Season 4 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jun 9, 2016.

1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    had a look last night and there is DEFINITELY a slow option for tire wear.

The options are Off, Slow, Real, x2,3,4,5,6,7

So i tested it a little and saw the following....
    I ran 5 laps (including out lap) of watkins GP in the ginetta (track settings same as sunday league)
    Slow setting my Front Left wear was on 97 at the end of lap 5
    Real setting my Front Left wear was on 94 at the end of lap 5

Initial thoughts are that we could certainly run with the wear settings on 'slow", as this would provide something different from a straight out "sprint" format with wear off. It was i very small test though, not a clear indication of what might happen.

THAT SAID, i will look at it more closely after this weeks final round, and wont rule out using a range of options including "off, slow or real" depending on the track
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  2. autech91

autech91 Professional

Plenty of race series IRL don't have pit stops and drivers need to manage their tyres to make it through a race.
    While that isn't always the most fun in the world I think there's something in running the wear at slow for the controller boys. People will still need to be careful and not go bowling into the corners overloading the front tyres, but it should be enough to make race distance in all tracks.

Having run default set up with my mates for a long time I know that the pit stops can be iffy, I haven't confirmed it yet but I think it looks to your active pit strategy which has to be saved with default turned off. Be worth a test as all people would need to do is remember to set it before the race, someone could even post up in the threads a safe strategy for everyone to use on each race round to make it through to the end... That said thats just another thing for people to remember to do, which could ruin the pureness of the racing, which is what we crave. Food for thought Sir @stucar17
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Agree mate, i think the sooner we can get back to pure racing the better it will be for everyone, and agree 100% while we need to look after the guys on controller, we also should consider that drivers shouldnt be able to push the :):):):) out of their tires with no consequence. IMO that isnt "racing". Given we will be dropping the options that allowed some strategy, this would seem a middle ground.

So, i agree that slow will be the best option from initial tests, HOWEVER we will start looking at this in more depth next week.

The big one for me is the fuel issue, last night at Watkins i was 2.5 secs slower than others on full tank compared to 5 ltrs when the glitch comes into play. It will be pretty clear though if there are drivers exploiting it as we will set the fuel burn in the race to be close to running dry by race end so everyone will be on about the same fuel, those who dont make a change to their car will have a massive disparity between qual pace and race pace. Will be very easy to see
    Spidey_11 and garyw61 like this.
  4. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    Its a bit confusing. so for those with no interest in cheating how do I make sure when I enter the room I have a full tank?
  5. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Its simple: main menu -> garage -> select Ginetta GT4 -> edit/create tune -> change any setting even fuel -> save to all tracks and then your done.

Although it's not really cheating as not doing so will actually penalise you in the race as you'll be given 70-80 litres in the race when you'd comfortable make it on 60. You'd only have an advantage in qualifying where you'd only be given ~10 litres. Ideally you'd change a setting between qualifying and the race but given you cant access the cars setup without exiting the room that is impossible.
    stucar17 likes this.
  6. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Adjust anything on the car in a tuning room then save it to all tracks and your good to go
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Isnt the tank capacity in the ginetta 60L ?
  8. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

no its 90+ 60 is just what it is set to in the default setup.
    zuluwoffle and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  9. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Do custom ffb setting carry over into a no tune lobby?
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I "think" so. From what others have told me they do, can't confirm 100% though
  11. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Yeah just make a new setup, do your ffb settings then change a car setting as well and save it to all, then you will be sweet.
    autech91 and The_Spectre like this.
  12. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    Now the question will be if there is a good ffb tune?
  13. vh_mik

vh_mik Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    vh_mik
    [​IMG]
    www.pcars.oscarolim.pt

will give you ever car and every available ffb setting. If you think wheel is to harsh on curbs, there is a setting for it. I use the Kerbs minus - fy+sop mix. great feed back, can hit kurbs without your wheel getting smashed to pieces (but can still feel the rumbles)
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  14. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    +1 - I use the FY+sop lateral tune by jack spade (see the website Mik posted above)
    zuluwoffle likes this.
  15. George

George Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    Tuddy5611
    That is awesome, thanks @vh_mik
    vh_mik and stucar17 like this.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    alright guys...
    Did a little testing last night in the ginetta, and we found the following.

Tire wear will be on slow. We ran a 22 lap race at Catalunya, one of the harder tracks on tires and the controller users finished on 'about' 75% wear for their tires. Given the race may go an extra 2 laps based on a race time of 45 - 50 mins i would predict that everyone will be able to cope with that no issues.

FUEL, will be on real at this stage, although we will need to do a little more testing according to the track list.

FUEL GLITCH : CAGME highlighted this last night , and it proved true, if you DONT make an adjustment to your car to get the 60ltrs default amount you will end up on 80ltrs for the race. Any advantage gained in qual by being on light fuel will be beaten by heavy fuel for the race.....
  17. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    Might just repeat what i said last week just in case, but running a race on a timer is a big no no on this game.
    Spidey_11 likes this.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yeah, will be set number of laps as per normal
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  19. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    dont think itll be a "timed race" so to speak, just the amount of laps that will work out roughly to 45 mins.
    stucar17 likes this.
  20. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Beat me to it.