AC SEASON 7: The VAJ Championship by Gamesmen.com.au

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 23, 2016.

1. Pete

Pete Rookie

For the div2 guys. Teamspeak server for tonight is raceonozac1.duckdns.org (no password)
  2. Mael

Mael Professional

Noooo... We need all the point we can get @Tovey_4saken !

I've been wondering myself how to avoid a massive pile-up as some runs on the practice server showed me to be a accident waiting to happen :( Might start from the back but will wait and see.
  3. Tovey_4saken

Tovey_4saken Team Driver

PSN ID
    Tovey_4saken
    got the drop round so safe for points :thumbsup: if i didn't have that i would have to risk it but i don't want to ruin someone elses race if i have the option to drop this round and already get started for prac for next round so this doesn't happen again :laugh:
  4. RobA

RobA New Recruit

The Div 2 teamspeak server requires a password
  5. Pete

Pete Rookie

Try Apex
  6. disturboed

disturboed Damian Hall Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    disturboed
    Sorry fellas, pulled the pin. I've had no time to come to grips with this game and trying to set the wheel up properly, the rotation is all off, my driving position is not good at the PC and I couldn't drive anymore than one straight without either spinning off, or locking the brakes. I was a danger to all you guys out there. Maybe now GT6 season is over i can try for the last 2 rounds, but we'll see.
  7. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
  8. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

awesoome race, you said stop asking for open wheelers anon but after that I think I'll just ask for more!
    didnt do the best lap in qually but just got pole by 6 thousandths from cyber. we had to do 3 restarts and then subsequently a rolling start, race was fairly straightforward but early on had pressure from pete and vision.
    maybe a steeper learning curve racing with open wheelers but was good fun nonetheless.
    Cherno, Pete and Anon666 like this.
  10. c4rLo5

c4rLo5 Team Driver Gold Member

Had an awesome start, but touched wheels with Shaun early on which took out Cherno. Apologies @Cherno :oops:
    That was a tough car to drive, but happy to recover to 10th, and even more happy that my computer didn't crash.
    Thanks for the racing guys.
    Cherno and Anon666 like this.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Great pace QC and with MC. A one-two in Maxi and a two-three in Mini result for Deese Turtle Biieettches keeping the teams champ interesting! :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cherno and Anon666 like this.
  12. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

hey koaster you have me as having raced but i was a DNS
  13. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks mate fixed.
  14. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I should take a picture of my setup... but basically I use the living room TV, with my seat (just sitting ontop a box) and wheel stand setup to one side of the room. So if I look straight ahead Im looking at a blank wall haha, gotta turn my head about 20 degrees to look at the TV, to see where Im going.

As for not spinning out... well as everyone in our room would have seen I showed many examples of how to do it! Come along and have some fun. It really doesnt matter how well you go, more about giving it a go, and trying to get better. At least thats how I see it ;)

As for tonight race, I had a brilliant start in the first race, going from 2nd last to P3. Although played it overally safe through first lesmo, allowing someone down the inside. Unfortunately they got on the power too much going sideways and wacked me into the armco, then I got t-boned by a couple of others as the rest of the field came through! 2nd restart another great start but got collected again (not as good as the first though!) 3rd time cyber was stationary in front of me, so I went around him just, but touched wheels with loris, and backed out of it, lucky not taking him out.. and then bang cyber came out of nowhere.. I love lag.

So was quite eventful all the starts. The rolling start I was just happy sitting at the back. Tried to just stay on the track, but I kept on seeing how I could go faster, until I'd fall off the track lol..

Wow sorry if you read all that.. it was a bit of an essay..
    Cherno, Mael and Anon666 like this.
  15. Mael

Mael Professional

Think I was one of the few with a boring race :D. As many my strategy was to stay out of trouble which I managed more by luck than anything else. The first stint was slow, in the mid 28's but by lap 16 I managed to catch up to Rotor (never thought I'll say that sentence) and BJ who were battling each other from the start.

Promptly pitted for fuel and some new tires. The car felt much improved after the pit stop with my lap times dropping into the 27's including a new PB :) . It appears everybody else made a mess during the pit stops as I overtook Stiggy, Rotor and BJ in the pit sequences. Then had a clean run without seeing another car until the end of the race to end in 5th. Not often a plan comes together :thumbsup:
  16. Cherno

Cherno Team Driver Gold Member

all good brother, it happens.
    c4rLo5 likes this.
  17. Steve Crossland

Steve Crossland Team Driver

Was going well until Google Chrome decided to open itself & wreak havoc. Desparately trying to close it ( at the end of the back straight heading into Parabolica!!!) I ran straight ahead & got stuck on top the dirt mound. Once I'd managed to engage reverse I rejoined in last. Kept going for a while but my Vagina got tired so I went to bed
    Anon666 likes this.
  18. David Brister

David Brister Team Driver

Count me out from racing at the moment guys, this new house i moved too cant get NBN, cant get ADSL2, i have had to go to a wireless service and its $30 for 3GB and a month to use it, so will have to use it very sparingly for the time being. Will be back as soon as i can get decent internet service, so pissed off, but hey my new house is pretty cool, and a great view over the Latrobe Valley from up on top of my mountain. cyas soon
    Anon666 and Peter Wise like this.
  19. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    You can hot spot off your phone, I did that and had no issues on AC (GT6 is another story!). Most providers give relatively cheap data, like $5 for 2gig ontop of an existing plan.

Also Aldi mobile offer 4GB for $30. That 1 GB extra should cover AC, at least how I see it. ;)
    Mael likes this.
  20. Mael

Mael Professional

The qualifying for race 3. The gaps between drivers was a bit of a surprise as I expected qualifying to be very close on a Indy type course. Top four positions still very close but Anon has fallen out of the running. From Server 2 @zampli is showing most of the server 1 guys how it should be done.
    [​IMG]
    zampli and Anon666 like this.