GT5 TUESDAY NIGHT NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah these cars are insanely brutal eh, even when your not actually trying to drift, it's pretty bloody easy to get into one!
  2. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    ah aussie thinking of pulling out of the nascar team
    because i am only a hinderence to every body else and you have more chance of getting up the leader board with out me
    the last thing you want is some one holding up the traffic and spinning everywhere
    and besides i have seemed to be deleted from the list last nite anyway
  3. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i think you and clevo would do a lot better and i would hate to think that i was cause of you or clevo missing out on winning because my amiterish driving caused you to lose
    and it not fare to everyone else also
  4. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    and i did see the message about me posted in the room after the race
  5. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    @ Colin

Mate if anything regardless of position you gain, you are an advantage, as I see it we have three members gaining points, and not two like the rest of the teams. If you pull out now you will only make it harder for myself and Aussie to get on the leaderboard, you just turning up gets us points :)

Don't give up mate, I feel partly responsible as I have not been practising with you lately, but I have only been turning up to races and racing no prac as I have been crook for the last week and half and pissing off as soon as race is done.

Give it another week, see how ya go.

Take no notice of the other guys comments in the rooms ( Fact is they are quicker than us, and if they catch us and lap us they can bloody work for the position as far as I am concerned, they give us no free rides, plus we are ghost when they lap us anyway so we can't make contact with them, they are just being bloody sooks)

Mate take some cement in ya coffee and harden up :D

I will run some laps with ya on the weekend. See ya then.
  6. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks clevo i just thought that it would be easier for you
    after all i am all right on ovals but when it comes to tracks i suck
    and when i did not see my name in the finals list i put two and two together
    i will stay the last thing i want to do is jepidise you and aussie
    thanks for your kind words you aussie are TRUE FRIENDS AND SCOLARS
    i wont tell you what is going on in my life at the moment but is nice to have a larf and smile around friends
    you dont know how much i enjoy being on with you fellas
  7. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Col, sorry mate, that was an honest mistake :/ ......have added you in.

Dont worry about the other guys comments......just taking the piss mate. :p

All is good.

These mid week series are meant to be less serious than the the sunday league, that is why we have the sundays in a division format. !

Stick with it col, just takes some time mate.
  8. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    ^^^ This, there is absolutely no reason a leader should be whinging about a car he is lapping, you can drive straight through them, I don't see how it's an issue, maybe the only thing I would suggest, and I'm not having a go at you col, this goes for anyone, if you are aware that your pace is significantly slower than the leaders in qualifying, perhaps leave your lap until the faster guys have done theirs, being a 1 lap shootout means once they've done their lap they "should" be parked off the racing line anyway, this way you can go about your business without the pressure of a faster car breathing down your neck, and if you happen to have a whoopsie, there'll be no one behind you to have a sook about it!

Just a suggestion.

Don't be discouraged col, we're all here to have fun man, just have your whits about you and you'll be cruisin!
  9. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Wise words clevo and snake. Well said.

Col, the guys are more than keen for you to stay on, and i would be very disappointed to see you stop. Thats not what the forum or league races are about.

You said it yourself, you enjoy the company of the guys and they enjoy your company ! The racing side of things can be a steep learning curve, especially with some of the company you are in, but like all the guys, you have to start somewhere.

The only advice i would give, if you are trying to do the right thing, then you have no need to worry about anything. We all go in with our eyes open to the different levels of drivers, and get on with it.

I think some of the guys get caught up in the moment a little and things get said that dont sound the way they mean them.

Chin up col, keep plugging away, i know you aint going to get any faster if you stop !!!! When things slow down at work will be online more to try to help you out, along with the other guys.

Stu
  10. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks stu i fell like crying at the moment with those kind words from allof you
    onething can tell me why after the race i can see you all talking but cannot communicate and cant hear you also
    p.s my car was stuffed from the sart last night it was spitting and fartting and there was nothing i could do about it
    the max i could get was about 235-240
    i had to keep changing gears to keep revs up
  11. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No Worries col, Just remember its just meant to be fun. All of us at some stage get caught up in the moment and do and say things we regret or dont come out right. We are all guilty of it at some stage !!

