Season 3 car discussion

Discussion in 'PCLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Mar 11, 2016.

1. COME_AND_GET_ME7

COME_AND_GET_ME7 Professional

Yes but are all Karts created equal? By the sound of your rants with rocketrod i'd take that as a no ;)
    Benjamin J Smith likes this.
  2. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I always hear him sooking the number he gets is slow, could be the driver tho :whistling:
  3. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Here we go again....
    seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  4. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

Rocket rod is 30kg light then me so i have a HTO series weight penalty
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  5. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    My 2c.

I dont get on for prac until saturday arvo if im lucky and i havent had an issue with getting a tune. As far as im concerned if youre gonna commit to a league every weekend then its not much more to spend half hour to an hour making some changes to the car. The guys on here with the addition of our friend google make tunes easy to get ahold of.

Im in either way but dont understand the hate directed at possible tuning series again.
    Nathancarhead, seth123 and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Thanks to the few that were able to make it on, Easter always makes finding others to race a little difficult :p
    For me tonight, it definatley comes down to the Radical SR3-RS and the Formula C.

While the Formula B was cool, i feel like it was too quick at times to actually promote racing, and more of a single file follow the leader parade, plus while i like this aspect to a degree; with much higher concentration required, one wheel on the grass often pulls the car dramatically toward Said grass. Making any small moment, a rather large one.
    V8 Supercar, while i try to be unbiased on it, i just can't help but dislike it. I feel like that car will simply crown champions at the end of the season who have all the time in the world to tune, or have a great know-how of tuning. Anyone else will simply be left scrambling to put the power down, resulting in the only overtakes being when you stumble across someone facing backward. Could just be me speaking from my experiences of a heavy right foot though :p
    Formula C i think needs a bit of tuning to get going, has a lot of mid-corner push on medium speak corners, but perhaps has the potential to create good racing on the shorter variants of circuits of Stop-Start nature. Typical GP tracks i'd probably want to stay away from!
    Radical SR3-RS gets my vote however.... it's got enough power to not be boring yet isn't too overkill like it's brother, the SR8-RX. It's got phenomenal grip and turn in, yet can very easily snap if you ask too much, but can be saved once again if your quick enough reacting. It's gearbox is long enough to make slipstreaming a huge factor too, and with only 258bhp, i think at places such as Hockenheim National and Brands Hatch, we could get some great pack racing. Definatley think this one could be something special!
  7. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    In short you want a car that drives itself and any driving input is too much lol
    v8power383 and JonoStan96 like this.
  8. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Damn Vette fanboys
    Kieran_B33, Nathancarhead and seth123 like this.
  9. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    LOL
  10. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    Quite the opposite! I'd rather have to hustle a car to get time out of it then be Mr.Smooth, just i want to feel like i'm racing, not skating on ice for my life.
    Let me be a fanboy in peace, we won the Sebring 12hrs and Daytona 24hrs 2 years on the trot, bring on Le Mans :inlove:
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
  11. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I reckon the super cars a great car once you give it some time
    Attacks curbs really nicely and promotes great racing being a touring car and the success Rooz has had with Sunday league touring cars it puts the taxi high up

I'm still on the fence at the moment the radical was nice but felt too easy for a drive point power blah blah :unsure:

Mechanical grip cars seem to be the goods for close league racing although all the cars are good and I'm now confusing myself :cry::mad::confused:
  12. v8power383

v8power383 Professional

PSN ID
    v8power383 Turn Left Racing
    Carerham SP/300.R
    Caper Monterey Stockyard
    Ford MkIV
    McLaren P1
    Pagani Zonda R
  13. COME_AND_GET_ME7

Definetley a toss of the coin between the radical and the FC. Still fairly biased towards the FC as you can be ultra competitive on a controller with it. Both cars will suit similar tracks and the FC offers more in terms of strategy too as the radical uses only 3/4 of the fuel of the FC but has a 50% bigger fuel tank. Yet to try the radical in the wet but the FC felt great.

Either way if these two cars were to make the final poll we'd be in for a cracking season. Only 63 days to go till round 1.....
    seth123 and Beau_Albert like this.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    63 thats a little while away, dont remember the splits between seasons being so spaced
  15. COME_AND_GET_ME7

1 week season 2
    2 weeks ROC
    4 weeks HTO
    1 week meet and great
    So round 1 is 9 Sunday's away.
    seth123 likes this.
  16. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Forgot about HTO my bad
    VARDZ likes this.
  17. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    are you forgetting about the mint series
    seth123 likes this.
  18. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

Just quoting your comment about the v8 supercar and how you said it'l crown someone who has all the time in the world......that just means you'll get another title cos you've had all the time in the world to master this seasons merc lol
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  19. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    I rarely do any Season Preparation before the Weekend so that's far from correct :unsure: Year 12 and my Tafe course take up majority of my time and when i do get on, i'm either in the Vette or some kind of Prototype.
    The Merc just suited me like a glove. In the past in the GT3 series or Season 1 for example we've seen me sink like the titanic despite doing the same level of practise beforehand :cry:
    Sam D Blacklock and beakeroo like this.
  20. Konnor McCluskey

Konnor McCluskey Team Driver

I'm only winding ya up mate....haha but even if you are driving something different it still means you are getting some sort of practice in.
    seth123 likes this.