Season 7 Division 3

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Hey turbo, sorry mate, but you weren't supposed to do that!

Pit lane is closed during the 10 mins qualifying.

Didn't make any difference to end results though, so all good.

Can everyone please make sure that they have read the season 7 regulations before next Sunday's race? They can be found here:

http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1158

Cheers.

@sirdave - there is a replay save button in the results screen (the little 'podium' button next to the chat button).
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Can't emphasise this enough everyone. Make it a level play field, be pro and read the rules.
  3. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Thanks to gary for manning the race. Too bad there was a hiccup in my room.
    Well, on to the next race this Sunday!
  4. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Hmmmmm.

Well, I DID read the rules actually. I do recall now seeing that, but the fact that it's been 6 seasons doing it one way, and then to have it change, coupled with the technical issues that were present and there was no reminder of such, it was pretty much old habits die hard.

My first run produced my fastest time so it was no different anyway.
  5. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    all good damo, I know you wwouldnt deliberately break the rules so no biggie

maybe a quick message before qualy to everyone reminding them not to pit during qualy would be an idea.
  6. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah that's very understandable man, it's only changed due to the new tyre reg's, which imo, make for some great racing, plus the qualy format now is nice in that it's not too forgiving, I mean, a track like Deep Forest where you can have multiple go's on fresh rubber in the allotted time is a bit too forgiving imo, having just one set of tyres means much greater implications if you do slip up, plus it might mean it won't always be the same people qualifying up front every race, a good thing if you ask me!
  7. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

I have remapped my wheel to remove teh nasty in-racwe adjustment ability, so should be all good this round with BB set right from the very start. I suppose I could have spoken to the race captain about my dilemma to be able to go out and back in but alas.
  8. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773

Right on the money snake.....i think now that everyone knows what the go is it should throw up some great racing.
  9. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Hi guys,

Can someone confirm the start time for Div3? I thought it was 8:10 Qual and 8:20 race but last week it seemed to be 8:20 Qual and 8:30 race (before the room died). With the screaming kids and handbrake I often cut it fine so want to make sure I don't stuff up the times. Cheers...
  10. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    On first page of this thread mate

Qual to start at 8:10, race start at 8:20. Add a few mins for any of the inevitable room probs !!
  11. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    Yep, as Stu said, normal times as per first post in this thread.

The only reason I started 10 mins late last week was because turbo had said in this thread that he would be running a bit late, and asked if we could wait until 8.30. I also wanted to give moon a bit more time if his dinner finished early enough.

Not sure if you were in the room or not at the time dave, but I did ask if anyone minded starting a bit later, and the consensus was that it would be ok.

Sorry to the new guys for any confusion caused by the later start time and moving to a new room etc. Moon should be back this week, and sanity will prevail!
  12. sirdave

sirdave New Recruit

Thanks guys, I knew I'd seen the time somewhere, just couldn't see the wood for the trees.
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

The more I drive this car, the more underwealmed I feel, but it is a much easier car to drive compared to the ZR1 last season. Tokyo shouldmake for an interesting race :)
  14. Bluemoon

Bluemoon Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    X-3vi1m00n
    Great driving from everyone! I should have been more aggressive in catching dan for 2nd. :)

Code:
        Driver         Time       Best Lap
    01. GTP_Dutch      48:44.773  1:38.917  (Fastest Lab)
    02. daninline6       +27.049  1:39.532
    03. X-3vi1m00n       +27.126  1:40.521
    04. garyw61          +40.807  1:39.744
    05. CobMcCool        +44.035  1:39.242
    06. disturboed     +1:11.981  1:41.608
    07. mmm_homebrew   +1:16.274  1:40.484
    08. stevisaa       +1:16.631  1:41.320
    09. jas002         +2:25.235  1:41.549  (Tyre penalty)
    10. xsirdave       +2.47.425  1:42.533
    11. Rumbleshorts      DNF     1:42.819

jas002 didn't use the medium tyres from my replay, so there's a 1 minute penalty to be applied. Rumbleshorts was still >40s behind xsirdave, so jas002 should still be in the points in 10th.
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Jas nooooooooo !!!! Lol.

Have a seniors moment mate.?????
  16. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Well that race didn't go as badly as I thought it was going too.

With absolutely zero practice going into this round, and Tokyo not being one my favourites, i was expecting a pretty shocking race to be honest. And I had no idea how the tyres performed on this circuit, with only experience on Deep Forrest to go by. So I had NO plan for pit strategy either.

I decided first though that I will quali and start on the mediums for something different, and then come up with a tyre stop strategy on the fly depending on how long they lasted. I qualified 5th, so I thought that wasn't too bad, but it would be interesting to know who quali'd on what.

