Season I - F1 2016 RACEONOZ Formula One World Championship (PS4)

Discussion in 'F1LOZ Past Seasons' started by JonoStan96, Aug 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Don't think like that, take this as a win and carry the confidence on
  2. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    To be fair both Red Bull's were very quick i had nothing for you guys maybe a top 5 at best. But you won fair and square so head up buddy i secretly knew you'd be the next new winner.
    JonoStan96 and Zachery like this.
  3. Zachery

Zachery Professional

PSN ID
    Zharvs92
    Yeah i knew we were going to be quick this week, id been reasonably quick in practice and i was sick all week. feeling better tonight gave me some confidence to pick up the pace a bit. dont get me wrong, im cheerin! and my heads held high. cant wait for next week now!
  4. WOLFYDADDY007

WOLFYDADDY007 Team Driver

PSN ID
    WOLFYDADDY007
    I would like to say this as well but motor said it first:cool:
    JonoStan96, The_Spectre and Motors560 like this.
  5. warrior2167

warrior2167 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    warrior2167

Just quickly put this up, it will take way to long to do whole race.

I don't know if my bad start is because tc was off or I haven't played enough and sorry spectre for running into you, I thought braking at 100 would be safe with the slower approach speed. Turn 1 ended up being 4 wide.
    seth123, Beau_Albert and JonoStan96 like this.
  6. razor4797

razor4797 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    razor4797
    Overall an okay race. Started 7th, up into 3rd after Turn 1 after a clean multi-overtaking manoeuvre around the outside. AAAANNNDD then the curse of Lap 1 Turn 2 repeated itself as I was taken out yet again with heavy front wing damage as a result and a Lap 1 pit stop required; almost a carbon copy of Austria.
    Oh well what can you do. Ended up finishing where I started, 7th place, a few points to add to my name which I'm semi-pleased with.
    Onto Hockenheim next week, hopefully a little less controversy :p
    JonoStan96, seth123 and Zachery like this.
  7. The_Spectre

The_Spectre Team Driver

PSN ID
    The_Spectre_au
    anyone got screenshots of the qual and race results screens?
    seth123 likes this.
  8. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Jono will kick them into the PSN chat
  9. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    I agree that by leaving your only Run to the very end you do in fact run that risk.
    BUT he was on a hotlap and you were not so Blue Flags apply. Everyone got out of his way fine however you "Impeded" him dramatically and after the initial blocking you showed next to no intention to move out of the way and instead keep your car ahead of his. I know after his lap was spoilt Seth was purposely pushing you but really... the fact it got to that stage isn't right.
    As a long time racer it is outstanding you are not checking your mirrors. I'm not trying to be a ****, but please, you know better than that.
    You are currently racing in broadcasted series on iRacing with a big fat Raceonoz logo on the side of your car. PLEASE for the reputation of the site, race as fair as possible. However, also treat the races run on ROOZ with utmost respect too. This may not be a 'Sunday League' series but that does not mean you can leave your respect for others behind.
  10. Bounty05

Bounty05 Professional Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Bounty_0_5
    I'm just here to race. That is all I want to say.
  11. Benjamin J Smith

Benjamin J Smith Professional Gold Member

And as i have already said i had no way of telling if anyone was coming up from behind, all i was trying to do was get back to pitlane without causing to much damage to the tyres, so im trying to get it back to pits while trying to look forward while looking at the tiny little mirrors that show half my rear wing in them
  12. Beau_Albert

PSN ID
    We all can only see very little out of the mirrors. Do you by any chance have A) Proximity arrows turned off? Great for knowing where cars are in close combat when Turned on... OR
    B) A Look Behind button calibrated? These are the two best methods to know and see whats going on around you in my opinion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2016
    seth123 and Sam D Blacklock like this.
  13. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    To get back on topic

Leave this mud slinging be. It's pathetic and a blight on the whole series.

I'd just like to say before I post my usual epic recount and video that that was one of the most pleasureable drives I've had on the game. Every lap was a pure joy and I hope Hockenheim is the same.
  14. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    Pretty fly for a controller user
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  15. Sam D Blacklock

Sam D Blacklock Professional

PSN ID
    AE_CoolSam
    All in all i actually had a pretty good start, started 13th i think and was in p7 by the end of the first lap, got all the way to p4 battling for 3rd however i was sent into the pit wall on the exit of the final turn
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2016
    JonoStan96 and seth123 like this.
  16. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Before I head to bed for my lovely 5 hours (yay) of sleep for the love of all that is holy upload any videos of an incident to youtube to be reviewed. This isn't Pcars or GT6 where we can just flick through it all. Any footage is critical. Thanks.
    Sam D Blacklock and seth123 like this.
  17. Beau_Albert

