GT6 [Series -08/05] Intercontinental Sportscar Championship[ISC]

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Mustafur, Apr 9, 2014.

1. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    lol, I've got no problems with it.
    Cyber_STIG_77 likes this.
  2. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    Are you guys running delayed by any chance?? Will be home in 15 and approved to race :D
  3. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    yes a bit.
  4. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    good racing guys, good fun
    garyw61, MINT_GTR and Cyber_STIG_77 like this.
  5. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Enjoyed the first race immensely, the second not so much, couple of mistakes of my own and a little help for another off.:(
  6. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  7. MINT_GTR

MINT_GTR Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    MINT_Matt
    That was exactly why I love this series, what a great night of close racing :)

Was very lucky to make it on time but with absolutely no practice, I wasn't sure how I would go. Well done to Jono for grabbing my bday pole present by .002 :p:D
    The 1st race was absolutely intense with myself and cyber having one of the best different manufacturer battles I have enjoyed here at ROOZ :) happy to secure 2nd.
    The 2nd race was crazy with a massive pile up at the 1st corner. After it all cleared, I pushed to end up in a hectic 3 way battle for the lead with mus and rotor. At one point we were 3 wide into the 1st cnr and somehow all got through. Mus got loose so myself and rotor continued the battle. Once I took my opportunity for the lead, i consolidated to the finish :)

Congrats to rotor for a double podium on debut in the series, good choice of weapon ;):D
    Going into the final round, Asia have a narrow lead and myself with 7 points over Mus so can't wait for the nailbiter that this series truly deserves :)
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  8. garyw61

garyw61 Gary Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    gazzas_here
    +1 :)
  9. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Thanks for letting me gate-crash lads, I wanted to see if the new T500 settings feel rubbish on all cars. Well done PD, nothing if not consistent. The Aston was a real challenge and I couldn't quite get the best out of it, but plenty of battles and good fun as always. WD to the top 3, too fast!!
  10. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Indeed was a very good races/racing! :)

Thanks for that lads! :D
    That some of the closest battling I have ever had! :) Was good experience for me, my actual first time under pressure racing :)

Well I was just a fill in, I didn't even get a prac run it at all, even before... I was alittled worried at the start because I was so far off the pace and qualified 7th I think... Ended up finding my way into 4th spot with MINT and Cyber about 10 seconds in front... They had a few laps battle which had allowed myself and the rest of the group to catch up to them... Once MINT was able to capitalize Cyber collapsed from pressure and the rest of the field and allowed me to take 3rd :)

2nd race was intense! Starting from 3rd last with MINT and Mus behind me the pressure was on already! Like MINT said pile up on the first corner I some how stayed out of it and kept to the inside of the first corner and went wide for the second, with Mus following and MINT right behind... Then was sitting in 4th, I think it may of been Gary? Whoever was in the red mustang? I then was able to take 3rd had a little battle with him but then I pulled a sight gap, but by this point Mus and MINT where released... By lap 4 or 5 I think it was I was able to take 1st and hold on for a few laps while MINT and Mus where battling... I am not sure but for some reason I had to brake earlier other wise the Rx7 wouldn't pull up and I felt very vulnerable into the first corner... I had a feeling that MINT and Mus had a stronger brake bios.. I was just on standard... However they ended up catching up, the hole time I was only about 7 tenths to a second up, they got a good exist on the final turn and slip streamed... we where three wide, at the time I was thinking... OH this is going to end badly!!!! hahaha but we all seemed to not hit each other? I wanted the outside for the first corner so i could take the inside for the second, and it worked, I held on! however I think Mus must of had a moment half through the next lap which allowed MINT to attack... I held him off for a lap or two but he managed to pass on the 2nd last lap and take the win! Congrats! ;) stole my first race I could of won.. jerk.. hahah jokes! :D It was a Rx7 #1 and #2 :D

Great racing! I love the different types of cars, and they preform better in other area's than other but still post around the same lap times! Really enjoyed it lads!!! I want more!! hahaha :D
    MINT_GTR likes this.
  11. R0T0R-AU86

