Division 5 Season 5

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by stucar17, Jan 5, 2015.

1. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    I'm easy to start at 9.30 if everyone is happy with that... But I'm pretty sure we have at least 1 NZ er?
  2. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I rather a later start anyway like 9pm-ish
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  3. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    9 PM is ok with me, anywhere between 8 and 9 is fine. After that it is getting a bit late.
  4. CAB77

CAB77 Team Driver Gold Member

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    9PM is the latest I would like to start the race. While I'm not on daylight savings it's not to bad but when NSW lines back up with QLD it will be way to late for me. I'll need a nap in the race lol.
  5. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Anytime start for me is fine :) Day off on Monday so no rush to get to sleep ;)
  6. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    @emmo46 @VARDZ @CAB77
    What time are we aiming for guys? Should we go quali at 830.
    Would be good if cab can open room as early as possible so we can get onto issues early.
    Cheers guys
  7. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I'll open room In 10 mins
    jasondull1986 likes this.
  8. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    I'll be on from around 7:45, we aiming for an 8:30 qualy start?
  9. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    Sounds like you guys have it covered.

:thumbsup:
  10. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    OK so as I was resetting everything to get in I managed to break the HDMI cable on the race sim. So I sort of gave up and unplugged it to put move in to the lounge room to watch the race only to see u guys have waited. Big thanks to the guys for waiting. I would like to see races start on time myself. It's my responsibility to be there. So it would of been fine for you guys to go.

Now I quickly unbolted the TV off the sim moved the sim in to the lounge room and plugged it up just in time to race. First lap I couldn't see past the mounts for the monitor on the sim to see the apex of the corners. Lap 2 I moved the sim sideways to the TV so I could see the whole TV. Now if you ever want to feel like you can't drive try sitting at a 45 degree angle to the TV.

So after a few swear words I gave up. I was just going to get lapped and get in the way. Well Done @VARDZ on your win. Great last lap by @Randm90 to grab 2nd. Bad luck to @jasondull1986 who I thought had it in the bag at 1 stage. He was fast and kind to his tires.

I will give up om hosting guys I'm not sure what happened but the PS just froze when I went to change tracks. Maybe it's just old or just this idiot lol. I want to buy a new 1 anyway so I can set up the spare wheel for my daughter to race. So I might just do that.

See you all next week.
    JonoStan96 and SuiCid3 like this.
  11. stucar17

stucar17 Moderator Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    stuart170773
    You can't seem to take a trick mate.
    How long did it freeze for? Quite often the track will take a minute or two to load up.
  12. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    All good mate. It happens sometimes, and you still have a fairly solid connection.
    Stiff offered to try his room next week though I think?

I'm out for next week. Got a birthday on.
  13. jasondull1986

jasondull1986 Professional

PSN ID
    jasond1986
    I'm disappointed at my effort tonight. Had pole. Race started and no hud made it difficult but managed a to ran off to a six second lead. Changed to hards opened menu got hud back did two laps on hards and lost concentration and ran wide.
    I rejoined and tried to hug the inside of the corner cause emmo was closing fast but he tried to avoid but spun me. He redressed but I wouldn't of cared if he didn't my mistake cause it so next time just keep on mate.
    15 sec down manages to close right up to molch only to take each other out final lap. Sorry To All
    Involved in my bad driving tonight. And congrats to @VARDZ
  14. emmo46

emmo46 Steward Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    emmo46
    Congratulations Vardz, I guess you'll be staying on now.:thumbsup:
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  15. CAB77

PSN ID
    CAB-77_
    I waited for what seemed like 5 mins. Might not of been that long. But the thing that spins stop spinning. I pressed the Ps button on the controller and nothing. I had stern words with the PS3 and still nothing. Then the screen went blank and I turned the stupid thing off. When I was resetting the modem I pulled the power cable out of the ps3 as well when I did that is when I broke the hdmi cable. It was already a bit worn from many plugs and unplug. Just wasn't ment to be. Disappointed cause I felt I had good pace on worn tires and the race was so close at the end. Looks like it was a real hoot.
  16. Raedonwolf

Raedonwolf New Recruit

Had a bad start and ended up in 13th. Managed to claw my way up to about 7th and had to pit. Left the pit in 12th and had to do it all again, clawed back to 8th. Nearly got blue, but he beat me to the line. Great blocking mate :)

I think there is a lesson to be learnt here, but I dont know what that is, so Ill just finish with a quote:

"Dude I almost had you!"
    stucar17 likes this.
  17. Hatfield

Hatfield GT7 League & Teams Championship Organiser Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
  18. Hatfield