PSN ID

Very busy race for me tonight. Got an ok start but played it very cautiously into Turn 1 as Jono dived very late into the corner to make it three wide ahead. Trying to give myself space incase it all went very pear-shaped i lost out to many cars around the outside, which turned out to be a blessing as carnage happened ahead. Iwas in 5th behind Fastboy and Motors who were fighting very, very hard.... this made me uncomfortable and with the amount of people damaged on Lap 1 i decided to pit as well, get clear air and overtake some cars with a huge undercut. I made my way through the field passing Bounty, Wolfdaddy and Hatfield on track, followed by a gaggle of cars in the stops.
    On L11 i came in for Supersofts and my charge begun with an epic around the outside move on Knuckles, then chasing down the cars ahead. I intended to pit on Lap 19 for another set of SS but the game glitched and gave me Mediums.... fortunatley i was in a position to finish the race on that tyre to minimise damage but it was still not ideal. I made a very late, yet unplanned move on Spidey and from there it was just trying to stay close to Seth so i could get him when he made his final stop, which i did and i was on the podium!!! Until he came steaming past me on SS... oh well, 4th is nice!!
    Considering i came into this race having scored just 19 points since Spain i knew that the Title lead i somehow still had would be gone if i didn't perform tonight. Thankfully i was able too but Seth continues to be the better driver and looks set to take the Captain's seat next week. I need a little luck to go my way if i am to match his pace in this part of the season which i knew i would struggle in. See ya'll at the boring German circuit.

@seth123 Bring it on. My Thumbnail isn't just my Rear wing.... but with DRS open! :p
  18. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    It turned out to be an enjoyable drive, Driving to imaginary numbers preserving my tyres really well getting lap by lap down heres just a quick summary of my encounters;

@Beau_Albert back at it again with the rear wing thumbnails
  19. Motors560

Motors560 Professional

PSN ID
    Motors560
    Ok i wasn't going to comment any further hoping the tension would die down but sadly that hasn't happened.
    I've calmed down and have kinda realised it's just a game at the end of the day and it's just best to move on, The past few weeks have been frustrating being in hospital for Austria Disconnecting out of a potential podium at Silverstone and now this.

Look Benjamin i don't want this incident causing friction between us or anyone else in this league while tonights incident was frustrating it doesn't require all of the back chat that come after the race from everyone including myself, I can accept it wasn't your intention to take me out that way but i wish you used your mirrors like you most likely would on iracing. If you don't have any intentions of running any further races there isn't really much point in a protest i personally don't want to waste @Hatfield and @N64TheStig007 time. As i said if it is your last ps4 race i wish you the best of luck in the Iracing series.

The backlash has gone to far on some occasion guys, Just imagine if someone new who finds this site and is interested in this series stumbles across this chat forum it doesn't exactly look appealing to a potential newcomer coming into the series does it.

Also @cruciald00dz i don't know what you and @Beau_Albert are feuding about but when you start spamming the qualifying session i have a major issue with it, It's just out of order mate no questions asked and even your responses what are you 12 years old or something? You haven't raced for ages in this series so without being rude why are you still here? All you've done tonight is talk rubbish.

I plan on returning next week and hopefully everyone else comes back for another go this big grids really make this series as unique as it is. I don't think this series is dead as @seth123 quoted i just think it needs a bit of life brought back into it that happens by having close clean and exciting racing which was the reason i joined RaceOnOz in 2014, That's all i gotta say for now.
    Sam D Blacklock and JonoStan96 like this.
  20. seth123

seth123 Professional

PSN ID
    S1E2E3TH
    I meant more deadbeat with how chaotic for no reason it was during qualifying, Which was on no leagues standard healthy. I was like yeah I might as well just go do something else but I kept going because the games mega fun. Chin up we have all had bad ones if you look at the points tables.

Anyhow it will be fine next week which I have confidence in saying so. Just saying if you want the tension to die down calling the title leader a 12ie isn't up there lol, Frustration takes over

@Beau_Albert I believe if I were to take your lead away from you I need you to finish mega low and I need to finish highish/higher in the direction of north somewhereish upwards I hope (I don't like the German GP much prefer Nurburgring GP)

It sucks @Samsung1998racer has gone another race without a score because he was right on me points wise, Meanwhile Jono was robbed of a much needed pay day hes still within the title hunt. Its not over for sam as we have passed halfway plenty of time to go racing and score those digits!
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    Sam D Blacklock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.