R0T0R-AU86 Team Driver

PSN ID
    R0T0R-AU86
    Yeah, also thanks for letting me gate crash aswell lads! :)

I was too inconsistent with the T500... So I brought a G27... I find it way better for consistency! The T500 is a AWESOME wheel, but having the FFB is alot stronger and the wheel is 1in bigger its harder to maintain consistency.. well for me any ways.. So yeah for now the T500 is sitting in the cupboard and I will only pull it out when not being competitive :)
  12. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
  13. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Good job Gary, got a faster lap then me in the 2nd race with the same car.
    emmo46 likes this.
  14. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    I lost pace in the second race compared to the first while most others improved. RX7 was the car to have.
  15. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    Sorry mate, saw a hole and stuck my nose in. Saw it all happen in slow motion. I wasn't up far enough and you turned in, contact and the back end started coming out. I was praying you'd pull it back in. Cost us both heaps. Sorry again bud.
    emmo46 likes this.
  16. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    No problem T_B, racing incident, I should have stayed wide. I really loved the close racing in the first event and after losing a lot of ground at turn one in race two was moving up through the field, I got back to 5th before we tangled and I really was enjoying it all. I brought myself undone trying to stay ahead of you by looking for extra speed through the right hander leading back to the oval and ran wide and spun. From there on I was a very distant second last. I really feel for Suicid3, that NSX seems to be holding him back. Also after watching Anon at very close quarters wrestling with the Aston I also feel bad for Doogle. The other gent racers seem to be handicapped compared to me in the F430 and it sort of jades my lead in the gent class.
  17. DoogleDave

DoogleDave Team Driver

PSN ID
    DoogleDave
    I won't argue that the Aston is somewhat of a "barge" to drive but don't sell your efforts short.
    You have still had to keep the F430 pointing in the right direction and with decent pace - you deserve the position you are in mate! :)

Keep it up for the remaining couple of rounds and hold that Gents cup up high with pride!
    emmo46 and SuiCid3 like this.
  18. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    As Dave said, don't sell yourself short ;)
    I have no excuses... I'm just slow lol
    I'm actually pretty happy about my lap times. 2-3s off the fastest laps of Div1 guys on a track I have never raced on before. :)
    I'm normally that much slower, if not more, on tracks I know a lot better lol
    emmo46 and DoogleDave like this.
  19. emmo46

PSN ID
    emmo46
    You two are too generous.:)
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    I was pretty devastated to have crashed and spun my way out of an excelllent shot at the title.

I was rapt to have taken pole, but I was lucky as I had a poor run out onto the final sector, losing 3 tenths. Sorry MINT :)

The RX7 is just terrible off the line, so Mustafur was guaranteed to lead into turn one. But still, I was easily keeping up with him but I touched the silly tyre barrier at turn 1, and fell way back.
    Afterwards I had
    had a battle with tb which was enjoyable but very frustrating. I knew I had the car, but with no straight line speed, it was hard to pass. I was forced off a few more times than I would have liked, but I deserved it afterwards with a few more spins. The championship was gone, and I only have myself to blame.

The second race was more enjoyable. The car once again lost many positions off the line. In the first corner, so weird stuff was going on, as Anon and I just stopped on a dime, and we dropped way back. It took awhile to fight back through. It felt like a destruction derby race with all the contact lol. The Aston was difficult to pass, and I really had to throw the dice to make some moves work. Cyber was the hardest to pass, with the Corvette being a rocket ship in a straight line. With all the contact and diving that occurred during the race, I dived up the inside but it was too risky. Now Gary and Mustafur were on my tail, and I lost time to Cyber. It was tricky, but I was relieved to finish ahead of both Vipers.

Sadly, it's now just a straight fight between Mustafur and MINT for the title. If it weren't for my choking, we'd have a great 3 way battle in the wet. It's a testament to them that they don't let mistakes get to them. Hopefully I'll be able to race this Thursday and finish on a high note.
    MINT_GTR likes this.