Division 1 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    As far as the accelerator and brake go they still use a potentiometer so you could try cleaning out the sensor body. It's not that difficult, a small amount of hair or dust can cause a variation in resistance. A cotton tip works well, just be carefully around the pickup prongs. You could also swap the clutch potentiometer for the brake/accelerator potentiometer and see if it that helps .
  2. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I have minor brake and throttle sticking yes.....but that is nothing compared to the problem with the wheel. Normal input while racing would normally be around 90 degrees left and right. When the problem strikes this becomes more like 180-270. I pretty much need a toggle on my wheel to take bends. It's kinda weird also that the car sometimes doesnt respond at all until I get around past 180 degrees, then all of a sudden goes full lock and smoke starts pouring off the front tyres. As you can imagine, this isn't great when i'm trying to conserve my tyres. I can't find anything on the net about this. It's kinda annoying. Could this be an issue with GT5 maybe?.....I should test it out on some other games when I get a chance.
  3. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I just had a look on eBay and you can get a replacement potentiometer to suit the g25/27 for about $11 delivered. And as the ad says "they do wear out ". For $11 it's probably worth a try .
  4. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Thanks mate, i'll look into that to fix my pedal sticking issue.
  5. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Steering problem could be motor related because the pickup sensor for the steering input is in the motor as far as I'm aware. Just a theory .
  6. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

hey everyone. i wont be able to join todays race again, as we are going out motorbike riding (its a bit late, but everyone wants to go). this morning i only did about 6-8 laps practice being a bit unsure if we were going or not. i ended up getting down into the 46's with a 1 46 4, but that doesnt really matter if youre not gonna be there lol. im gonna get massively gained on or even overtaken in points, but thats okay, theres always next week hopefully :). have fun
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Hope u guys had a good race. Hopefully i'll be back in action next round.
  8. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Neishy had a good one, well done Neishy good win.
  9. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah props to Neish, a deserved winner, spoiled my own race this time around, with about 10 laps practice under my belt before I joined you guys just before the race, I wasn't expecting much, in the end though, if it wasn't for my 2 spins I would've been challenging for the win I reckon, in my last 7 lap stint I cut the gap to Neishy from 55 seconds to 33 in the end, was pretty happy with that, and I was sitting on a similar pace to Blue who was one of the quickest if not the quickest in terms of raw pace on the night.

Qualy was pretty average from my point of view, put in a banker, a low 48, pitted, did my outlap, :):):):)ed the hairpin before the last corner and bent my steering so was particularly slow through the last turn heading into my flyer, then proceeded to bin it at the first corner, lol, wasn't too pleased with myself to say the least, ah well, started 4th in the end (I think), my pb earlier was a 47.7 but couldn't match it, I know I could've gone mid 47's atleast given more practice but :):):):) happens (Star Wars: The Old Republic) haha! Anyway, I had a fun race once I got it together, would've loved to have been up the pointy end giving Neishy a hard time but hey, it wasn't to be, now onto Suzuka we go, looking forward to that one!

I had that wierd time glitch where is say's your splits are 99:59... and so on last night too, not sure what that means, and then Enforcer mentioned he had no tire noise and I noticed I had the same issue, probably should have bailed and rejoined when I saw the splits when I first entered, ah well, don't think it effected my lap times, would've been nice to hear if I was on the edge or not though.
  10. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Thanks Solid Snake, I was definately taking it easy for most of the last stint, due to hurting my tyres getting past two battling cars that were a pit stop down on me, and also because I could afford to. Thats gotta be my best drive ever on GT5, theres not really anything I would've done differently.

Would you guys believe me if I said I only started practicing 3 hours before the race, the 1st hour was just me trying to get used to GT5 again after playing Iracing all week, the 2nd hour my nephew was running a muck in the practice room picking fights with Enforcer, 3rd hour I stopped to eat dinner and got a couple of laps in before qually, did my first 48 in qually (and got kicked at start).

Watch the replay from when I left the pits (lap 11) to when i got past blueyonder (lap 13ish), probably my best driving to date, neither one of them wanted to lose any time to each other, had to pick them apart one by one, some very tense moments for me there.
  11. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    DIVISION 1 Race results, round 5, Grand valley speedway, 21 laps.

FINISHING ORDER. BEST LAP.

1st - NOS_Neishy4A-gte. 1.48.073.
    2nd - natmanscoop. 1.48.563.
    3rd - thestig-13. 1.50.443.
    4th - ENFORCER_98. 1.48.192.
    5th - blueyonder-666-. *1.47.797.*
    6th - SNAKEiSM. 1.48.015.
    7th - Cyber_stig_77. 1.48.818.
    8th - NOS_bonus_888. 1.49.707.
    9th - JAIRO-219. 1.50.280.
    10th - vH1GHLAND3Rv. 1.51.836.
  12. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Well my race started with an average qualifying lap then things went downhill from there. Lap 1 was ok holding my start position (think it was 5th) then on lap 2 exiting turn 1 Enforcer lost control and plowed into my car sending me off the road, i tried hard to avoid him but he was full throttle into the side of me. This let Jairo past and he proved a difficult competitor to pass. I went for a move into turn 1 on lap 4 but was toooooo hot and ended up with 1 wheel off the track. I limped back onto the track with no other car in sight then just as i was getting back up to speed i get pit maneuvered by Enforcer pretty well ending my race ( thanks Enforcer). From that point on my race was pretty well over, the temptation to quit was strong but though better of it and pressed on. My theory at this point was to 1 stop the race, i knew it was risky with the atrocious tire wear that Grand valley hit us with but i took the gamble anyway and by lap 9 was regretting it through every corner from that point on. oh well thats the way it goes sometimes.
    anyway Congrats to Neishy for a stellar effort and a convincing win.
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers Cyber. Big mix up on the leaderboard this week.

Big movers =
    Neishy, 9th to 5th. Congrats on the win.
    Natman, 13th to 10th. Congrats on the podium.

Jezza's still fairly secure in top spot for the championship, but Cyber and blueyonder are in close contention for the runner up spot at this stage. With drop your worst round, Chev and Neish have a sniff at the podium too. Gonna be an interesting finish this season. ;)
  14. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Damn you Blue, I was hoping to atleast get the fastest lap honours, haha! I knew it'd be close though, well done mate.

Edit, just looking at the leaderboard, my first race was a P3, then I got The Old Republic, it's been downhill ever since :lol: To be fair though, a couple of my race results have been skewed by the actions of others, but I'm not too fussed this season, I haven't been committed to practicing so can't be too disappointed when I get poor results, I think I'm actually having more fun just rocking up and thrashing it about though tbh, if I can hit level cap by the time next season starts I'll be more committed though, then look out Jezza! Haha, jokes, obviously.
  15. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

You boys better look out in these last 2 rounds. I'm gonna try and put in some good practice this week and just hope that my wheel glitch doesn't rear its ugly head. Suzuka and Nurb are 2 of my fav tracks. That 2nd place in the championship is as good as mine.
  16. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

lol you wish chevwah
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    Bring on the 1.46.xxx's then chev , lol
  18. Neishy

Neishy Rookie

PSN ID
    NOS_neishy4a-gte
    Hey shouldn't the enduro this week be 40 laps instead of 30? I thought the enduros were double length races and since we do 40 min races now, 40 laps @ 2min gets us our 80 min race. anybody with me?
  19. aussie_man21

aussie_man21 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    aussie_man27
    yeah m8 i would have to agree m8, just what i want Anon to kill us by 30 mins not 30 secs :lol:
  20. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    mention it to bonus mate as he set it up I'm not sure, I dont think we ever had a rule where enduros need to be double in time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.