IRACING RoOZ iRLeague - Season 1

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    yeah i love the scenery at Spa ;)
  2. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cool cool. Well we can always revise anything on the schedule (# of laps, # of races, track selection) as we go.
  3. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Howdy Dave,

What's happening about the cost? Is everyone chippin in ?
  4. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    I'd be happy to chip in, but if I did i'd have to host the server probably cause i've got about $40 iRacing credit just sitting around doing nothing. If you ever need a hosted server give me a yell. ;)
  5. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    ok...... there's just a couple of cars i want Mad!
  6. Mad94d

Mad94d Madison Down

PSN ID
    mad94d
    Yeah I know! It kind of sucks because I've inherited credit through a few different ways but I can't gift it to anyone! A bit hard to use when you have a subscription until 2013 and all the content.
  7. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

I have $69 in my iracing account. I bought into the recent 'buy iracing $ for less $' deal.

Still a bit of content to acquire though.
  8. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

OP looks good Dave ... you prolly changed it days ago, but I've just been skippin' to the last post ... but thank you :cool:

Anybody think we should have a rule whereby, if your name rhymes with pubis, or sound like "my Datsun", you cop a 30 sec time penalty, right off the bat .!?

I just did a head-count ... 6 votes for the penalty (on their ballot, someone wrote that the penalty should be incarceration -- a 3 to 5 stretch in chokey, but I don't think that is an option on any of the 'hosting' drop-down menus) ... 2 abstainees ... and no, I've no idea why I've started translating pomme-speak for you mungbeans ;)

Let's have some fun ... :D
  9. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Cheers Tim. I'll get the first one up.
    We'll have a look at rotating the host or something to share the cost around.

Although I'm not 100% sure if that will work using the Hosted Tournament option. You setup subsequent rounds by selecting a continue tournament option, and you may not be able to continue a tournament you didn't personally initiate.

The other option is just to gift some iRacing dollars I suppose. You can't gift credits though so that won't help Mad!.
    But don't worry about it for now, we'll sort that out later.
  10. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Any one got a setup they can share yet?
  11. DarthDavis

DarthDavis New Recruit

Hi guys, I'd planned to join this week but I've got to be working suddenly. Hopefully next week. I might get there in time to spectate at the end though. Cheers!
  12. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I am still running at Laguna Seca, so I have done no setup work for road america.
  13. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Yeah, Tim ... it's a new tyre model, so any old sets are as much use as a one-legged man in an Arse Kicking competition ;)

As Beau is hinting, most folk racing the SM publically will still be focused on Lagune - Sunday will likely be the first time at Road Am. for most of us. That said, I figure a set from the forum, for either Silverstone or Laguna, will get you to within a second or two of your eventual limit ... the sets will certainly be fine for you to go do some "pioneering", and to give yourself the chance to feel how the car responds to different tweaks ...

... maybe we'll be hitting you up for a set, come Sunday :D
  14. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

Hey Stone you a scientist? I been working with scientist for over 23 years and don't know of any other profession that use acronyms to the extent they do, lol. I walked out of a conference a while back and asked my boss what the F does "If we could all stick to the TGPAD's we would all understand the processes more" mean, and he says SIIFK, (Stuffed If I F'ing Know), I lmfao. Oops its happening to me now lol.
    Not having a go at ya M8, just having a jester dig and wondering if my theory is right.

Sorry to be off topic guys just having a quiet time at work at the moment, and reading all the post Ive missed recently.
  15. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Busted !!! Degree in Gelogy / MSc Geochemistry / PhD Palaeoatmospheric Modelling * ... currently an enviro consultant (URS) ... +1 for the "theory" :lol:

"TGPAD" is a new one on me, Bones ... what sort of conference (e.g. what do you do for a living)?

* unsubmitted; I was offered the job in Antartica before I could submit ... too good an offer to pass, as it was also my ticket to Oz :cool:
  16. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Yeh I'm in that boat, hence the question....oh well might have to have some late nights over the weekend! :)
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Haha acronyms - engineering is diabolical for that too! :lol: So many people forget that people outside their profession, in fact even outside their company more often than not don't know what they stand for!

As for sets: same here, I haven't turned a lap at RA yet and probably won't have much time to until Sunday.

Since we will barely be using 1hr of the (first) minimum 2hr session booking, I'll open the session earlier if I'm at home and extend the practise time. So there'll be more time for developing and sharing sets for those that need it.

So the race will start at the same time, but if I open the session 30mins early, we can have a 60min practise session instead of 30mins for those can make it.
  18. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Don't go too nuts, Timmo ... in all likelihood, we'll all be using the same set come grid-up time ... no doubt something from Beau/Dusty/Dave ... shared to all ... :)

@ Tank ... if you are home and free, sure mate ... though I bet the extra time we get just leads to more lip-flappin' & :):):):)-talkin', and precious little extra driving ;)
  19. Bonus 888

Bonus 888 Rookie

In Agriculture dairy research Stone, Im a tech officer for DPI agronomy platform. In other words I do all the work and the scientists talk about and create acronyms for the results I get from my experiments.
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    :lol: fantastic summary! now I'm off to talk about creating more acronyms for my engineering reports :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.