Season 5 Division 1

Discussion in 'GTLOZ Past Seasons' started by KoAStR, Sep 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Just pointing out that I posted at 8:55am this morning saying I would be opening the room straight after f1. I assume you didnt see that post cyberstig?

Considering this is the only time I'M available to race, and NOONE will volunteer to be backup host, its a bit worthless putting it to any kind of vote I reckon.
  2. Cyber_STIG_77

Cyber_STIG_77 Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Cyber77__
    No worries guys, i am happy to be backup host. i have good connection (11.5 mbps) so just let me know what i have to do.
  3. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Firstly, well done Pagone on a very solid performance last night, victory well deserved, and to Jezza, on that awesome drive back through the field after pitting, big effort.

Now onto my race, I managed to run a 52.025 in the practice session but couldn't pull one out the bag in qualy, claimed 2nd on the grid with a 52.7xx, come race start I got a slightly better getaway than Jezza, had a slight run on him into turn 1 but decided to yield as I didn't want any mishaps so early on, followed closely behind for a lap or two before Jezza ran slightly wide on exit of the first chicane, took first position and continued on my merry way, Jezza and I ran within 1-2 seconds for the next 10 or 11 laps I think and at a rather hot pace.

Come lap 13 or so I negotiated my way through turn 1 only to look at the map and see that Jezza had vanished, caught me by surprise tbh and I made a bit of a booboo at turn 4 (the slow right hander), but I forged ahead, had a few seconds on Pagone and I'll admit, I thought I had a good chance at getting the win, I then went ahead and got myself a shortcut penalty on the second chicane, cost me the lead, received yet another shortcut penalty the next lap as by this time the car was becoming a bit of a handful to drive, Pags was gone and I was watching Jezza move through the field on the leaderboard, I honestly thought I'd be able to maintain 2nd place until the end but the tyres, boy oh boy the tyres went off in a big way, the early pace Jezza and I ran at had taken a massive toll, being in front and having no slipstream to assist, all my pace was being made through the corners, and in the end it was what killed my race, in hindsight I probably should've let Jezza by at the start and I could've used his draft to keep the pace which might've made the tyres last a few laps longer, but hey, it was fun while it lasted, by lap 16 I couldn't maintain Pagone's pace, the tyres were causing me to make errors, Jezza was flying, the pressure was on, by lap 17 I was lapping perilously close to the 2 minute mark, Jezza had been and gone, lap 21 I had a mishap and with the tyres being completely shot ran a 2:07, Chev was on his way, lap 22 managed to keep it on the road for a 2:06, haha, Pagone said he managed to keep in the 56's, so I lost approximately 21 seconds to him in 2 laps, crazy, but a great deal of fun.

One more thing Pagone, how the hell did you make your tyres last so well, you were running a pretty hot pace with Jezza and myself up the front for the first half of the race and then as my tyres got progressively worse before ultimately falling off a cliff, you just walked away, I couldn't understand how they could be in sooo much better condition, you must be as smooth as butter mate :lol:

In the end, I probably should have either pitted halfway through or just not allowed the fact that I had Jezza on my tail to dictate my early pace, but hey, I'm only human, was still a huge amount of fun and congrats to everyone on a much tidier event than the previous one.
  4. carn_the_pies

carn_the_pies Moderator Team Raceonoz

PSN ID
    Raceonoz_Carn
    How was the turnout for you boys this week?
  5. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    We had 9 start the race but Flood had a very brief power outage so obviously he dropped out, Fryz was a no show which was unfortunate, would've made for some great racing up front.
  6. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Results for Round 3 - Daytona Road

[​IMG]
    1. Pagone41
    2. jezza1
    3. SNAKEiSM
    4. Chevwah
    5. blueyonder-666-
    6. Cyber_STIG_77
    7. thestig-13 + 0:50.028 (not shown thanks to GT5 bug)
    8. natmanscoop

9. FloodSim (DNF)

We will have to await fastest laps from natman, or anyone else who saved the replay. I wasn't able to for reasons below..

Pretty disapointing race for me.
    I've been quite sick for the past week so i'd done no practice and I knew I was going to struggle against everyone else. So I was glad to see I could keep up with blueyonder, stig77 and natman early on. Through mistakes from others I found myself up behind blueyonder and Chev battling for 4th at about half race distance.
    I decided to pit this time considering I didn't at Monza and it may have hurt me there. But thanks to no practice I found the pit entry was glitched if you don't do it right. I went in at the wrong angle it would seem which reset my car, then just drove me through the pits and out the other side. I tried again next lap which worked, but by this time I knew my race was done and I would be bringing up the rear.

In the end it all counted for nothing anyway. We had a storm come over here in Brisbane which seem to come outta nowhere and lasted maybe 10mins. But in that time I had some problem with electricity and everything cut out for the briefest of moments, probably not even a second, but still it cut out everything, my modem, lights, tv etc.

