Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    OK guys, the 2 tire option brings more headaches for the sprint round. Have a read below and let me know what you think......will finalize by Thursday so we all know what we are doing,

Options.....

1. the rules stay the same as we have (must run both compounds). You will get to the end of race 1 easily on 1 stop, strategy being how to get clear air and how long to run on each compound.

With race 2 being reverse grid, and with no qual then you would start on the tire you finish race 1 on........

OR....

2. we all qual R1 on the softs, compulsary pit and finish on the meds, which means that race 2 everyone would start on the meds as well, pit to softs to finish....

Both these are simple to understand

personally i like option 1, more scope for things to be mixed up a bit. Being a sprint round it brings strategy, and the need to run fast for 22 laps to try to get a good result. Also you would need to think about what tire you are left with to start race 2 on, in the reverse grid.
  2. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    I say Option 1. More variety, more fun, more stress :p
  3. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Option 1 definately. Sprint round plus people on different tires plus making way through field from the back should equal all kinds of awesome (or chaos..).
  4. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    ...or heartbreak...
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Option 1 sounds good to me :)
  6. jas002

jas002 New Recruit

Hey Stu opt 1 sounds ok
  7. jas002

jas002 New Recruit

Sorry didnt even think of checking that as i was trying to get around the track in good form this will not happen again i will check on this sorry for any problem i caused i am blonde to if thats any consellation.

Just one thing before i go in qual you do how many laps do you do before you have to pull over and wait.

I got a bit confused on last sundays race as i kept going when the other guys have stop and i think i caused i bit of a headache for X.

Sorry X for this confusion.

Jas
  8. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Don't worry, you didn't cause any problems. Just make sure you remember to change your tyres for the remaining races.

For qualifying, you can go around as long as you like. Most of us tend to stop after completing a good lap if we know we can't get a better lap time. As long as you are not obstructing traffic, it's all good.

I like to continue running since that's all the practice I get too! Though since I'm the captain, I need a bit of time to do my captain stuff :p
  9. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Option 1 sounds good.
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ok guys,

Regs the same for this weeks sprint round.

Start race 1 on the tire you qualify on, for race 2 you can choose your starting tire from the lobby.

Must run both tires for each race, no pit window.

Cheers
    Stu
  11. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

Opt 1. do we do 2 races this sunday?
  12. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Yes pricey, reverse grid for the second race which is only worth half points stu?
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    yep, as per last season.....race 2 only half points.
  14. inline 6

inline 6 New Recruit

dutch was way too quick, there was a couple of very brief moments i was gaining on him but the only reason i was staying with him was due to the slip stream. i stuffed up a lil on 1 of the corners around lap 4 and he was gone and the battle with gary for 2nd began.

i forgot to practice with mediums and im pretty bad at making tyres last so the whole race i spent staring at how they were going and doing calculations in my head how many laps i needed to get out of them to make it a 2 stop race.

pitted before everyone dropped back to 6th which is where i thought i was going to finish but alas somehow found my way back to 2nd while they were pitting. i could see the arrow of 2nd place in the map and figured they must have softs since it was 7laps to go so i knew id be losing time each lap was just a matter of trying to hold onto my lead.

main thing i didnt want to do was have them slip stream me but i stuffed up with 2laps to go hitting the wall and moon was on the attack. to which 2 thoughts went through my head, stick to the racing line just run my race and try not to run him off the road with my worn out tyres.

was pretty clear if moon had the lead he would have left me for dead but its a tight track so not that many opportunity's to pass. he nearly got me on the final straight but i managed to hold on for the 2nd place by like .05 of a second.

by far the best result ive had racing here so far.

i like option 2 but i dont mind and everyone seems to want 1 so i guess thats what we doing
  15. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

what sport of lap times should i be around for race 3? Sorry im new at this and would like a indication of what sort of pace i should be at.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys, make sure you practice entering the pits at tsukuba or you could be penalized by the game.

I predict a few people messing up the pit entry and getting a drive through...

Go in too fast it will reset you, and pass you through the pits without service, hit the grass on the left and it will either spit you back out onto the track, or make you drive through again with out service.....

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up so everyone knows the issue there..... might be good for captains to remind everyone before race start....
  17. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Pricey, div 1 and 2 guys running anywhere in the 52s....
  18. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

Thanx Stu.
    I had the piut issue last night. took me ages to work out what was going on. slow down at the last corner and cruise in slow. better then having to try it again.
  19. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

when we qaulify does it put us in our by our fstest lap or do we have to be in order before race start?
  20. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    It will automatically put you in order based on your fastest lap so you dont need to worry about parking in order before the race begins
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.