GT5 TUESDAY NIGHT NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    i feel like im about 137 at the moment lol.

Anyone have the special lotto numbers, that might help !
  2. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    if your 137 im 400
  3. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ok guys, Regs for round 4.

Road Course Daytona

Laps : 27

Tire Regs : Qual and first stint Race Softs. Race Meds after 1st stop.

FULL PIT LANE EXIT TO BE USED.

Penalties ON.

Tuning : Prohibited

1 lap qual, park at turn 1 when your fast lap finished

ROOM : RUMBLES

Qual : 8:30

Race Start : 8:35.

Its a tough track in these cars guys, need to go into the race with your wits about you.........particularly in turn 1 and the bus stop.

You can get 5 laps from the soft tire and from the very limited testing i did might be able to dip into the 1:39:***s. This place is very hard on the tires though if you get out of shape. It was surprisingly quite grippy though.

remember its a fun series, dont let that red mist take over :p ;)

Stu
  5. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    to easy Colin, and its not about letting me down mate, i couldn't give two brass monkey berries about points and all that :):):):)..
    i'm in it to have a good time and burn rubber.... So just have fun mate and don't get too worked up.. ;)
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Good turnout again tonight guys.

Well done to snake, great drive mate. Flag to flag win, smashed us all.

Good drive too neishy and cyber.

My race went something like this.

Stuffed qually again when I got caught up behind Clevo, started 7th I think.

Was second by turn 4, drove 3 good laps, have a spin, lose 3 or 4 spots, rinse and repeat !

Had a shocker.

Will get the results up to tomorrow guys.

Last round next week, back to the oval. Watch this space for race length and regs.

Stu.
  7. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    goody goody an oval haleloyah
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I had a bit of a moment during my qualy lap too, very surprised it was still enough for pole, had my usual slow start to the race (I worry about those rears!) then I just waited and hoped everyone in front of me would come to grief, haha, sorry lads!

I had a pretty uneventful race tbh, had a little issue running into the back of Stu after he had a moment at the bus stop and I didn't really have anywhere to go, sorry mate, anyway, I got a collision penalty for it, f#cking bs! which allowed Cyber to get by me, thought I was in trouble at that point, was able to clear him pretty easily though as I was on fresh rubber and I got the impression he was on the rims, haha! Stu pitted in before I could even pass him, thanks mate! and I was on my way again, all was going smoothly, I was pacing myself just to make sure the tyres would last and also to avoid incident, had a pretty bad lose at the hairpin, turn 3 I guess you'd call it, with a couple of laps left, cost me about 8 or 9 seconds, then I told myself to settle down and just cruise to the finish, worked out in the end.

It's all about keeping out of trouble with these NASCAR's, I can't help but think some people are trying to drive the wheels off of them, it's just not the quickest way, besides, it's way too risky pushing at the limit of these things for 1 or 2 tenths advantage, which you probably only get for 1 or 2 laps, by which point the tyres are f#cked anyway, I dunno, honestly though, I'm just trying to steer clear of that hotlap mentality and I'm just cruising around, trying to avoid incident and it seems to be working a treat.
  9. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Yeh good win mate, I held the gap of 10 secs to you for a while, but didn't it blow out at the end. I think I did an extra stop over everybody else (4,6,6,6,5) so I had to drive the balls of it, ended up just getting 2nd by like 0.02. Bad luck cyber, it must of been hard trying to push on those 7th and 8th lap of your stints, I was making plenty of ground on those last 2 laps, just enough to make an extra pit worth it, gotta love making up strategy on the fly.
  10. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah I know what you mean Neish, I hadn't done a single lap on the mediums come race start, had no idea how they'd last, found myself doing the maths on the straights, trying to work out how many stops I'd have to make and when etc, had to do one 8 lap stint on the mediums, that was pretty treacherous to say the least!
  11. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Had a ball again, wish this game would let you talk, would have been some funny conversations last night. My tires were lasting ok but my concentration wasn't, used reverse gear 4 times on the first corner and had multiple offs, not a winning strategy. I did 5 on softs then 7, 8,7 or something like that, enjoying the casual racing and catching up with all the guys. Last race next week, we'll have to come up with another casual series for the Tuesday night and have it as difficult as this car has been, even happy to do the Nascar again lots of fun Stue well done on getting this up and almost filling the grid each week .
  12. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    We have a Tuesday night Kart series starting up after Nascar, still a spot there if your interested.

See thread: http://raceonoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1274
  13. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Well, it does. Just with the possibility of having a room of 15 players I play it on the safe side and set mics to disabled (which coincidentally is like my driving of a NASCAR).
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Glad you enjoyed it bonus. Something different, good fun. i think most of the guys have had good time, pretty full grid most weeks, such a pity the network is prone to F ups !!! very frustrating.

I will wait for things to settle down a bit for me before i start a new series. Reality is i have bitten off more than i can chew at the moment.

@snake, sorry mate, forgot about that hit.......i had one of my many moments and when i re-entered the track there was no-one coming, closing speeds there are pretty quick. by the time i saw you both was too late.

Results.

snake
    Neishy
    Cyber
    tek (good comeback mate !!)
    topcat
    aussie
    stu
    bonus
    aza
    rumbles
    clevo
    col.
  15. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Feeling in a similar boat. I am going to trim it back down to the Sunday league and 1 other series from now on. Will finish out the NASCAR ( and likely the Mazda) and then stick to 2 a week and the random 1-off races that are held.
  16. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Ladders and results updated in 1st post.

Down to snake and cyber for the championship, teams championship WIDE open !!!

MIght get the regs up for last round tonight
  17. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte

Oh really GT5 has voice chat, I had no idea. Thanks for clearing that up.
  18. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer I know it does technically let you talk but I was talking practically let you talk with a full room and not effect connections. All good, had to be this way with 15 guys and we still got to talk afterwards, might be up for some carts Clevo, put me down.
  19. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    You can't even run 6-8 cars with chat, Not without cars twitching bad.
  20. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Stu, I thought Neishy pipped Cyber for 2nd, has there been a protest or something?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.