Logitech Logitech G29 - First Impressions and Review.

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Systems & Troubleshooting' started by JonoStan96, Jul 24, 2015.

1. jthomas2000

jthomas2000 New Recruit

Dick Smith has great deals at the moment, really should check every couple of days... After missing the ~$300 G29 last monday, I managed to score a T300RS for $225 delivered :D
    Spidey_11 and Clevohead like this.
  2. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I was given a G29 for Christmas, and have spent the last week building a table to set it up on. Finally had a crack with the G29 last night, and did a bit more running this morning. This is my first wheel, all of my previous racing in leagues has been on a controller. Firstly, the FFB seemed a shock to me. Stock it felt perfectly weighted on PCARS and seemed great to run with. Personally i think the pedals are excellent also, the throttle works perfectly and i previously thought the brake pedal lacked travel, but now that i am using it, i reckon it has just the right amount of travel. Cant say much about the clutch just yet as I'm lacking the shifter (keeping an eye out for a good deal, EB still want to charge upwards of $80). Overall, its a great feel personally and i am really enjoying my time with it. I love the abundance of buttons and dials all over the wheel and i am really enjoying the feel of the cars as i drive them. Certainly looking forward to doing some proper racing with the wheel!
    Clevohead likes this.
  3. zuluwoffle

zuluwoffle Team Driver

PSN ID
    zuluwoffle
    I too got a G29 for Chrissy and my last wheel was an old Mad Catz on my PS2 so it's been some time and no wonder with a :):):):) steering wheel like that.:poop:

I've found it great to use on PCars once configured but really lacking on F1 2015 but I think that's because there just isn't enough configuration settings in F1.

My only gripe was the pedals, they just felt too light, so I recently upgraded the brake spring to the GTEye brake spring, switched the stock brake spring to the clutch and the clutch spring to the throttle and found that improved the pedals a LOT! Definitely able to get that sense of pressure from them now and it's just at that level where you can still use the pedals barefoot or in socks but you've definitely got to brace the pedals against something or hard mount.

I'd be interested to see what everything felt like compared to the Thrustmaster T300 but hey I'm not going to complain. My lap times so a huge improvement and I'm happy with it so that's all that matters. :D
    Spidey_11 and Clevohead like this.
  4. Spidey_11

Spidey_11 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    Spidey_11, Steam ID - spidey_11
    How did you pick up such a bargain?!
  5. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    DS were flogging off a lot of stuff prior to going into administration.
  6. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    I wonder if he actually received it
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  7. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    @jthomas2000 do you have the link / company / site where you got this from. Would love to let my mates know so I can get them into racing.
  8. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    @Spidey_11 the deal is long gone mate.

Keep your eye on the Shoutbox and on OzBargain.
    Any G29 deals will normally be passed on here.
  9. Spidey_11

PSN ID
    Yeah but, I'm actually asking him where he got it from.
    I've got a t300rs but paid a lot more for it. I could assume he bought it from dick smith or something but I was wanting to know the actual place, shop, website or whatever it was
  10. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    It was an online deal on the Dick Smith Website, It would be nice to know if he actually received it
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  11. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    As above, it was from Dick Smith, and not likely to happen again at any other shop unless they go belly up as well lol
  12. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    I got my t300rs for the same price as part of that massive sale DSE had in Dec... I stumbled across it in the online store and posted it up in the chat box. I assume only limited numbers were being cleared out and i doubt it'll be repeated anywhere

I thought it may have been too good to be true but yes it arrived within a few days of ordering.
    SuiCid3, Clevohead and Peter Wise like this.
  13. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Excellent buy mate!
  14. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    So 4 and a half months on and my G29 stuffed up on Saturday. The option/share/PS buttons would depress on their own whilst the wheel was at 90°
    No biggy, popped into EB on Sunday and they replaced it. Got chatting to some of the guys here and heard about several others with similar issues and one who even has a 'bald spot' on the ffb
    Anyway set my new wheel up and works great, that is until I stopped using the shifter and switched to paddles. They don't work at all.
    Decided to cut my losses and get a refund, ordered a different wheel.

Not saying that these wheels are no good as I've thoroughly enjoyed it up until now, just hold onto your receipts guys just in case.
    JonoStan96 and seowster like this.
  15. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Considering how rushed the development of the wheel was I can't say I'm shocked.
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  16. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    Bald spot??? Do the Logitechs have hair? :p

Did you go for T300???
  17. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Nah, went with the 500
    seowster likes this.
  18. t_b_williams

t_b_williams Tim Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    t_b_williams
    I would hold onto my receipt but it came from Dick Smith. Which means it means sweet bugger all now.
    beakeroo likes this.
  19. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    I got mine through dick smith as well, although as far as i understand from australian consumer law, if you have a faulty product and cant take it back to the place you brought it from, then you take it back to the manufacturer, in this case logitech
  20. colin-50_

colin-50_ Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    colin-50_
    i got mine from harvey norman for $300 and the shifter for $49 and love it
    Watto64, zuluwoffle and SuiCid3 like this.