GT5 TUESDAY NIGHT NASCAR

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by stucar17, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aza2672

Aza2672 Aron Baker Gold Member

PSN ID
    AB_Saints_25 (Formerly Aza2672)
    Yeah of course it was mate
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Guys thanks heaps for the support of this series.

Before I do up the tables and final point scores I want to put it out there that I am awarding cyber 4th place with bonus as he qualied there and was screwed over twice in 5 races. No idea what it does for any of the championship positions but it's my series so what I say goes !!!

Zamps, i will check the replay to see what happened.

Will get tables and stuff sorted ASAP.

Thanks again, might do an oval series in the future ..... Watch this space !

Cheers
    Stu
  3. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

eries was awesome, thanks for running it Stu :)

lol :lol:

I started out with all great intentions but running a race on a controller is fatal for me it seems. Sorry Snake, I cost us a possible 1st place as a team :(
  4. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries rumbles. Thanks for hosting mate.
  5. Rumbleshorts

Rumbleshorts Jonno

Glad I was able to help mate :)
  6. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Yea i had a quick look on the replay, believe I know how u feel zamps. Pretty easy to get over it quick this series like u said anyway.

Thxs stu. There were tears, sadness and happiness :) great series had fun.
    /cheers
  7. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    No worries Tek.....cheers.

Championship ladders updated.

CONGRATS SNAKE, NASCAR CHAMPION !!!!

Thanks to TC we managed to sneak into the teams Championship !!!!

Hope you all enjoyed it guys. I did........had some great battles over the 5 rounds.....

After 50 laps am still buggered if i know how to go fast round that track. I cant believe how much faster some of you were mid corner there, if i tried to go any faster my front tires went red and melted !!!! I tried the high line, low line, fast, slow, in the draft, out of the draft 3rd gear and 4th gear and didnt make a difference.......i sucked !!!

looked like some good battles, after about 15 laps i had no idea who i was battling with so just tried to stay out of the way and get a draft when i could, or keep up with whoever passed me for position !

Well done Aussie on the win, your much faster sober !!!!!!

Stu
  8. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    the series was fantatic Stu would love an oval series zoom left zoom left zoom left
  9. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    dunno how you guys got 16 laps out of a set of meds, mine were dead after 10-11, no fronts left at all.
  10. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Plus thanks for the series Stu, would definitely love an oval series.
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Nah mate, that was me running out of fuel at both of the ovals, did it from 2nd at Daytona and from 3rd last night, cost me 8 positions over the two races, thats a whole lot of points I bailed on! 23 points to be exact, oh and there was the incident at Indy Road where I stopped to let E finish in front of me, how the hell I still managed to clinch it is beyond me!
  12. MrTopCat

MrTopCat New Recruit

Congrats Snake, great series win mate. And Cyber, the road course kings. Top effort!!

Huge win last night Aussie. Pretty much a flawless race and strat. Dont think I saw you on track the entire race.

Thanks Stu for an amazing series. Its clear you are pushed to the limit with work and life in general at the moment, and to juggle 2 racing series at the same time (3 if you count organising next season), and take out the Teams Championship, shows your true metal buddy. Its been a blast racing with everyone this series, cant wait for the encore.
  13. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Cheers TopCat, like I said last night, I thought you and I were racing for 1st and 2nd at the end there, but Aussie made that strategy work well, really, really well, I didn't even consider it tbh, I just didn't think the tyres could last that long on the Nascar's, definately a superior strategy, I had a poor qually and had to fight to the front early on and by then Aussie was long gone, then he made one less stop, huge effort and tbh, a dominant win, well done Aussie!
  14. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks TC, Team champions has a certain ring about it !!!!!

Was good fun, thanks to everyone who showed up each week. Appreciate the commitment by everyone.

Hopefully by the time i have enough time to run another series GT8 will be out and there wont be any network issues !!!!!!

Looks like a few of the boys want to run some cracking series as well, so might leave it a while till we do an oval series with different race lengths and formats.

Congrats again snake on the championship, great effort. (did you get your little prize?)

Cheers
    Stu
  15. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    Yeah thanks fellas it was a big for me but a little to late in the championship..
    PIT STRAT.. Started on softs in Lap 6 for the mediums, then i think i pitted 16, 27 or 28, 38 then to the finish line.
    Stu think i was sober :lol: :lol:
    it was hard going as i really didn't know who was around me (no track names above the cars all race WIERD!!)
    So all i did was kept an eye on the pit lane to see who was stopping. :lol:
    All i know is Tek had the Slimey Green machine, TC had targets all over it, Snake had the Quack Quack machine, E had the raging bull, Squeaky drove the fastest postal derivery car, Ummmmmm yeah Col had the same car as me and Bonus had the chocy box (M&M)...

But back to race, all i thought was get to the front and raddle Bonus's M&M box for some lollies and then put a few arrows in TC target car :lol: (was looking to a good battle with you bonus and TC :( ) after that was all done i looked for Snake's Flying Quacky Machine 6th or 7th, so put the foot flat to floor pan to get away hoping the pack would clip his wings for me.. :p but that was not my problem i had a Slimey Green Snot machine Tek challanging for the lead. After a couple laps of drifting i got past Tek...

So i settled into a groove and held on for the ride.. after that i really didn't have any battles with any1 apart from Tek when i exitted the pits.

Ok now you Know my pit Strat but this was MY DRINK STRAT Lap 1 Full rum and coke, Lap 7 Yelled out to the missus Refill please!!!! then Lap 13, 20, 25, 31, 37, 42 (i kept the handbrake busy :p ) and then checked flag dropped i bolted little Lightening Mcqueen to the other oval office Arrrrrrrrr that better now refill and back to my simulator to collect my lollies and dollars..

Thanks Heaps Stu for the Series had a great time even at the back of the pack it was enlighting journey and i found i love these tyres eating cars just a little bit more.. But only a bit :p

Well Done Snake on the Series Crown mate, and to every1 else that raced top efforts fellas well done was a pleaure to drive with and battle with all :D
  16. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    I'm surprised you didn't doze off running lap after lap around an oval with no one in sight, haha, good stuff, and the oval office eh? I bloody like it! :lol:
  17. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah Snake i got a little droozy and had yawn but a good slap in the face sure wakes ya up :p
    And yeah the Oval office, think tank ummmmm lots of names it can be called. :D
  18. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  19. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Thanks koaster
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.