Season 2 general discussion.

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 5, 2014.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No set date as yet mate, probably in about 4 weeks though given we have to confirm the car and then select the tracks, and also put the divisions together.
  2. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Are we starting after school holidays.
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    in the wash up probably.........
  4. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    I'm only new to ROOZ but if I may throw my 2 and half cents in.... Would it be easier for the guys in the lower divs to race in a more "driver friendly car" e.g BRZ and the higher divs in a drivers car e.g. McLaren. People in the lowers divs would still be trying to develop there skills "consistency" and keeping them in the same car would help that I think....JMHO
  5. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    Also is this where I put forward my interest to enter S2?
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

7. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Many have asked this same question Vardz, but the answer is always the same. Everyone, no matter their division has access to and uses exactly the same
    Beat me to it Zamps. LOL
  8. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Lawl very abrubt ending there tb
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Hey VARDZ
    We always use the same car in our Sunday leagues for a number of reasons mate.

1. It makes it much easier for us to keep track of everyone's relative pace.
    2. we use fastest lap data to set up the following season divisions.
    3. It wont matter what car we use, there are always drivers that wont like the car selected, even if we make it "easier" for the lower divisions by selecting a different set of wheels.
    4. We keep our seasons fairly short (7 weeks) so we can swap the cars about relatively quickly if it doesnt suit the driver.
    5. After 14 seasons and a number years of successful Sunday leagues, its something that has proven pretty successful.

ALSO, Sunday is always NO TUNE so we know that everyone is in the same machinery, and it doesnt suit the guys who have ample time to tune in the interest of finding pace. With 70 odd drivers its a case of "trying to keep the majority happy" so we can continue to grow our leagues and enjoy the community we currently have.

Cheers
    Stu
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Pit glitch fixed according to mus..... did someone say two tyre type season! !!
    Hope we implement this, so looking forward to some of the strategic battles we had.

Edit:Fak u pd
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    +1 for tyre compound changes!

Mint and I fell like the heroes of ROOZ after finding out it's gone lol
  12. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    I have to agree with Stu, the glitch isn't fixed. I was just running some laps in the Nascar which is where I first noticed the glitch.

Daytona oval...
    Start practice and constantly hit 320 Kmh at the end of the straight with the rev limit warning light just coming on 318 - 320. Lap time ... 45.803
    Pitted and filled with fuel and new RS tyres...
    Can only hit 315 Kmh at end of straight with the rev limit warning light coming on at 310 -312. Can also hear the rear tyres screeching as soon as you leave the pit... Lap time 46.481

Sorry to burst the bubble, but thats how I see it...
  13. BERNSY001

BERNSY001 Rookie

PSN ID
    BERNSY001
    So maybe if it isn't gone what if we increase the race lengths slightly, or turn tyre/fuel depletion up 1 or 2 to force a pitstop? And besides, I can still see it not being a problem. For instance, if I started the race on hards say and the others all started on softs, I pit early and do a 2 stopper and use the softs in the 2nd and 3rd stints, while the others are driving round on worn/wearing out softs and then the hards. Surely the soft at least even after the stop would be quicker than the hards still, I can see it still working.
  14. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Sometimes the window allowing you to change tyres and fuel just dose not appear when you enter the pits, so your pit crew gives you whatever tyres you had previously and a full tank of fuel.

Happened to me quite a bit in testing for season 1.
  15. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Have you tested that today Darko?? Wondering if it still does that after the latest update?
  16. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I've had it happen once or twice, will have a crack tonight and see what happens.
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I remember in testing some of the guys weren't even getting the option to change tyres. Just the drop down box and nothing else.
    Crunch likes this.
  18. JAKO155

JAKO155 Rookie

PSN ID
    Producer634
    Hey Fellas.
    Im going to Set up a Practice room tonight at about 7pm AEST. If you would like to join. you will need to add me as I am only setting it to Friends only. my account is JAKO155 Looking forward to seeing u guys :)
  19. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
    Not yet mate, nephew's confiscated the 360 & PS3 :(, should be able to get back on tomorrow sometime.
  20. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    hi everybody for tonight and tommorow night I will be running online test sessions for the upcoming season this will take place at 7.30pm on friday the 11th and saturday the 12th. both at 7.30 starting time both sessions will start at bathurst and move around anyone from any division can take part. so come along for a fun night of driving p.s the sessions will probably end around 10.30pm depends on how tired I am