Division 1 (S6)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by carn_the_pies, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    My bad, have added that in now snake.
  2. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Cheers bud, just don't forget to take them away again when I drop that round later, at least I hope that will be the low point of my season :|
  3. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Thanks for doing the ladder Carn.
  4. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    koastr did most of it mate, i just did div 1
  5. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Yer Thanks Koaster too.
  6. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

is anyone else finding autumn ring the slipperyest track ever!!! its unrealist i think. is it just me?
  7. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    I love Autumn ring it's such a challenging track, your always on the edge of death lol. it will certainly sort the men from the boy's ! can't wait. i think the grip level is ok it's just the roll and camber of the road plus the long long corners that effect the grip levels.
  8. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I think this will be some of the closest, most challenging racing we will encounter in this league. It is a very challenging track, and in the powerful RWD ZR1, anything could happen.
  9. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No probs ;)
  10. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    My gameplan will be to just take it real easy out there on Sunday night, I figure if I can avoid any incidents I should be able to snag a decent result, I can see some pretty lairy moments occurring, but I haven't even turned a lap yet so what would I know! Speaking of which, I'll try to get on tonight for a run, if you see me on, feel free to join.
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

I might be keen tonight, at 9 or 10 maybe.
  12. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    ill try to join you guys tonight as well.

Probs about 9.30 ish
  13. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

yeah ill come on tonight too
    ill send u a friend request snake
  14. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Im in too, if I remember.
  15. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

I might try to join aswell, to see what its like if im not too stuffed from work, if im allowed in.

How did the race go on sunday? You could have had a win snake..
  16. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

Hey cyber. Is there any way you would be able to put your lounge track to route x? Id like to do some stuff on it tonight without being kicked out of every online room lol. If this is in the wrong area just move it
  17. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    No worries jezza, I knock off at about 6 so I'll do it when I get home
  18. jezza1

jezza1 Rookie

Cool thanks cyber
  19. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Yeah Jezza, I was leading early on mate but made some stupid mistakes once the tires went off, threw it away, had a bloody horror race to be honest, will endeavour not to do it again, that's for sure.
  20. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Good racing tonight boys. I was looking good in the practice before the race, with a PB of 1:12.5xx. Once the room was reset something very strange was happening with my wheel. The best time I could manage was a 1:13.5xx. I almost had to go full lock on some of the bends just to barely make it around, literally going hand over hand as if I was driving a semi or something. Also I noticed that my grip levels were way down compared to practice, whether that was a side effect of the wheel playing up, or something else i'm not sure. I went into the pits 3 times in qualy, hoping it would right itself, but it didn't. So in the end I probably only did 1 hot lap, if you could call it that.

Starting from 5th I jumped past Neishy into turn 1, puting me into 4th. I knew straight away that the wheel was still being funky, and that my arms would be jelly by the time the race was done lol. I kept plugging along, wrestling the car through the corners. I was planning to do a 1 stop, as I had tested it out a few days earlier. Unfortunately the funky wheel had a habit of smoking the front tyres into, and through the corners, which I hadn't planned for. I had to pit at the end of lap 14 as the tyres were rat :):):):).

During my second stint, I had to be alot more careful, as I knew I wouldn't make it home if I was too rough on the tyres. After about lap 20 I was starting to get used to the truck steering rack in my car, and I got a bit smoother. My lap times were still horribly slow though. In the last 5 laps I went from 2nd back to 7th, as I had a couple of moments with a sticking throttle through some of the tighter corners. I just couldn't hold the car through the bends, and my arms were ready to fall off. I'm amazed that I didn't make any major mistakes in the entire race, except for a shortcut penalty when the Vette just would not turn even at full lock, but my pace was just too slow throughout to get a good result.

I'm sorry to anyone who I may have hit or sideswiped on some of the tighter bends, the car was just pulling to the outside so much even with fresh tyres. It was fun though boys, grats to the front runners, wish I could have been up there.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.