GT5 The Rumble(shorts) Strip!

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by Rumbleshorts, May 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zampli

zampli Team Driver

ahhh good:) best track to have it on
  2. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Crap. After collecting mum-in-law from hospital, cutting up some felled palm trees and cooking dinner last night, I completely forgot about the race... Stupid me, public holidays have got me all screwed up.

Hope to bust out the Ferrari and see if I can tame it during the week.
  3. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah Stu you did better then me m8, my little car that COULDN'T...

It wasn't the most powerful weapon of choice (i brought a knife to a gun fight) :lol:
    but i thought it was in with half of a chance, i just needed the top half of the field to have some MAJOR issues :p
    like lose their brain's, handbrake shoots them or get eaten by mountain lion, anything like that would have helped me :lol: :p
    the start of the race was the worst for me, i couldn't hear my own little micro machine over all the MONSTER V8'S valve bouncing around me.
    which dam near made my ears bleed as i had surround sound up to HIGH so after being just about BLASTED out of my simulator and it didn't help that pulled off the start line in 3rd. :/
    my chance of a good race after all that, went from super thin to **** all.. :( O'well that serve myself right.. :p
  4. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Funny stuff aussie, how good did my V8 sound ???? I know you got to hear it a few times from when i lapped you !!!! Maybe you couldnt hear it though because the sound of your screaching, spinning car was drowning it out !! Funny stuff
  5. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah righty'O rub it in Mr Bubbles... :p
  6. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    i tried being smug by using the carlton soi could theoretically save my rear tyres and guess what WRONG my fronts died and i parked it and i didnt have racing hards dammit
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Well that was absolute chaos last night. I doubt I've seen so much tyre burning, arrow spinning and dnf's in a ROOZ race since...ever!!! All Lotus' are tricky little suckers, but when you throw Cape Ring into the mix, then you're asking for trouble. The 350's grabbed all the top spots, I know they were definitely lighter, but I figured the '02 esprit would have been pretty close in lap times. Surprised more people didn't run it.

Congrat's to topcat, fastest man on the track by a mile. He was on pole followed by daylight. As the race progressed I figured the final race result would have been much the same. I'm assuming he struck trouble like the rest of us somewhere, and those few seconds cost him. Bad luck man. Tek was quick as well. Gotta say it's not looking good for Div 1 on the weekend, these Div 2 guys are just too quick!!!

btw not sure if I'll be around next Monday Rumbles, likely I'll be working late. Don't wait for me if I'm not on come kick off.
  8. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Guys,

I currently don't have results for the pickup round, buthave yet to check the PS3 for replays. If anyone has results from that round, please share :)
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I think I have it, wI'll have a look this arvo and post them up if I have them.
  10. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    results for ute race, Laguna seca
    1. topcat
    2. Tek
    3. Zampli
    4. Stu
    5. Rumbles
    6. aza
    7. Enforcer DNF

Cape ring lotus challange
    1. Anon
    2. Topcat
    3. Tek
    4. Stu
    5. Aza
    6. Aussie
    7. disturboed
    8. Enforcer
    9. Rumbles

Dont have any of the fastest laps sorry, cant read it so didnt want to guess

Cheers
    Stu
  12. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Thanks stu! All good re: fastest laps, haven't been worrying about them anyway :) First post updated with results :)

Don't forget the F12007 this Monday :D I hope we don't get all of the laddered participants showing up, I only host for 14 and 15 have been in :lol:
  13. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Should be on tonight to run a few laps in the F1 car. Haven't driven it in ages. Probably around 8 or just after. Hmmm, those hints about the track are about as subtle as a sledgehammer!!

Maybe after clash of the titans.
  14. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Just call me Peter Gabriel :p
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Please don't forget that you have to use the standard LSD, and limit your car to 700 BHP :)
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

No worries rumbles, havent bought yet so Ill make sure I dont get LSD. Can u use any combination of turbo and engine detuning to make 700hp? Or is High RMP turbo still a no no?

BTW a track starting with S and ending in A could be Suzuka :p. Personally I think its a more exciting track than Spa :D
  17. ENFORCER_98

ENFORCER_98 Lead Foot Boffin

PSN ID
    ENFORCER_98
    cant put a turbo or stage 3 so all good it comes with an lsd just leave it stock hope that helps...
  18. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

What E said :) Additionally, you need to set the LSD back to the standard type and ensure you reset its settings to default.
  19. zampli

zampli Team Driver

we could try a warm up lap lol :p dunno if itll get too fussy, with when to officially start race (after warm up lap)
  20. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Having my lunch break now...not liking my chances of getting there tonight. Sorry Rumbles.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.