Logitech Logitech G29 - First Impressions and Review.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by JonoStan96, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Its actually not an issue, thats how it is meant to be recognized.This does mean that the Sequential won't work sadly since that is based off the G27, but the FFB levels, button assignments and what wheel the game recognizes you are using is all DFGT spec o_O
    Sam D Blacklock and seth123 like this.
  2. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    beakeroo likes this.
  4. groover33

groover33 shanan Gold Member

PSN ID
    Groover33
    So guys just letting you know after only having my g29 wheel for 3 months it's already :):):):) itself and i havnt even used it much maybe only once a week and for only a hour or 2 each time. It was working fine until last night it threw me into a wall and started going out to the main menu on the ps4 and trying to take screen shots.

So I Googled a forum on g29s and there are alot of people having the same problem, some people had there's di it straight away and some after 3 days to 2 weeks. I thought I would give logitech a chance at there new wheel but how I was wrong I should have listened to everyone else. So I will be getting my money back and getting a thrustmaster
    beakeroo likes this.
  5. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Yep, same issue a lot of us have had here mate.
  6. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hi guys, as some people of you may or may not have seen in my div 4 thread post from last night in which I mentioned I was having wheel issues. More specifically, issues with the up shift paddle. When racing last night (and as far as I understand it was only a race issue), my car whenever I pulled the shift up paddle would either shift me up 2 gears, or sit and redline with me having to pull the paddle 3 or 4 times before it shifted up. There were occasional times where it would run normally and shift up 1 gear correctly, but it seemed to be every one in 50 or so pulls of the paddle (about once every 3 to 4 laps I would get one up shift right). The thing that scares me most about it, was that it was only the up shift paddle. The downshift paddle was working correctly the entire night.

I guess my question in all this is, is it just a once off PCARS glitch, is it possibly a ps4 software/hardware issue or is it a wheel issue in which case I'll need to replace my wheel
    beakeroo likes this.
  7. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    I had that issue with my second G29 straight out of the box. Mostly it didn't work at all, sometimes it went to neutral and others it shift 2 or 3 gears.
  8. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Hmmm, if it's a serious issue, I will be taking it back to dick smith and demanding a replacement. Surely I can't have damaged it that badly in 3months of use
  9. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Dick Smith? Haha Good luck with that
    seth123 and beakeroo like this.
  10. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    That's where I got it from, if they won't help me, I'll be going to Logitech directly
  11. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    You do that
    seth123 likes this.
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    DSE will be gone by the end of the month. If you give it to them you'll never get it back. Take it directly to Logitech. I would contact them directly via Facebook if I were you.
  13. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Yeah ok, will have a look into it some more tonight and send Logitech a message tonight
  14. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    If you keep pulling it you will break it.

But back to the wheel issues, get it replaced
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  15. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Guess you have experience on pulling things until they break?
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    It's Hatfield, he doesn't just sit back and beat around the bush. He goes the full 9 yards
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Beau knows ;)
    Nathancarhead and Beau_Albert like this.
  18. Nathancarhead

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Did a few laps this morning with the wheel on both PCARS and f1 2015. Had no issues on f1, and when I went to PCARS I recalibrated my wheel, and there was no issue there. Changed up and down correctly. However if you guys still say it's a known issue I'll be sending Logitech a message later today making them aware of my issue and to see if they will replace it for me.
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Could just be a coincidence but it sounds similar to my one yes. There seem to be several different issues these wheels can develop, my first one was the share/options/PS buttons would activate randomly when I was turning the wheel around 90°.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    The only problem with my G29 it seems is they accidentally made it Bulletproof compared to the other examples of the wheel o_O
    I must wonder if you guys are potentially being too rough with the wheel? Because mine has not had a single hiccup reliability wise. Yet to fail me.
    Also, if your wheel does develop a glitch mid-session on a game, could you not pause, switch to PS3 then PS4 mode once again so it resets itself? Would that work?
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.