Logitech Logitech G29 - First Impressions and Review.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by JonoStan96, Jul 24, 2015.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Dick Smith aren't going anywhere just yet so keep your fingers crossed to those who bought it there.
  2. Cyberstig1

Cyberstig1 Rookie

PSN ID
    Cyberstig1
  3. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Advice needed
    I bought a T300 and it lasted a couple of months before failing. Sent it back at my expense and the replacement arrived 6 weeks later. The replacement lasted less than a week and died. Apparently I can get a refund this time but then I would have to decide on which wheel to get instead. Here's the options as I see it

1 Wait for a replacement....probably 6 weeks=miss season 8 BUT surely the third wheel will be ok
    2 Get a refund...probably take 2 weeks but should be able to source another wheel in town this week= race season 8 & learn new wheel
    2.1 Choose wheel : G29's sound ok but some are playing up, G27 probs better than driving force pro but pedals feel soft? Any others that warrant consideration?
    3 Give up racing

Opinions appreciated
  4. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    Dont give up on racing. I'm happy with my G29, havent had any issues with it, so i can see that as a viable option. But by the sounds of it, (as a few other roozers have had issues with their thrustmasters) its possible that thrustmaster have delivered a bad batch of their wheels and maybe its worth waiting another couple of weeks to see if it really was a bad batch as such
  5. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    the only g29 available in Cairns is $298 so that price has made my mind up.
  6. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    @Bryan_F made you an awesome offer to donate/borrow his old G25. Pay for postage and it gives you time to decide mate. Don't want to see u miss the season, this car is awesome.
    Personaly, I'm leaning towards upgrading to the G29 with upgraded brake spring over the thrusty's, seems like 90*/* of the recent batches of t300 are nothing but dramas. I just need something that's plug and play, and am happy with my current G27, just waitng for a good deal to come up again. Plus I custom built my cockpit to suit my G27, which I don't have time to rebuild, so that could factor into your decision too.
    Hit Bryan (legend offer bryan) up, and get racing, then decide mate.
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  7. arakasi-

arakasi- Professional

PSN ID
    arakasi-
    Who has it at that price at the moment?? Big chain store or local indy store??
  8. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    There have been equally as many problems with G29s I've heard. I think Ragoo had 2, I've had 2, Seowster has 1 and there was another I can't recall right now just in the PS4 PCars mob alone that had issues. The 300 I have heard can have issues with heat and yes there may be an issue with Thrustmaster QC at the moment as I've actually had to send back a new T500RS that was DOA and then the replacement has a bad clutch which they have sent out a new set of T3PA Pros to replace them.

I absolutely love the T500RS now I've gotten used to it a bit in the last few days I've had it. It's amazing and makes the 29 feel like a plastic toy in comparison (though I loved it whilst I had it and hasn't used a better wheel) not sure how you'll go downgrading from a 300 to a 29 though.
  9. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    If you're not keen on taking my long-in-the-tooth G25, your best bet would probably be this: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/game...iving-force-racing-wheel-for-ps3-and-ps4.html
    Combine with this http://harveynorman.lyrishq.com.au/combined_sign_up/ for another $25 off.

On a side note, the T300 pedals are no match for my G25 setup with GTEye brake spring, so I bought an adaptor from Ricmotech and they now work perfectly with my T300 base.
  10. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I did consider your generous offer byran however the postage and 'what if it failed while i had it' put me off. I just got back from picking up the harvey norman super special g29 ($298) They had plenty of wheels there too. At least if it fails I will deal locally instead of having to freight wheels back and forth as I am doing with the thrustmaster.
    I did like the T300 when it worked but it was so inconsistent that pretty much anything that gives me solid performance will be better.
    Easyprey007 likes this.
  11. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    harvey norman mate
    arakasi- likes this.
  12. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    G29 isn't too bad at all. I would like to map the brake to the clutch pedal though. The feedback motor is a bit 'gratey' compared to the t300 but otherwise ok. Three laps in at SPA and I'm running the same time as t300 and actually driving the car smoother. I am not disappointed with it so that is the main thing
    LOL this thread turns up on the first google page for the search.....switch brake and clutch on g29
    Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  13. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    A mate used the clutch as brake fine on PCars, he didn't like how close the pedals were. The brake pedal on the 29 feels excellent.
  14. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    Do you know if he remapped it through the game? There is no G29 listed in GT6 for remapping
  15. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    The G29 isnt an official wheel for GT6, I think it comes up as a G25 (hence why the G29 shifter doesn't work on gt6). I assume you could remap the pedals on gt6 just like you would for any other wheel, but just remember it wont come up as G29
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)

I'd say that's a job well done :D
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Yeah it's like Nathan said above. G29 is not officially supported and I think it might actually appear as a DFGT?
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    @Beau_Albert you had the same issue didn't you?
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. incey

incey World Champion

PSN ID
    incey
    I've looked though all the wheel settings on GT6 and can't find any mention of pedals. I'll just have to do a bunch of practice to get used to it. I've been off the track heaps of times so far pressing the clutch instead of the brake and no matter how hard you jam the clutch it doesn't slow you down
  20. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Keep at it mate, sure it'll do the job eventually lol