Season 12 - Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    And that was a cunning strategy to start on inters while the rest of us struggled home on RS in 40+% water.:( I thought I had that one until half a lap from home Turbo and Wolfy passed me like I was standing still (more like a waltz really)
  2. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Thanks, I will be doing my best to replicate that in the final results, I don't think anyone is going to dominate (could be wrong) and it is going to be an epic championship right to the end.
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    The finishing table is a little deceiving because a lot of races didn't have a qually so if you got out of the pits early for the warmup you were gifted a good start. I like the lap times though. Geez its going to be a close season
  4. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    True, it is only a rough guide, starting up front in these very short races is very important. The real season will have tyre wear to add to the mix as well.
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    yeah lots of tyre wear if last night is any indication. gotta remember to buy some wets too
  6. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Open tyre regs might throw some interesting things into the mix. With the higher wear on some of these tracks, sticking to softs the whole race might be more detrimental than beneficial.
    Bluemoon likes this.
  7. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I think you're right, finding time to test all the variables will be a challenge
  8. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    @Hatfield @Tony Mail just got in contact with me would like to know if he's in the same team and he will be there Sunday night :cool:
  9. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    if he had signed up earlier he would probably be in a team, but as it stands all the bidding is complete.
    If someone pulls out he can take their spot but otherwise he will be assigned a team after round 1
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    DRIVER BRIEFING

R1
    : 12th Feb - Circuit de la Sarthe 2013 (with chicanes)(24hr time cycle) - 13 laps - 6am
    Wear - Normal
    Penalties : Off

[​IMG]

Ok Guys, PLEASE TAKE 5 MINS TO READ THE FOLLOWING AND LIKE IT WHEN YOU HAVE READ IT AND UNDERSTAND IT !

Welcome to Season 12.......hope its a great start to the season, 13 laps of Le Mans.

TRACK LIMITS : As per our rules and regs drivers must keep 2 wheels on the ripple strips or white lines at all times. We all make a mistake or 2, but if you are caught "continually and obviously" running outside the track limits to gain advantage you will be penalized by the stewards group. As we run with penalties off, there are multiple areas to be careful of with track limits. BE WARNED....IF YOU CONTINUALLY EXCEED TRACK LIMITS EXPECT A PENALTY.

CONTACT : CONTACT IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL TIMES. If you make contact with the car in front, and gain an advantage you MUST REDRESS and give the place back. Failure to do so could result in a penalty from the stewards group.
    PASSING : Is plenty of spots to pass here, when a car pulls along side you are EXPECTED to give racing room. Contact in being aggressive trying to defend will be looked at, better to give room and continue the fight.
    TURN 1 LAP 1 : Dont need to be a rocket scientist to know that you cant win the race in the first corner, but you sure as hell can lose it for yourself and / or ruin another drivers races by either being too aggressive OR too defensive into T1. Use your brains here lads and give room to those around you. Back half of the grid need to brake a little earlier and not cause chaos with kamikazee passes.

PIT ENTRY / EXIT : DO NOT swerve across the front of other cars on entry. Drivers should remain right on approach for a clean entry into pit lane. On EXIT, drivers should remain within the exit lines, aware of fast approaching cars.

BLUE FLAGS : Please observe blue flags, and move out of the way of faster cars if you are being lapped. Best to get off the race line, and with a small lift let them go. Failure to observe blue flags WILL result in a penalty

STEWARDS GROUP AND RACE PROTESTS: This season we will be using the new stewards group for racing infringements and protests. Many thanks to the guys who have put their hands up to volunteer. The specific Stewards group thread will have all the info in it, regarding rules and regs, and the protest procedure. Please read it and understand how it works...we are still to link in the collated rules and regs.........
    http://www.raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/stewards-group-official-thread.2593/

SAVE YOUR REPLAY ! : Please remember to save your replay after the race. If you want to protest anything, we can only act on the info we have in front of us, failure to do so will not enable us to view things from your game perspective, and with some of the issues we have seen, this could have a massive influence on how the stewards group will view and rule on any incident.

Good luck to everyone, please show RESPECT to other drivers, and race hard but FAIR.
    Hat / Mod team

(This message has been shamelessly copied from @stucar17 and edited accordingly ;) )
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    So @Tony Mail is now in TLR
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  13. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I assume so... He did some races last season
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Division B championship has been added, see OP
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  15. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Do we vote on keeping it like Div 2 is doing
  16. Half-Byte

Half-Byte Rookie Gold Member

PSN ID
    Half-Byte
    No pressure *gulp* :oops:
  17. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I know at least 1 person would like it...
  18. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    cryptic clue
    WOLFYDADDY007 likes this.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    The off-track tarmac on the straights between T1 & T4 on the map will be acceptable to use. BUT not the corners (including entry/exit).
    The two kinks after T1 and before T4 will be considered as 'straight'
  20. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    @Hatfield would you be able to put some photos up. i have no idea what you are talking about. if there's white lines i keep two wheels on the track side, if there's kerbs i aim to do the same. kerb trumps line. how hard is that?
    Easyprey007 likes this.