PCARS Project C.A.R.S - General

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by beau261, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Beau_Albert

Beau_Albert World Champion

PSN ID
    iRacing: Beau Albert
    Willow Springs....... im sooooo excited...... *Walks off planet*
    Seriously though Sonoma and the Nordschelife are epic inclusions! :D Being a LMP fanboy myself, im ultra excited about the huge P2 and P1 field we are getting :D
  2. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    latest PS4 video via PlayStation Access:
  3. Ryzza5

Ryzza5 Professional

PSN ID
    PSN: Ryzza5 / Steam: Ryzza5
    Had a quick play late the other night when I was pretty tired... let's just say my choice of weather and time of day didn't help me stay awake :)

Ad2mny and Crunch like this.
  4. Driftoz

Driftoz Team Driver Gold Member

damn that looks good what build number is that ?
  5. feenix7

feenix7 Rookie

PSN ID
    feenix777
    Another delay, to be released in May now
  6. zampli

zampli Team Driver

lmao not gonna bother with this, waste of money for me to do console setup and probs won't even play that much tbh, massive joke
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I expect most people wanting this to be gt6s great savior will be dissapointed, if these servers don't hold up then what's the point. I'll be interested in physics as well, they looking average.
    KoAStR likes this.
  8. leeboy910

leeboy910 Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    leeboy910
    I'm with you mate. Will stick with AC on PC for a while and wait for GT7...I've got PLENTY to keep me busy in the meantime :thumbsup:
  9. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    So much negativity and hate I'll probably reserve judgement until I ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME, if it sucks so be it, but if it turns out to be a more stable reliable alternative to gt6 then it's happy days. I'm extremely pissed off that it has been delayed again but I don't think that is any reason to write the game off before it's even been released, I'll go in with an open mind and if it's good then yay, but if it doesn't live up to expectations I'm not going kill myself over it either.
    Crunch, stucar17 and WAC like this.
  10. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    Ps4 servers seem a lot more stable in the games I've played so far. GTAV is the big test as there must be millions playing it worldwide, and the only time it ever bugs out is when my missus watches a video on sookbook, which is nothing to do with the servers. I'm so looking forward to a decent racing game on the ps4.
    JonoStan96 likes this.
  11. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Many of us have actually played at least a couple of builds.
  12. CobMcCool

CobMcCool Professional Gold Member

PSN ID
    CobMcCool
    I'm talking mostly about the ps4 version however wouldn't judging a game on a early unfinished version be a bit short sighted and prejudicial like I said I'll wait until I've played the finished version and then I can pass judgement on whether it's good or crap
  13. zampli

zampli Team Driver

tbh before this delay was announced, I probably wasn't going to get anyway as I don't want to spend more $$ on a console setup I wont use a lot. regardless, I'm mainly bashing the handling of the release, the amount of delays is a joke and they all just come out with the "we need time to make the game perfect, wouldnt want u playing an unfinished bla bla..."Look at driveclubs release.
    Obviously without playing it, I'm only going off what I see and other people's opinions on the physics but they do look a bit meh-simcade.
  14. fezza

fezza Team Driver

PSN ID
    FeZZa_21
    I think some people are spitting the dummy because can't have it yet lol don't worry you'll get over it and will get excited again in a few weeks time. while I'm disappointed and annoyed with the delay too, I'll wait until it's released for judgement.
    SuiCid3 likes this.
  15. Ad2mny

Ad2mny Absentee Moderator / PS5 ACC Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Ad2mny
    I've pre ordered it so I'll get it as soon as they decide its ready for release. I'm impressed with how it looks on the PC, and the physics 'look' pretty good. I'm taking a punt I guess, but without a wheel it really can't br judged properly. Wish they'd hurry up and confirm supported wheels for ps4 so I can put one on layby, if it's a thrustmaster wheel I'm not gonna be able to afford to buy it outright.
  16. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Yes and no. I mean this game has been alpha/beta for a very long time. Finished or unfinished the engine at it's core won't be changing significantly, nor would it have recently. Judging the completeness of finishing touches like environments, effects and sounds by all means would be premature. Judging dynamic response and handling not so much, especially on the precipice of release.

Also I think the commentaries at this stage aren't so polarising as "good" vs "crap", I think it's pretty clear there's no chance of it being "crap". more like "one of the best sims out" vs "visually stunning and fun but a bit more in the sim-cade spectrum".
    SuiCid3 and Ad2mny like this.
  17. zampli

zampli Team Driver

I stopped being excited for this a while ago lol, I've only ever meant I definitely won't Get on console, if I did pc it wouldn't be for a while
  18. Crunch

Crunch Professional

PSN ID
    Torque_Tuition
    Phuck dis sheet.

I'm done.

I mean, I will be getting my hands on it because I pre-ordered months ago, and I actually don't mind waiting more.

But what I don't like, is being taken for a fool, getting promised something, and then being lied to.
    Gran Turismo and Grand Theft Auto are serial offenders.

This will also hurt some reputation for the game, and maybe sales, so I'm actually rather indifferent because they get what they deserve.
    NO GAME SHOULD BE DELAYED 3 TIMES. Promotions for the game clearly started way too early.
    SuiCid3, JonoStan96 and KoAStR like this.
  19. SuiCid3

SuiCid3 Professional

PSN ID
    ranok3n
    Of course we're pissed.
    When a game is slated for a certain release date, with the amount of hype it's been given, and then to only have that taken away from us, not once, but twice? And also throw in the amount of time they've had developing the game...
    Who wouldn't be?
    Without having played the game this is just DriveClub reincarnated atm.
    The only way this game will redeem itself is if the game play is as good as we've been promised... but from early build reviews that's gonna be a mixed bag!
    Crunch likes this.
  20. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
    Well, these frequent delays really leads me to believe that it's going to suffer the same fate as GT5, released half finished, updating constantly. I wish these developers would just announce a realistic target, rather than disappoint fans time and time again. It doesn't affect me since I have no cash to actually buy a PS4, bit if I did, I'd be less than impressed having to wait again.
    KoAStR likes this.