Season 3 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 11, 2016.

1. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    Im pretty sure we've been running the rooms this season so far with crash damage set to off, or at least to cosmetic only anyway?
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    game over as, you have now rolled 7 times but will re spawn one day later this week, having damage on would be cool I personally think. ahhh dont think this seasons run any form of damage
  3. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    Each to their own, I've used it a lot and think it's a tonne of fun. That's what I'm here for. Anyway I'd much prefer open wheeler.

Cosmetic only AFAIK.
  4. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    i guess i have been lucky and not hit a wall hard yet bless these tracks with the run off's im sure ill hit something soon :whistling:
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Too busy hitting other people instead lolol
    Kieran_B33 and seth123 like this.
  6. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    hitting the apex's
    Kieran_B33 and JonoStan96 like this.
  7. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    I completely forgot about the SRX Turbo! I love that car!
    I hope I'm not the only one but having a car with downforce and crap road legal tires means the thing is four wheel drifting everywhere while still holding onto the road! I beg anyone to download it and try it on Brands, Snetterton, Donnington because it's a really enjoyable car to drive.;)
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  8. Clevohead

Clevohead Taswegian Ambassador Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Clevohead
    We could always run this bad boy:
    [​IMG]
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  9. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Season 1 and 2 have both lacked in one department. That department being racing. Yes there have at times been close battles with other drivers but these are generally short lived. The unpredictably of both cars make side by side racing difficult. For season 3 I'd like to see a more predictable car, with increased downforce and increased grip to power ratio. This should promote close, clean side by side action and should also mean that the car selected is more controller friendly.

My top non DLC cars would be:
    Formula C - IMO the perfect amount of power and grip. The formula gulf is just a tad too slow, while the formula B is so fast that it would detract from close racing even though it is very driveable.
    Scion FR-S - What this car lacks in the power it definetley makes up for in the quality of racing it produces. Very similar characteristics to that of the ginetta junior which was by far my most enjoyable series in PCars to date.
    Radical SR-3 RS - Perfect balance of power and grip. Doesn't like kerbs but that will simply deter those that like to push corner cutting limits to the extreme.

In addition can we please not go through the same voting system as season 2. Simply start off with a poll of favourable cars put forward by the community with multiple votes. The top 2 or 3 then go forward to a 2nd poll with just a single vote to determine the winner.
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  10. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    just do it
  11. Killercarlcox69

Killercarlcox69 Professional

PSN ID
    Killercarlcox69
    :poop:
  12. beakeroo

beakeroo Professional

PSN ID
    Steam ID: beakeroo iRacing: Frederick Barr
    :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:
  13. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'm all up for Formula C or below open wheeler for S3 :thumbsup:

Can I also suggest we compact divs from 4 to 3 if numbers stay the same as quite a lot sign up before a series starts but some don't show up when it begins, not to mention the occasional no shows during some races for various personal reasons etc.
  14. finchy

finchy Rookie

well said
    Nathancarhead and autech91 like this.
  15. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Seeing as we have a bye this week, and looking around i can't seem to see any events happening on Sunday..... for those that are still around at usual League Time this week, is anyone interested in trying out a few of these cars suggested for next season?
    Maybe a 10min Sprint in the Formula B's, C's, Radical SRS and the V8 Supercar with a Random Grid? Would love to see how some of the suggestion's handle a race situation :)
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    yeah sure.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  17. cowdoesfly

cowdoesfly Rookie

PSN ID
    cowdoesfly
    Can't Wait!
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  18. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    will try to get on tonight mate and join you.....love the sound of those 3 cars to try.....keen to see if they are good in standard trim.
    Beau_Albert likes this.
  19. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I'll hopefully be on as well after I finish a couple of oil changes today :thumbsup:
    Beau_Albert and stucar17 like this.
  20. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Cant wait for some side by side racing in the formula C's tonight! The other cars are great but the more time I spend driving the formula C the more I fall in love with it. No need to worry about spending hours fiddling with suspension settings in this car. Simply adjust tyre pressures to suit the track and away you go. The fuel tank is also the perfect size at 40 litres which is good for just over 40 minutes of racing around most tracks (in the dry) so it would be a guaranteed 1 stopper for everyone in normal rounds and at least 2 in the enduro. Whether or not you change tyres is entirely up to you and given how close the racing is expected to be in these things would expect a few to pit early for a splash and dash and to get some clean air. The car also feels brilliant in the wet so there's definitely the opportunity to be a little more adventurous with weather settings. I for one would definitely like to see a race that transitions from dry to wet or vice versa.

If the V8SC were to win expect to see a season dominated by those who get the chance to tune from week to week. The cars a lot of fun to drive don't get me wrong but is in need of a serious tune around every track to get the most out of it. Passing opportunities in it around most tracks are few and far between. For those who want to get their V8SC fix simply hit up @seth123 V8SC series on Friday nights.

It kinda sucks that season 3 is still at least 2 months away :( Never the less see you all tonight!
    Beau_Albert and seth123 like this.