After the race we all use the text function. No one had the mics on....... The text function is the white circle thingy with lines through it. Click on it and a text box comes up on your screen type in what you want, click enter and you message is displayed on the left.....

Not sure about your car though......i have had a glitch before where the car was dead and would die if i got it out of first but that was months ago......cant remember what i did to fix it, maybe a reset?? I assume you have changed the oil......dont think it would make it that bad though.

Not sure if i will be on tonight mate, but try with another car and see if the same thing happens. If it does you know its something with your settings .......

Cheers
    Stu
  12. colin-50_

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    thanks mate
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    My race didnt quite go to plan......

i stuffed my qual lap so parked it and started last, got a cracker start and made up about 4 spots into turn 2 but got a slight tap from jairo which sent me into the fence and killed the idea of running long in the first stint. All good though, that stuff happens on the banking.

From there i had a really clean race and bounced up as high as first with the undercut, but ultimately was 2 laps short and had to pit again, bloody dan got me by .03 for 4th..... lol.
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah Stu I thought I'd be racing you for the win at the end there but sort of suspected you'd struggle to make the tyres last that long, good effort though, seeee, if you limited power to 800 horses you might have made the distance! :p
  15. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    800, that defeats the purpose of tire shredding, donut making action !!!

If i hadve hooked up in qualy might have been a bit easier....... oh well.....
  16. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I got pushed into the pits on lap 20 odd, was pretty angry about it. How am i meant to know he gonna pit, If your gonna pit you should put your car to left of the track on the exit of the corner prior to the pits.

I'd got a good run the corner before the pits and cyber took the normal line so I took the inside line ready for the last corner. When he just come across on me and pushed into the pits, honestly I dont know how you couldnt see me as we were nose to nose. Plus IMO if your gonna pit you should be the one to giveway after all, you know your going to pit I dont......Anyway chit happens but I was pretty cut :(

So I had to do a handbrake 180 spin to get out of the pits and get back on track, after that I was to angry to continue.

I did hit Jairo a few laps before which cost abit of time to snake., nothing much you can do about those though. Came around turn one flat in 4th gear and there was a cloud of smoke in the middle of track. I took a punt and went low and a car just rolled out of the smoke in front of me and I copped full engine and suspension damage. :) Wasnt my night any way like a few others.

Aussie were you on the turps last night? Cause you were sliding around every where laps 1 and 2 it was hard being behind ya, I dint know if you were drunk or it was lag :p
  17. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Ah, I may have left my power limiter on from round one, :|

Will check when I get home.
  18. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    dont think so clevo, with tuning prohibited it wouldnt have let you to track......

@ tek, bugger mate. What you say is right, but am sure there was no intent there. Same thing happened with me and barra round 1 of the sunday league. I was on the inside and had no idea he wanted to pit, it got a bit ugly and while we didnt crash or anything it upset barras race.......

One of those things......was certainly some smoke signals being sent !!
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Ok now this is just my opinion, but Stu, in your scenario, (excluding any possible funny circumstances) if Flood saw you there, between his car and the pit entrance, he should have backed out of the throttle to get behind you and thus make the pit entrance, even if you weren't right up beside him, as tek said about his instance with Cyber, there's no way the guy NOT pitting is aware that the other guy intends to pit, so therefore, IMO, DO NOT expect him to get out of your way, if the guy intending to pit genuinely doesn't see his opponent then it can be called a racing incident.... IMO!! :rolleyes:

Tek, in your instance mate, is it possible that blinding glare you get as you exit the tunnel might have f#cked Cyber up a bit? I know I had some problems with that pit entrance, even the way the entry road breaks off from the main track is a :):):):):) imo, I found that if I stayed right over to the left I'd end up on the grass before I could turn in, so would stay closer to mid track before entry, luckily I never got into any tangles, shame it ruined your chances of a good result.
  20. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea I'll just say I dont hold any malice, it was just a racing incident and did happen in pretty much under a second. I was just pissed at the time, sometimes blurting it all out makes ya feel better.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.