are not being received.
    When fixed room is enabled, all communication then goes via the owner (so in effect only they need to be able to see everyone).
    This puts more stress on the owners connection, but would usually eliminate the "some not seeing others" problem.
    Bluemoon, Crunch and autech91 like this.