2013 F1 discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mustafur, Mar 15, 2013.

1. S_CLOSE

S_CLOSE Professional

PSN ID
    S_CLOSE
    Really killed the show yesterday, felt I was watching a race from 12 years ago.
  2. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :mad: I Agree!! If they're going to have the tyres like this,they should have refuelling,it would provide much more strategy options. The way things are going,if nothing changes with the tyres,it's a 2 horse race for the drivers championship,they being Lotus with Kimi, & Ferrari with Alonso,unless Mercedes find some Magical fix to their rear tyre heat problems.
    Anyone else think Vettel blew his chances in Malaysia by creating such disharmony in the team? ]:D
    I thought it was a great drive by Mark,considering he obviously hit the anti stall,& was P14 at turn 2,maybe he might have had something for Massa,but his star put paid to that!

Bet his starts change next year at Ferrari(might as well call it,the only way he'll stay at RED Bull,is if Vettel goes),he won't retire,he's still fast and enjoying his racing,just not some of Red Bull's B/S Politics!

But for us Aussies,it'll be all good because the person who will step in will be Daniel Ricciardo,& look out Vettel,if he's this good in the Torro Rosso,he's gonna give him a wake up call.

AND TO CHRISTIAN HORNER,LET'S SEE WHAT HAPPENS AT MONACO! TOO OLD AND PAST IT MY ASS. 2 TIME WINNER THERE AS I RECALL,NOT TOO MANY IN THAT LEAGUE!!!!!! :mad:
  3. zampli

zampli Team Driver

You reckon he'll go to Ferrari still?
    I highly doubt it now, especially in these last few months.

I don't think Horner said anything wrong, pretty much he's clearly not in his prime anymore, which Webber has admitted before anyway.
    I hope Ricciardo keeps up good form, but I hope sometime JEV gets a clean race soon so we can try and measure them up with the updates. He's been pretty unlucky recently.
  4. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    :) Don't forget Dan's first 2 races! Since then he has comprehensibly beaten JEV in Qually and the races. The way they seem to actually be getting benefit from their updates is a great sign that come Spa,and Monza,they might be able to spring a surprise. JEV needs to do more than he is at present,FAR MORE!!,if he wants that 2nd seat at Red Bull.

Oh, and yes,i REALLY believe he will be at the Scuderia next year,they want the inside info he has from Red Bull,especially after the reports from the Catalunya pit paddock that had Mark spent ALOT of time in the Ferrari section,when not required,it was the first destination he headed for!! I REALLY believe he wants a chance at Vettel in a different car!
  5. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I doubt any top team wants Mark after this year, I also doubt Webber will race next year.

Don't read too much into the Vettel nonsense, he has a good relationship with key people in the Team.

Ricciardo is the Future Aussie driver imo, he is starting to get his races nailed and is much more consistent and has a Supreme Qualifying Record against his team mate(which most Teams use as a Judgement of speed).

He will be in Webbers Seat next year.
  6. DekGT5mad

DekGT5mad Derek Nickels

PSN ID
    Dbn26
    Were we watching the same telecast? LOL it was all they seemed to talk about. Let's see what happens,maybe Horner's comment was to stick a cracker up his ass! LOL Will be very interesting to see what happens when both drivers at Red Bull are the same size,roughly,bringing the 2 cars much closer together in spec,everyone knows that most of Marks KERS problems over the years have been due to slightly different packaging to Vettel,simply cause of Mark's larger frame. Whatever happens,Mark has other options,i.e unfinished business at Le Mans,etc,but i think he has a couple years left in him yet,& Ferrari are reknowned for sacking drivers no matter how good they have run that year. Suppose we'll have to wait and see!!! 8)
  7. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah, I don't forget dans first two races but I'm not forgetting JEVs last couple either. I definitely think Riccardo is still the better driver, I just want a trouble free weekend for both of them.
    I didn't hear them talk about Webber/Ferrari that much? I didn't watch qualifying but still, I haven't heard those rumours in a while and don't think he'll be there, if F1 at all.
  8. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    Ricciardo was comfortably ahead of Vergne before he had that pitlane hit.

But nothing will really be certain with those two till around the Italian GP.
  9. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Grosjean red-flagged P2 lol, locked up going into Saint Devote.
    F1 cars look so weird when they're hoisted up on the crane so high in the air.
  10. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Big investigation into Mercedes/Pirelli about their 3-day Barcelona test.
    Happy to see Webber in third, lucky they jumped Hamilton when he slowed too much. Stupid Grosjean, Ricciardo wasn't in the points but still, wtf.
  11. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    It was quite a good race for Monaco standards. I dont think Mercedes will be in trouble as its Pirellis fault for not giving every team the chance to take part.

I hope Ricciardo can bounce back as he was quite a bit slower then Vergne all weekend, however it was one of his week tracks last year as well.
  12. Darko

Darko Professional

PSN ID
    xxDARKOxx
  13. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Yeah, Grosjean and Maldonardo have probably written off near $1billion worth of F1 machinery in their careers. Teams need to stop giving them contracts. The little Frenchie will start 10 spots behind where he qual's in Canada. Slap on the wrist really.

As for Webber and RBR. I've read it in articles on a few different websites and the commentators were discussing it again last night, Kimi is off contract this season and RBR have been sniffing around. If Ricciardo has a few more weekends like this we won't have an Aussie in the field before too long.

And finally, Massa... WTF! Did he have a brain fart, or was that mechanical?? That was one big shunt.
  14. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Yeah the Kimi/RBR rumours have been going on for ages now. I hope he doesn't go and stays with Lotus, let someone else younger have a go in a top car, just like him when we went to McLaren.

Ricciardos weekend wasn't a complete disaster, I guess looked worse with the DNF. I was thinking of last year at Monaco as well and he didn't have a great weekend then either. He lost one position at the start but can be forgiven for not making up any either as obviously not many others did through overtaking. His 7th at China is still overall their strongest result (not just regarding it being one higher than JEV/Monaco).

BTW they're saying Massas crash was a mechanical problem with the front left corner of the car.
  15. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I can't see Redbull Hiring outside the their pool of drivers, it would.make the millions spent on previous catgories and Torro Rosso a complete waste of money.

If Ricciardo and Vergne finish close by the end of the season i bet Red bull will have a shootout with those two and Buemi and the winner would get the seat(there is a reason why they kept Buemi in their program and tossed alguersuari).
    The only driver they have ever Hired that wasn't part of the redbull program or had raced with their current team is David Coulthard(Webber had 2 seasons with jaguar which is what Redbull came from and the basic team is still there today)and that was their first season and they needed an experienced driver for development.
  16. zampli

zampli Team Driver

Webber confirmed Porsche sports car switch.
  17. JonoStan96

JonoStan96 Legend Gold Member Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    JonoStan96 (J.Stankowski)
  18. Anon666

Anon666 Destitute Gentleman Driver Team Raceonoz Super ROOZ

PSN ID
    Anon666
    Beat me to it Zamps. Hope he finishes the season strongly.
  19. Mustafur

Mustafur World Champion

PSN ID
    Mustafur
    I hope Ricciardo steps up, its obvious hes not that good in wet races compared to vergne which is why i think vergne has dominated him the last two races, but he has to come.out with the performance of hia life in the new few GPs and he should be in Pole poaition for the seat.

In F1 people have a short memory and it can work in your favour.
  20. zampli

zampli Team Driver