I reconnected just to be able to get results but wasn't able to save the replay for fastest laps.
    Hopefully everyone was a little more please with how things were run this week, irrespective of the confusion with race times, that won't be a problem we'll have again.
  7. Chevwah

Chevwah Rookie

That's a shame flood. I hate power outages like that when I'm doing online stuff. I think it went pretty well for the rest of us tbh. I didn't notice any lag or glitches on my end. Like you I had almost no practice, so I wasn't expecting a great result. I bagged 4th which was better than hoped tbh. I've been busy over the last few days, and with bf3 out I've been smashing it in my free time. I'm really hoping to get some practice on for Monaco though. Racing there is gonna be hectic.
  8. Pagone41

Pagone41 New Recruit

Thanks Snake, congratulations to you and Jezza for the podium. I must admit I thought I was in trouble after a disastrous qualifying session where I just could'nt put a lap together. In practise, I was sitting comfortably in the 52's. Come qualifying I ran too deep into turn one ruining my first attempt, did exactly the same thing 2nd lap. Decided to pit for fresh tyres and got a terrible exit out of the bus stop then ran out of time on my last attempt which was looking pretty good.
    7th it was. Got a good start and made a place into turn 1 and by the start of lap 2 I was in a good little battle with chevy for 3rd. By lap 3 the race had settled down with Snake on a great pace up front, Jezza chasing hard and me about 5 seconds behind. I knew from here it was a matter of making the tyres last, staying tidy and consistent. I resisted the urge to push like hell and just maintained splits which were reducing by only a few tenths every split. Come lap 8 I was noticing Jezza get a little untidy here and there and I was starting to reduce the gap on snake. Lap 11 Jezza pits and I'm closing in on snake. I could see he was starting to struggle on his tyres so I just maintained my pace confident he will come back to me. Lap 13 snake gets it a bit wrong out of the bus stop and now I'm in the lead. By lap 15 i had about a 5 sec lead on snake lapping pretty comfortably in the 55's but I could see Jezza making big time on us. I resisted the urge to push hard as the car was now driving on a bunch of marshmallows. Brake early, make apex was all that was going on in my mind. Managed to keep in the 56's and just get over the line for the win. Thoroughly enjoyable race! Congratulations Jezza for an awesome fightback and fastest lap (1:52.277)
  9. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

fastest lap,s from last nigh DIV1

1 pagone41 1.52,739

2 jezza1 1.52,277

3 snakeism 1.52,892

4 chevwah 1.53,532

5 blueyonder 1.53,335

6 cyber stig 77 1.53,868

7the stig 13 1.53,799

8 natmanscoop 1.53,766

9 floodsim 1.54,073
  10. Small_Fryz

Small_Fryz Rookie

Well done Pag!

I was at a mates house playing poker. Sorry I couldnt make it
  11. SNAKEiSM

SNAKEiSM Jason

PSN ID
    SNAKEiSM
    Haha, fair enough Fryz, and Pags, I could only dream of running 56's for the last 5 or 6 laps on my sorry excuse for tyres, I should've run the hards! :p Ah yeah and sorry, I knew I would've got my laps a bit mixed up in my little race review, didn't save the replay so couldn't look back on it.
  12. KoAStR

KoAStR Like a bowss Team Raceonoz Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    Hey guys. Thanks for the fastest laps.
    For future, could you please post it as shown on the wiki, then I can just copy paste, and sort, rather than re-formatting as well.

Format:
    [time] PSN ID - e.g. 1.52,739 pagone41
    Cheers.
  13. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    Those issues with some people not showing must have struck again, as I did finish the race in 7th place, 50 seconds down on Pagone.
  14. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    If you can verify that with a screen shot I can change the standings accordingly. i.e. award you 7th and drop natman down (based on the split times)
  15. Blue Yonder

Blue Yonder New Recruit

hey guys
    the stig13 finish the race got passed him on lap21 and could see him at the end.
  16. TheStig13

TheStig13 Professional Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    thestig-13
    [​IMG]
  17. KoAStR

PSN ID
    KoAStR
    No probs mate, leaderboard adjusted. (sorry natman! :p)
  18. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    Well holy :):):):), that's the first time i've experienced the missing players glitch.
    That screenshot of mine is from the race results screen after the race. When I rejoined, it showed thestig13 briefly on track, but he was just stationary in the middle of the road, then eventually he disappeared from the drivers list. I thought at the time that was strange. This bug scares me.

Sorry theStig13, I'll update my results post.
  19. natmanscoop

natmanscoop Professional Gold Member

Hehe I thought something was amiss with that result listing!
    Thanks for posting the fastest laps BlueYonder :)

Yeah I'm not being massively impressed with the psn/online issues.
    I took 4 tries to connect to the server this week. Weaksauce.
  20. FloodSim

FloodSim Rookie

PSN ID
    FloodSim
    IWinNumber1 has pulled out.
    I sent him a PSN message last week and he got back to me saying he's been playing Forza. Booooo...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.