PSN ID
    DRZ-Hatfield
    I had actually had some practice time this week, and from what times I could see or hear about some other drivers, I felt quietly confident.
    After the room issues and then a random who joined after we all just about finished qualifying, we were waiting for him to leave when @CAB77 rejoined so it was kind of lucky for you...if you had've finished the race.
    Started on hards last minute decision as @VARDZ was on softs and got a typically cracking start.
    Kept it nice and clean with @Randm90 behind me. Try as he might (a few times a little too deep ;) ) he couldn't find a permanent way past.
    Pitted a lap before him, but @Stiffsht has pitted a lap before me and so got the undercut. Then I tried to reel him in but 2 laps in a row got 3sec penalties at eau rouge despite having 2 wheels on the ripple strip.
    But anyway, I kept at it and caught him as Randm caught me.
    As stiff's tires went off we got past and I threw everything at Randm on the last lap but made a mistake which let him off despite him making a mistake himself.
    At the final back fast section we caught the TLR smash bros @Molch & @jasondull1986 and I got jason but molch positioned his car perfectly and I had to try down the inside into the final 2 turns and just held on for a podium!!!
    Well done vardz and randm...too good!
    Randm90 likes this.
  19. VARDZ

VARDZ World Champion

PSN ID
    HTO_VARDZ_99
    yeah I guess so emmo...lol well that was a turn around from round 1 and 2.... my time is limited on the PS and have put a lot of that time into the S3 of the HTO series. Spa is my fav track in the game so I thought I could get a result here. this is the first time I have felt at ease with the car. knew its limits and drove as close to them as I could. Q'd P2 0.5 off JD so I thought I will be racing for 2nd as my 14.8 was only .1 off my best time with a full tank. some great battles with Rano and Molch in that first stint...good hard clean racing boys... great fun and why we race with rooz. Pitted in P2 and came out 5 secs off Jason and very happy to just turn the laps over and get a result. Not sure what lap but passed JD who was in the wall after Pouhan and had a little moment myself going into fagnes... Unlucky @jasondull1986 that was yours m8. Tried not to think about anything but hitting my points and let the laps tick by but on lap 18 probably the first time I thought about the result I made a massive mistake at malmedy and gave back 5 secs of the 9 sec lead I had built up. So with 3 and a half to run I knew 1 more error and I would throw it all away. A tick under 5 secs in the end and happy to take my 2nd League win but to be honest i was gifted my first by a DSC, so i can now say i have earnt a race win and it is even more satisfying after the debacles that was my Round 1
    & 2.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  20. Randm90

Randm90 Team Driver

PSN ID
    Randm90
    Crap qualy, great race pace at Silver, missing tokyo, I was worried Silverstone was a one off! But oh boy, I think Races are my specialty! Once again qualifying an okay, but not perfect 9th place, I sat around there for a while having fantastic battles with mainly @Hatfield. I was racing okay, sitting in 9th comfortably with Hatfield comfortably ahead, not too far away, but enough to put pressure on in some laps (Especially into bus stop, i seemed to be braking much later than anyone into the chicane).

The pit stops rolled on through and i was in 5th, should I pit now or later? I decided a lap after Hatfield, see if i can get infront. But of course not, my arms decided to go NOPE and i lost time massivly through Eau Rouge and Les Combes. I got out behind Hatfield and began to reel in, hope was infront of me. Setting fastest lap absolutely hooking around the circuit I made up 2 absolutely vital places. I got three 3 second penalties for the next laps at Eau Rouge (The time they cost me in total, I would've been battling with VARDS in the last lap in my opinion) I was gaining massivley on the lead as was Hatfield. I felt i was faster than him but oh my god does he know how to place a car on track. I could not get past him no matter what i tried.

It was all in the last 2 laps where I put the foot down and nailed it. 6th to 2nd in 2 laps, passing hatfield and Jason (I think). I could see Molch and Stiff (Once again i think) ahead of me, and i knew i needed to push. I pushed like crazy through the second half of that final lap, losing the year end maaaasssivley at one stage. When they had a little kerffufel. I managed to (only just being squeezed to the edge of the track as they rejoined) get through to 2nd, once again, another fairytail race for me, and showing Silverstone wasn't luck ;)

Sadly however, I garauntee i wont be a championship contender at all, as I will be missing next weeks race due to the Aus F1 GP, good luck to everyone in the next race!!! And thankyou all for some A grade racing once again, ROOZ is truly the best racing i've had.

Also, may I add, Thanks CAB ;) and thanks Hatfield for the brilliant continuous battle, you had me sweating and nervous, judging every movement of my wheel! love racing with you!

I was going to add a photo of a side-by-side shot of Hat and I but cannot for the life of me work out how...

(My apologies if i've mixed drivers with certin events, it happened quite quickly and i haven't checked ove rmy replays excpet for nabbing a few photos)
    Hatfield likes this.