DIVISION 2 - OLD (Season 3)

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by Darko, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M1K1_D

M1K1_D Miki D

I think VRMM from last Season Division 1 was in his 60's? Jim Richards is another who springs to mind. What about Mark Martin in Nascar Sprint Cup. Age has nothing to do with it. I notice Koaster refrained. Hmmmm something to hide? :?:
    BTW i'm 37.
    And i'm slowing down with something.
    (If only they had GT Academy 10 years ago).
  2. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    And Stirling Moss only retired a couple of weeks ago at the ripe old age of 81
  3. Stumbles

Stumbles Dave - Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Just a reminder, tomorrow's race is at Rome. 2 sprint races with the second being a reverse grid.

Details... <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://gtleagueoz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=185&p=2355#p2355">viewtopic.php?f=17&t=185&p=2355#p2355</a><!-- l -->
  4. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

Who ever picked the reverse grid races are crazy. Eiger a reverse grid which was terrible, now a tight street circuit. Should of chosen tracks like Grand Valley and Laguna so it doesn't get congested and so we make make cleaner passes
  5. beau261

beau261 Beau

PSN ID
    beau261
    I thought Rome was an ideal pick for reverse grid. There are 2 or three passing places and plenty of slipstreem to help you along the way.

Eiger on the other hand......yikes
  6. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

Yeah that's a fair call, but I would like some run of area instead of bouncing into walls
  7. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

if the driving standerd is anything like last race,we will be fine.
  8. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Ok, guys. Div 2 room is open for practice... Jump on in.

:)
  9. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Sweet racing guys. Two 2nd places for me after pole position for the first race. One mistake in race one let Corzza past me, lots of swearing followed. Grats to Corzza and Firewind for putting up an almighty fight. Well done Corzza on the round win, the championship lead changes once again.
  10. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

yay i finally won a race :D tho its not the round win, still awsome and from the back of the grid :cool: first race was another great race good clean racing up front. close battle with seido for 3rd he just beat me by .008 (i think) i always get pushed out of 3rd in the last few laps.glad i got some clean air for the second race. all i had to do was be consitent.
  11. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

Well raced sir, well raced indeed!
  12. Stumbles

PSN ID
    Stumbles01
    Good racing guys. Not my favourite track, but you make do with what you're dealt I guess. (Hate the bloody cobble-stone tracks... all you hear is wheel noise and it drowns out the engine).

Firstly, I want to apologise to Overdrivve, I ran a shorter qualifying due to the race being so short. (15 misn qualy was actually longer than the leaders time for the race). I didn't even look at the time after the 15 mins... I am really sorry.

Now, Congrats to Corzza, Chev and Firewind... You guys were flying.

ANyway, I'm going to bed... Here's the results....

Race 1...

[​IMG]

Give Overdrivve a bonus point, he was in, then dropped out and then we started the race without him.

Race 2...

[​IMG]

Barra will work out the points and update the League Ladder tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Off to Nurburg next week... 7 laps of Green Hell... Enjoy.

:)
  13. tekNique

tekNique Rookie

I thought it was just me, I use a head set at night and the sound was terrible.
  14. geelong44

geelong44 New Recruit

Yeah great racing fellas!
    My story:
    Qualy was terrible for me, disconnected 5 minutes into it, and after then couldent get a quick lap in after that and qualified a disappointing 6th. But I knew it was a very important race for the championship, so I put me head down and concentrated on the race.

So the race started and I got a great jump and made a pass into 5th before the first corner, then there was a bit of mayhem and made my way up into 3rd and was quickly chasing down the leader. I had a great battle with Firewind to take 2nd, then I could only just see Chev in the lead. So I put in some good lap times and was slowly catching Chev, and with time I believe he made a few mistakes, and I just got by him when he tapped the wall with 2 laps left, then I held him off to take the win.

So Ive never had Internet problems before, and was really struggling to stay in the lounge, once I joined after our formation lap (which was awesome lol), I had to start pole, I let everyone go past, then started to make my way up the feild, I caught the leaders but struggled to keep up with firewind, then Chev passed me for 2nd, but I was still intouch with him on the last lap, passed him but he got me back on the right handed after the 1st sector (with a bit of contact I may add), and I ended up finishing 3rd, but I believe I finished 1st I'm the round.

Overall a great race, loved drafting on that track, and passing was amazing to!
    Can't wait for the last round, gonna be intesne race for the championship win!
  15. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    Jumped in to watch the div 2 crew and the racing up front was terrific
    corzza and chev both div 1 racers.

looks like the battle for the championship will go down to the wire in 3 divisions this season
  16. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    OK guys, here are the results...

1. Corzza 30 (20+10)
    2. Firewind 28 (8+20)
    3. Chevwah 28 (14+14)
    4. Seido 15 (10+5)
    5. Bonus 12 (6+6)
    6. Barra 11 (3+8)
    7. Stumbles 8 (5+3)
    8. Dutch 6 (2+4)
    9. Anon 4 (4+0)
    10. Overdrivve 2 (0+2)
    11. Miki 2 (1+1)

Tiebreak for 2/3 and 10/11 on the basis of a higher race finish. I will get the wiki updated at some point today - I need to go and do some work now. I will need confirmation of fastest lap - from what carn_the_pies said after each race, I think it was Seido from race 1.
  17. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    yeah race 1 seido had quickest, not sure how it will work for 2nd points placing, outta will know whether its fastest lap or whether the win in race 2 will place higher value for firewind
  18. F1R3W1ND

F1R3W1ND Rookie

looks like the battle for 3rd is on :D
    the pressure is on to peform in the last round for 1st and 2nd
    and 3 drivers for 3rd
    should be a great race.
  19. Barra333

Barra333 Rookie

PSN ID
    barra333
    Wiki updated. I have double checked the maths and added in the points taking into account the 'drop your worst round' rule. I think I had robbed Corzza a couple of points somewhere, sorry. Looks to be a winner takes all for the championship next weekend. Will be interesting for 3rd too - 4 way battle!
  20. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    +1 from what I've seen practicing or randomn racing with these guys.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.