Season 12 - Division 2

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Hatfield, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    this will be up to the stewards group
  2. its-benny-racer

its-benny-racer Professional Gold Member

I gather someone was disadvantaged in order for a protest to be filed.
  3. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Hey I stayed in the Lane, does that mean I'm in the Podium now?! ! (Only way I'll get up there this season)

Sorry to the guys I crashed in front of, classic wall-join grab, would've stayed in the fight for 6th/7th otherwise.
  4. REVO_Bryan

REVO_Bryan Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    I understand where you're coming from, but then why would you cut in the first place if there is no advantage to be gained? The rules are not made to be abused. I can say for my race that all drivers were reminded of the rule pre-race.
  5. its-benny-racer

Advantage cant be something that is implied, it has to be tangible. Either through track position or clear gain in time. If advantage can be demonstrated on a case by case basis, then by all means that should be penalised.
  6. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    So is it a case of "innocent until proven guilty" or "guilty until proven innocent" with regards to proving an advantage was gained?
  7. its-benny-racer

The rule includes the criteria that it is for advantage, so there for the rule has not been broken unless advantage was gained.

I believe it should always be up to the protester to demonstrate that the rule has been broken, including all of its criteria.

I know for sure that I was not disadvantaged by anyone cutting the pit entry or exit, so I won't be filling any protests.
  8. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

There is no advantage in the out lap times compared to flying lap times. That said, i am, like the others guilty of going over line. Was not trying to cheat i just genuinely forgot about it. It was just careless. A small mistake that affected absolutly nobody with no position or time gained. Mine and other guys first offence for anything in Rooz. Considering what some people do and have got away with in other races a warning is surely enough to make sure you dont do it again.
  9. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

Anyway. Got dsc in qually so didnt have time to pit for a second descent run. Setteled for another front row start in 2nd. Great lap by @Nigel Burley for pole. Got a good start, small tap in rear at T1 but nothing bad.
    First 3 managed to pull away a little in first stint. Good grip for first couple of laps but couldn't manage my practice pace in race. 2nd stint had poor nige loose out in pitlane. Lucky was a couple of seconds down the road. Managed to get back up behind him but no way past. Great race and good win. Congrats @Luckgoesmyway on first league win.
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  10. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    After a big Saturday walking around ikea way too much and putting together some shelving units, my preparation for Sunday was less than ideal.
    A few blisters here and there meant braking hurt and steering hurt a little less.
    I couldn't get into a groove in qualifying and lined up near the rear.
    Tried to find some rhythm during the first stint but was losing time battling with those around me.
    Had almost cleared @LITTLEBLACKO942 but @natmanscoop had spun at exit of T1 and reversed into me lol (go teammates!!!)
    Luckily I got hit in the side and so kept going.
    I decided to undercut by 2 laps and it paid dividends. Once the stops were done I had moved up from the rear half into 4th where I finished under pressure from a closing @Adronaught
    B-Spec Bob likes this.
  11. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    Apex_64 likes this.
  12. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

thoroughly chuffed with my pole lap last night, I'd been programming "smooth & fast" for a couple of weeks now
    running up front with @Knuckles & @Luckgoesmyway in the first stint was mega, i was having so much fun & trying not to get carried away with actually being a front runner for the first time
    i thought id lost my shot at the podium when @its-benny-racer pitted early, thinking he would just do a long 2nd stint... lost time following knucks into the pits (shoulda gone another lap) & not running as strong a 2nd stint pace as the 2 guys up front
    p3, first sunday league podium for me, so im delighted. wd luck on your maiden win & also to knucks for such a strong showing on your fav track
    incidents, protests, steward's enquiries & b sample blood tests notwithstanding...
  13. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I wanted the smooth and fast. But i flipped my brakes around knowing id only get one shot in qually. I had smoke pouring off the fronts in that first stint. Second stint was better but still doing lots of skids.
  14. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

i found a chunk of time tweaking the bb this week but diff bb settings for qually & the race? crikey i still have homework to do then...
  15. Knuckles

Knuckles Professional

I couldnt change in race. I just had to pick one before hand. I found one better for one lap but chewed tyres.
  16. nigegunz

nigegunz Professional

gotcha, cause of the dsc... im still fine tuning my understanding of the brake pedal let alone bb settings for these races with high tyre deg, i think the f1 has helped a lot with this too. its quite amazing how different everyones approaches into t1 are
    by the member online count, there are a bunch of us on tenderhooks....
    Knuckles likes this.
  17. Razorpod50

Razorpod50 Rookie

Cant say i was happy withthe desperation of some into the first few corners.
    A bita patience over the first lap wouldn't go astray.
    But thats raceing the bloods pump'n everyone wants a good start.
    Decided to pull back dew to some frustration and just enjoy the run on my own.
    Hope to have a better outing next week.
    Qualied well,something to build on.
  18. StigsTC

StigsTC Professional

PSN ID
    StigsTC
    The guys I race with refer to them as "Kaz-walls". Extra special GT exclusive walls, hence Kaz-walls, and 'getting Kaz-walled'.
    I wonder if anyone did it in Div 3 because with my effort in Div 1 we'd have had a driver Kaz-walled at T1 in every division.
  19. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    @Easyprey007 might have hit the exit of T1 kaz-wall when he was bumped out there
  20. REVO_Bryan

PSN ID
    SR_BryanF
    @Jaycie as well. With assistance from another driver. :whistling:
    Jaycie likes this.