IRACING RoOZ iRLeague - Season 1

Discussion in 'Community Events' started by KoAStR, Jan 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    ill be around, kinda forgot about this series after the last turnout. but ill be on
  2. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

Got a $9 voucher for 3 months emailed to me so I renewed. Wheel seems to be feeling better too as Ive had a couple of races, I might join the pre race warm up next time. If thats ok.
  3. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

[​IMG] /holds up three fingers! Edit: four fingers ;)
  4. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    For sure mate. Jump on in.

Will be Suzuka this week.

BTW adjusted the dates on the OP schedule. This weeks round at Suzuka was listed at incorrect date (one week from last time instead of two)
  5. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Cheers, Dave ... and yeah, coz the (incorrect) Suza date had past, I thought it was Road Atl ... thank goodness you popped in :D. No idea what a representative time for Suza is, but I'm gonna have a wee look now :)

Edit: 15 laps gave a 59.0 with 58.7 opt, so I suspect the blokes who know what they're about will be in the mid-to-low 57s at least. I ran two random setups without tweaking, so perhaps a good set will get someone like Beau into the 56s. If I run a few more laps, I'll try targeting the low 58s ... I fear that that might be all I can bring to the party ... like a knife to gunfight ;)
  6. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I haven't done any laps in the star mazda on road for a little while. I'm tempted to do some laps tonight, but I think that would be unfair on the guys that don't regularly run the sm. It would be good if the non sm runners got a bit of practice in though. just to keep it interesting.
  7. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Yeah ... I hear ya, Beau ... but I figured as I haven't been in the SM since I last raced you boys (... in fact I've done bugger all peddlin' of anything really), that no one would mind me doing a few laps :)
  8. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    I did the same last night Stone just to see where i would naturally sit in lap times without to much practice - 1,59's were my max using the Oulton tune.
    I'm packing more of a butter knife i think.
    Tyre wear is really going to affect my ability to keep it on the track, T1 was providing some huge
    opposite lock slides which hopefully i can tune out.
  9. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

Gah I haven't done any laps. See you guys online.
  10. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

That 2nd race was amazing. Everyone had some reasonably big mistakes (except maybe Andrew, who Beau smashed :p) and after 40 mins of racing the top 4 were separated by 1.4 seconds. Great fun guys. Thanks to all who raced!

Rigby, why did you back off down the straight at the end of lap 1 in race 2? You had pretty good pace, good enough to fight for your position.
  11. WAC

WAC Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    i moved on..but damn it was fun!
    Sorry guy's, i just don't have the ability to hang with you fella's and it can get
    alittle depressing.
    All the best.
  12. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    That's a shame Wayne. It's been good having you on track. If you know anyone you'd like to tussle with by all means invite them to join in too.

We all get a bit discouraged when Beau's whipping out times 1s faster than anyone else without any practise...... :/
  13. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    heaps of fun in race 2 fella's. had a ball.

Rigby, wtf happened on lap one mate, you were in shape for a great race?
  14. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

I picked up a course-cut black at 130R :/ ... and I was no hope without the 4-car tow, ol' Mr Molasses here ..!

Wayne, mate ... sometimes all you can do is applaud folk ... :) ... and Road Atlanta is a great circuit for racing and fun - we (me & you) can duke it out at the back of the field ;)

Been said, but thanks to all runners ... and Tank for admin :):):):) :cool:
  15. OuttaAngst

OuttaAngst Rookie

That sucks stone. I thought you were a bit generous letting me through.

Btw for anyone who thinks they are lacking pace, you should download ispeed lap analyser, it's a simple application that will record your telemetry and you can compare your laps to others and see where you are losing time. It's great to see if you are braking too early or too much or not going full throttle somewhere. Also shows what gear is used where.

Although there may be less of a list of lap to compare to until the iracing schedule is doing that track.
  16. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Not really, mate ... so early in the race, I didn't want to cause any drama by unexpected slowing ... and I was also gonna chime in with "PENALTY - LEFT, LEFT, LEFT ... GO LEFT!" too, but you all figured it out :cool:

I really thought I would be able to tag onto the back of the train, but I just wasn't slowing enough for the stewards' liking, and the penalty dragged on and on ... and on ... and then on s'more. By the time they pulled the flag in, I'd screwed the pooch ..!

Made my job a touch harder too, by dropping my pressures for the longer race ... I hoped to keep you all behind for as long as possible and then have my boots come good later, but once I was behind they took too long to reach opt ... and by then you'd all started to go away ... and rather rudely, I might add, when folk DID fall off the track, they recovered far too quickly and gave me no help (tow) at all ;)

I will try the telemetry thing ... eventually ... when I get some iRacing fire back ... :)
  17. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    Bugger stone, I also got the same slow down penalty in race 2. When I was pursuing Andrew for the lead. Different circumstances I know, but I was able to back off the throttle straight after 130r, and coast to the chicane, which was enough for the stewards.
  18. stonemonkey

stonemonkey Rookie

Yeah ... that would have worked for me too if I'd been quicker to assess the situation ... Dusty was close, but wasn't exactly tucked under my wing, and I could probably have backed off more without causing a wreck. With hindsight too, I could even have pulled offtrack right away (in all that run-off area on the right) and scrubbed speed there without having folk trip over me ...

... really, I did about as bad a job as you could do (without causing a stack) ... you boys had probably hit 6th gear down the S/F straight before the flag was pulled in :lol:
  19. Timmo_821

Timmo_821 TJ

Thanks Dustin, Didnt even know this existed. Is there a setup analyser also for road racing?

Cheers
    Tim
  20. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    I'll be scratching for time this Sunday for the RA round.. Can probably run the first race but probably won't have time for the second. Hopefully I can turn a couple of laps before then.
    If you guys are still keen for two races I can set up the second room before I bail. If I can't make either race I'll book the rooms for you fellas in advance.

It's my 30th.. having a casual BBQ as I have a joint venture planned for the main event later in April :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.