Got a solid start, but lost a few spots in the first couple of laps to some who I'd assume were on the softs judging by their corner speed (or my :):):):)ty driving - i will go with soft tyres). Come lap 7 i was able to pass a couple of guys who had pitted. A few more laps on, and I still had reasonable tyres, I was amazed. Still turning out relatively consistent times, i decided to pit end of lap 11 and run 2 stints on the softs of about 8-9 laps. I was hoping that
    this strategy would get me into the top 5 by end of the race.

i was hanging around in 7th position by this time. Had a great battle with stevisaa for a good portion of the 2nd and 3rd stints, we leap frogged each other several times down the main straight, and also cris-cross passing in the corners, it was great. Getting towards the end of the second stint i was thinking to myself when i should pit, be it before stevisaa or after or at the same time, and I completely forgot to brake for turn 1!! Got about halfway into the normal braking zone before realising, hit the brakes, and knowing i had buckleys of pulling it up, flicked the handbrake and slid the car sideways into the tyres. It gave me wheel & engine damage, but at least I could just go straight off and not lose too much time.

We ended up pitting lap 20 i think together, with me about a second behind. on the exit and subsequent lap, stev got a break on me when i got a bit untidy in a few spots, brushing the wall and losing momentum. I had six laps to catch back up and I wanted that next spot! He was never out of my sight, but a good 2-3 seconds in front. I was pushing my softs harder and harder, and they started to wear a lot quicker than the first lot did. But I had a feeling Stevisaa's were going quicker, so I pressed on. Sure enough, I reeled him in and on the final lap I made my move. I passed at Turn 1, and held the position to Turn 2 with him right on my bum. But out of Turn 3 and coming up to Turn 4, I managed to pull a tiny gap with my slightly better tyres, and on Turn 4 I watched him slide wide into the fence through my rear vision mirror. I'd like to think that I played a part in him pushing the tyres just that bit too hard! Finished the race in 6th, one down on quali position, but not bad considering.

Congrats to the podium, and again to Dutch who may be the dominate force this season!? Definately gotta practice!
  17. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Yeah, mis-timed my 3rd pit and ran out of laps for the tyres (the spin didn't help) & literally had no rubber on the rears for the last lap. I was in 7th at one point earlier in the race and was trying to push higher.

Ultimately I threw it away due to bad timing :(
  18. GTDutch

GTDutch Rookie

PSN ID
    GTP_Dutch
    Nice summary turbo!

I hadnt really had any practice for this round at all, except for a quick 5 lap stint a couple of days ago where i was getting high 37's on softs if I recall correctly, but the tires were not deteriorating so i gave up and figured it was a glitched lost cause. True enough it was cause I just couldnt get close to that last night and had to figure out that i could 'probably' get 7-8 laps from the softs, depending on how I drove them, during the practice session. And even then i was driving around the high 38's at best.

But come Qualy i pulled out a nice mid 38, bettered it on the next lap and then went downhill on the third so i parked it and waited out the session.

Starting from pole, got a good get away and had dan right with me for the first 4 laps, probably about a second in it. But i think he started to tussle with gary and I pulled away for a tidy lead coming towards the end of my first stint on lap 8 (softs). Came out on my mediums for the 2nd stint and had a bit of mid pack action , i remember getting moon on the hairpin around the outside with my newer tires and then settled into a longer 12 lap stint. I didnt really feel comfortable with the mediums, lap times were around 43's i think, and had to adjust some lines and gear changes to adapt to the reduced grip. The mediums werent as fun as the softs thats for sure. But ultimately it was a race by myself from then on in pitting on lap 20 for another set of softs into the lead.

I tried to get the fastest lap with my new softs and low fuel but for the life of me couldnt get it below 39's. Have no idea why, probably just not wanting to screw it up like last race and have no tires left on the last lap. Though I find out this morning that I had the fastest lap from my first stint (thanks for the pressure dan!). So very nice to get full points.

Again, i think the key was conservation during the stint and no bad moments with the walls. Had a few grazes here and there but kept it pretty tidy and no bad mistakes. Looking like a good season.
  19. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    back to your season 2 form dutchy

well done mate
  20. Pricey_777

Pricey_777 Wesley

Sorry I mised the race. Was looking forward to it all week, I took my lad camping on the weekend, so I didnt much practice, when we got home I was worn by 8 and fell asleep on the lounge. The practice I got my best was a 1:44 somthing so I would have struggled anyway. Look forward to the next race. will be on tonight for a practice if anyone wants to join me. Probably around 7:30.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.