Season 3 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 11, 2016.

1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Formula car would be magical and very easy to plant anywhere on the track. Racing should be close and the points till the final round should be closer!
    The V8SC is a nice car but such a demanding drive really a car you either nail or drive 5 seconds off the pace relaxing. But guess testing tonight and in the future will help the decision.

Don't forget the radicals either!
    JonoStan96 and stucar17 like this.
  2. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    would like to get it down to a few options so we can start to get the new season stared....think we should test tonight with NO Tune so we can get a feel for them "if" we go down that path.
  3. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Given nothing has changed game wise since the great debate of season 2 and that the merc was considered as one of the best cars out of the box that would simply be counter productive.
  4. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I'll agree with CAGM there. I think after all the issues we found with Tuning OFF on PCars before S2, i think Tuning On is the best place to start.
    Was planning on doing a 10min Practise Session, followed straight up by a 10min timed sprint race with random grid, so no one is exactly going to stray too far away from default setup within 10mins anyway :)
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  5. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Tuning off its a worry that we cant access tyres from the pits hmmm
  6. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    am still curious to see if there is any way that we can make it work....perhaps with wear on real and a compulsory stop to mix it up? From memory, the only issue would be making sure that everyone was on the correct fuel, some had said they would look to exploit that particular glitch.....
    If the wear is real, it wont matter as everyone will get through to the end.....

The downside of no tune is that it does limit the cars we can use, and also tracks.....it also limits the pit options, which will be restricted anyway depending on what wear we run.

Upside of tuning is it does open up the car and track list, but personally i have HATED chasing time in the tune. I know i am not the only one, however to be fair, its prob a 50/50 split for and against....

Anyway, lets test a few and go from there
  7. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Tuning should be on, it's not like GT6 they have made it incredibly difficult to run a series without tuning with the limitations you get.

besides if your struggling for tunes there is always http://projectcarssetups.eu/
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    NON tune just sounds overly buggy and that was proven prior to this season..
    removing the feature takes away what makes this game different to GT6 and worse
    just becomes a predicable dry race to dry race to dry races

I personally don't have a lot of time to play this game but when I do I want it to be smooth, If my opponent is going to have practise during the week he should beat me from experience not because he may have a tune.
    if someone's going to beat you they are going to beat you. Just my $.02
  9. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Think i'll just run tuning ON tonight to stop anymore debates breaking out :p
    Once this process goes much further on and we actually have a car selected, then the mods can say whether Tuning goes ahead or not. As for right now, i think just to make sure the night has as little interruptions as possible and to save drama of changing car setup in main menu to have equal fuel to the rest of the grid and all the other niggles, tuning shall remain ON.
    It's a test session of the cars tonight, not a test session for the game itself ;)
    Room up at Quarter to 8, we'll kick off with the Radicals's, then move onto the 2 Formula Cars, finishing off with some Aussie V8's. See ya's there!
    Sam D Blacklock and stucar17 like this.
  10. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Well I'd much rather a real wear season over a tuning season, I had tyre wear glitches twice during the season where after 9laps my left front was on 5% where as no one else had to pit but I had to twice.

Also the v8 supercar as my preference
  11. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yes I am aware that you and others felt they were chasing time this season. What I don't understand is why people feel they must change their setup from round to round to be competitive? I personally haven't changed anything other than tyre pressures and final gear ratio since round 1 (It doesn't exactly take a mechanical engineer to master these settings). The tune of which was an almost identical replica of Noxrai's setup which has been posted all over the forums. Now I've been competitive at some tracks and miles off the pace at others. Where i've been off the pace has been because of a lack of practice. Sure a couple of tenths may have been because of tune but its amazing how much time can be found in this game through practice which will always be a factor regardless of whether its tune or no tune. Hell the biggest issue this season has been the fact that controller users and harsh wheel users have been forced to pit.

As far as the season 3 car goes even with tuning on the car should be good out of the box as far as suspension and diff is concerned as this will minimise the amount of time the tuners among us will be able to get out of the car. But tuning is unavoidable. The Formula C for example requires front tyre pressures to be dropped heavily around most tracks as they simply don't heat up making the car having the turn in capabilities of a nascar and a far from enjoyable experience.
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  12. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    I get it Musta, however for a lot of people its the rock up and drive aspect that appeals with the Non Tune setup. I know for myself i spent hours trying to find extra time, and could have been 2 from 2 at the start of the season so i do have an open mind to it....my opinion isnt because of crap results.....maybe it would be different if i hadnt been DSC numerous times ! Also, tunes are personal, so what works for 1 doesnt work for everyone else.....having the same car across the field know know everyone is on a level playing field.....

That said, i do agree that the way the non tune settings work it does make it incredibly tough to have a good compromise...

I agree that the guys who prac lots will "generally" win regardless of the rules and regs.....
  13. stucar17

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Based on your first 2 sentences CAGME, there is really no point to having the tuning on then !

Fact is the Merc is very low downforce, so the changes are minimal....i think if we went to a high downforce car the tuning process will be much harder when combining BOTH mechanical and aero grip. As i said earlier, the NON TUNE lack of flexibility make it "almost" impossible to use, so i get it.
  14. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Tunes on Pcars can be pretty universal from my experience, really it comes dowm to adjusting downforce, gearbox, tyre pressures and spring rate to suit the track and off you go, all problems are solved. CAGM's point is that some drivers are doing more harm than good changing too much each race. Unless you were going from Monaco to Monza, drastic changes to your car aren't really necessary.
    seth123 and COME_AND_GET_ME7 like this.
  15. Nathancarhead

Nathancarhead Team Driver

PSN ID
    nathancarhead
    which formula cars tonight? FC and FB? can I also suggest the Formula Gulf
  16. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Don't really want to add another car, the 4 cars already lined up takes us about 20mins overtime for what the league races normally do
    As for a Season Car, i'm not sure the FGulf would be entirely enjoyable. I like something you need to wrestle to get laptime out of, a Sub 200bhp mini-F1 doesn't quite do it for me at least :p
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  17. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Yea, idk about FB tho FC seems to be the sweet spot when we start using really slow open wheelers like Gulf it takes ages and ages to warm the tyres up ( very boring )
    COME_AND_GET_ME7 likes this.
  18. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Can anyone name any form of motorsport that has no form of tuning or set up adjustment
  19. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Hire kart racing
    Kieran_B33 likes this.
  20. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    "Any form of Motorsport"
    Not child's play ;)