AC SEASON 7: The VAJ Championship by Gamesmen.com.au

Discussion in 'ACLOZ Past Seasons' started by Anon666, May 23, 2016.

1. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    whats the password for room 2 and which teamspeak do i use?
  2. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    All in one server tonight lads.
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lolol think it mightve been my dad, i sent him to his room so all good now.
  4. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
  5. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Mmm wrote a big post and it's disappeared :cry: Bugger.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What a Final! Not the race I set out to have but good times all the same. The big combined grid was a welcome change especially for an enduro!

Quali I was pleased with until binning it on the final lap so not seeing a lap in full grip conditions. WD Shaun very nice.

Lap 1, despite a good jump of the line, was one to forget. Regrettably came together with Shaun as I was bouncing off the inside curb. Tried to straighten you up a bit :confused:, then looped it off another curb into the 2nd chicane. :( Fortunately that didn't set the tone and the rest of the race was clean and a blast.

Put head down and clawed a few possies back. With some light aero damage was struggling for pace and thought catching the front runners was out of reach.. until a flawless pit, found my zone and slow reeled in Pringles to put in some PB laps and see a glimmer of hope to catch Anon. We had an intense battle in the dying laps. Here's a clip. Lol had to put some music on it to cover up Anon's ramblings on TS I didn't realised were captured with it until after the upload! :whistling::roflmao:

Shout outs-
    Shaun on a well fought season and solid pace. Bad luck this week could have been a nail biter.
    Zamps on the Mini championship
    Anon and Cyber for all the efforts setting up such a successful season, especially with all the skins and fixed sets. Gratz on the results too.
    Loris rounding out the mini room championship podium representing TTB.
    TGM with a resounding teams championship win, what a turn around from last season. :thumbsup:
    Mael with a solid result stepping up to Maxi room.
    Cherno bad luck mate hope to see you back at top next season.
    Cheers all :)
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
  6. skywalker

skywalker Professional

PSN ID
    S54VED
    I'd hoped for a better result but suffered some light damage as had slight contact with others frantically avoiding a spun car/s. Later in lap Shaun went around the outside into indianapolis. Unfortunately car didn't want to stay in tight and made big contact damaging my car a lot and worst Shaun speared off into the gravel. Lost quite a few positions as was driving wounded.

Made it to the pits and was hoping to have a cleaner 2nd stint. Alas, on my out lap closing the gap on mael slightly I dropped a wheel at Porsche curves and sideswiped the wall. Window cracked so had to pit again. But didn't want fuel or tyres. Unfortunately I couldn't work out how to stop the tyres and inadvertently turned on other apps while my wireless keyboard was jumping around (batteries must have been going a little low for the range). So I had a very slow pit + more tyres and now I had some random apps on.

Going down one of the straights I thought I might be able to sort the app issue. Unfortunately I glanced a wall as wasn't watching lol. So all in all quite the race to forget for me. Well done to the podium for both divs.

Koastr, Shaun and anon impressive pace! Also cyber and Zamp you were clearly a cut about the rest for our room!
    KoAStR likes this.
  7. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    “Driver default 1-0-1, chassis default 0-1, chassis default 0-1.”
    “Avoid seventh gear, Nico, avoid seventh gear.”
    “Affirm Nico, you need to shift through it. Affirm, you need to shift through it.”
    skywalker likes this.
  8. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR

Found it in the team chat... ah tiredness.:rolleyes:

Recommend you turn on captions on that vid for a laugh! :roflmao:
  9. Mael

Mael Professional

Firstly thanks Anon and whoever worked on the season, great fun. The fixed setup worked well generally unless the car does not suit your driving style. With the Audi moving brake balance backwards and turning traction control on saved me.

The race was not one for the ages. Kept on missing braking points and its only because of the other driver's talent that multiple massacres was avoided :D. The track itself need some work to define the track boundaries and penalize cuts but man that Porsche curves are great! 4 wheel drifting at its best.

And the best is we (Team Pagnian) avoided the wooden spoon!!! Better luck next time Hi-tec Oilers :devilish:
    skywalker and KoAStR like this.
  10. Mael

Mael Professional

And because Koastr was so quick with announcing the championship here is the minor awards. And guess who won the qualifying index?

Congrads @KoAStR! for taking over from Shaun as the qualifying maestro. Shaun came in a respectable second place after recovering from his Monza qualification and @Cherno rounds out the podium. @Cooper finished as the most consistent qualifier and @Cyber_STIG_77 as the top driver from Div 2.

[​IMG]
    skywalker and KoAStR like this.
  11. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    At times I can actually talk in full sentences and make sense. Then there's the other 99% of my life...
    Well done to K and Z for emphatic victories in their respective rooms. But who really cares about that, The Gamesmen Men!!!! Oh YEAH!!! High fives, bum pats, cheek kisses, manly hugs and sly insertions of tongues in ears for the lot of you?!?!?
    [​IMG]
  12. Anon666

PSN ID
    Anon666
    OK, I've calmed down now. Big thanks to everyone for racing and all the guys who made it to 5 races. Congrat's to the top 3 in both rooms and all the team captains for keeping things in check. Drift and Pete, thanks for providing us with room 2, and fingers crossed we can hold it all together for another season.
  13. Shaun_A

Shaun_A Team Driver Gold Member

That was a great season, sadly it didn't quite end that great. Congrats to Koaster on rounding out the season as champion, had some good hard battles with you throughout the season and last night looked like it could have been much of the same. The practice races were more fun than the actual race for myself. Having 3 lots of contact and being knocked off the road in 2 of them almost had me quitting the race early. I decided not to and continued on, proving to myself that I had the pace that would have seen me up the front battling with Anon and Koaster. In hindsight I should have probably asked for a restart, but didn't want to be a hassle and have the start possibly end worse for someone else, so I just took it on the chin.
    Thanks to Anon for running div 1 and everyone else for giving some fantastic racing. Looking forward to the next season where I will hopefully get the #1 next to my name.
  14. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    You missed the famous Richie Benaud DRY ROOT!!!
    Anon666 likes this.
  15. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Thanks mate yea sorry how that worked out would have liked a restart myself especially after panic set in and I binned it again ..without any assistance..
    Our battles in practice races were epic definitely looking forward to more of that. Pity I didn't think to snag a replay. I'm sure you will be claiming plenty of titles in future seasons.

I was quite delighted to take away FL for a change especially without a draft. Normally I am struggeling for that mantle even without being hampered by ballast. I was on for a mid 4:06 the lap I got passed Anon but setting up for that move killed it... almost thought I had run myself out of track braking too late but just pulled it in.

Equally suprised to take away top qual performance especially after Shaun took yet anither pole this week but woo stoked to take that and the championship in such a quality field.
    Anon666 and skywalker like this.
  16. Peter Wise

Peter Wise Professional

PSN ID
    copperj32. Steam: copperj32
    Unfortunately I only made it to a couple of races but it was a blast. Awesome job by everyone involved in organising this season, you guys rock .
    The fixed setups were a great idea for those of us who can't tune. Can't wait for more awesomeness
    Anon666, skywalker and KoAStR like this.
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
  18. krunch

krunch ACC Server Legend Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

Congrats to the winners and also to the all competitors for yet another fun season of racing. I enjoyed some great battles back in the pack and was bummed I couldn't make the final round. Overall this season wasn't my best so I'll push for some improvement next season.
    Anon666 likes this.